My Grande Valley Railway in the "N"ormal scale - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Back Shop (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+--- Forum: Remembering Our Fallen Flag Members (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Johnathan (Catt) Edwards - The 'ol Furrball (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+---- Thread: My Grande Valley Railway in the "N"ormal scale (/showthread.php?tid=3870)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Re: My Grande Valley Railway in the "N"ormal scale - Catt - 06-18-2015

Cataract surgery is slowing down any progress on the rebuild of the layout.So there may not be much progress to report on this project.

Re: My Grande Valley Railway in the "N"ormal scale - Tyson Rayles - 06-18-2015

Cataract surgery was life changing for me, now Z scale seems HUGE! Best wishes for a speedy recovery/healing process!

Re: My Grande Valley Railway in the "N"ormal scale - Catt - 06-18-2015

I can already tell a difference,just glad I did not have this while I was still working.

Re: My Grande Valley Railway in the "N"ormal scale - BR60103 - 06-18-2015

My cataract surgery went fairly well, but it exposed some shortcomings in my re-attached retina (which was the cause of the cataract). However, I can now read my clock radio at night without glasses, at least in that eye.
I also have a colour perception difference between my eyes. One thinks that the hall carpet is taupe while the other sees it as ecru.

I have no further interest in discussing PRR green.

Re: My Grande Valley Railway in the "N"ormal scale - Tyson Rayles - 06-19-2015

" taupe while the other sees it as ecru."

Those are colors??????????????????? Icon_lol

Re: My Grande Valley Railway in the "N"ormal scale - Catt - 06-21-2015

Overall shot of the 10'6" wall section.

[Image: Deconstruction_6.jpg]

Corner shot,current plan is to keep these two buildings where they are.The track you see will be moved forward and a couple more buildings added (at least one on each side of the street).

[Image: Deconstruction_10.jpg]

Now it's back into the destruct mode as that grade against the wall has to go.(there will be no grades in the new version of the GVR).

Re: My Grande Valley Railway in the "N"ormal scale - Tyson Rayles - 06-22-2015

It's a mess now but I'm sure it will turn out great.

Re: My Grande Valley Railway in the "N"ormal scale - Catt - 07-04-2015

More destruction photos coming.Here is the first one.All of this is on it's way out,plus another 6'6" to make room for the Z layout.

[Image: Deconstruction_11.jpg]

Three of the shelves will be mounted on wall brackets.This is a picture of the brackets for the shelf I am working on now.These same brackets will also be the supports for the Z layout once I get it into the basement.

[Image: Bracket_1.jpg]

Re: My Grande Valley Railway in the "N"ormal scale - Catt - 07-12-2015

This is the last deconstruction picture.From here on out the updates will be build pictures.My thoughts are to have a train running by mid August then get started on the Z layout.

[Image: Deconstruction_12.jpg]

Re: My Grande Valley Railway in the "N"ormal scale - Catt - 07-14-2015

Here's the bench work drawing for the new and improved Grande Valley Railway.

[Image: GrandeValley-benchwork-1.jpg]

Re: My Grande Valley Railway in the "N"ormal scale - Catt - 07-20-2015

Nuther update ,two more screws and this side is ready for blue board.They a fast trip to Menards for the material for the open side.I estimate that I will have around $125.00 in this rebuild including new cork roadbed. 2285_

[Image: Deconstruction_13.jpg]

I think it will take longer to dump the accumulated junk than it is taking to rebuild the layout. Wallbang

Re: My Grande Valley Railway in the "N"ormal scale - Tyson Rayles - 07-21-2015

:wait: :wait: :wait: :wait: :wait: Still no scenery? Eek Goldth

Re: My Grande Valley Railway in the "N"ormal scale - Catt - 07-21-2015

Mike said,
Quote: :wait: :wait: :wait: :wait: :wait: :wait: Still no scenery? Eek Goldth

Wallbang Eek Nope Some people Goldth

Re: My Grande Valley Railway in the "N"ormal scale - Tyson Rayles - 07-22-2015

2285_ Goldth

Re: My Grande Valley Railway in the "N"ormal scale - Catt - 07-22-2015

I ran out of usable 2' extruded Styrofoam Wallbang Everything I have left is not wide enough or long enough to use Nope

[Image: Deconstruction_14.jpg]