The New Layout - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: Branchline (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Forum: Layouts (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+--- Thread: The New Layout (/showthread.php?tid=440)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Re: The New Layout - Steamtrains - 12-29-2009

That's looking quite nice.....That backdrop sure dresses things up... Thumbsup What did you use to make it..??

Re: The New Layout - Trains Winnipeg - 12-30-2009

Well did a little more work today, Started to lay out the mine in this spot. Originally I was going to put the mine back in the corner and put a small town here as well. Now I think i am just going to make one large mining complex. Here is a few pictures of the start of the track arrangements.
[albumimg]1727[/albumimg]
[albumimg]1728[/albumimg]

Re: The New Layout - Trains Winnipeg - 12-30-2009

And a few hours later after some thoughts. Roadbed is drying.
[albumimg]1730[/albumimg]
[albumimg]1729[/albumimg]

Re: The New Layout - Trains Winnipeg - 01-03-2010

Well a little more progress has been made. The track work for the mine is starting to take shape.
[albumimg]1745[/albumimg]
[albumimg]1744[/albumimg]
[albumimg]1746[/albumimg]

Re: The New Layout - Trucklover - 01-06-2010

The Mine scene is looking good!! That New River Mining Company was one of my favorite builds Misngth

Re: The New Layout - ngauger - 01-06-2010

Looks great so far! Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup

Re: The New Layout - Trains Winnipeg - 01-06-2010

Well this evening I had a little time to finish up laying the track in the mine complex. So here is a quick over view.
[albumimg]1750[/albumimg]
[albumimg]1751[/albumimg]

The switching lead.
[albumimg]1749[/albumimg]

And the engine escape at the back of the mine
[albumimg]1748[/albumimg]

Now to connect all the feeders to the bus.And the Scenery can start in this area! 2285_

Re: The New Layout - Trains Winnipeg - 01-14-2010

Steamtrains Wrote:That's looking quite nice.....That backdrop sure dresses things up... Thumbsup What did you use to make it..??

Sorry i missed your question. The backdrops are 4x8 sheets of 1/8th inch masonite. Its flexible and easy too work with, just be careful when bending around a 90 degree corner. It will snap.

Re: The New Layout - Trains Winnipeg - 02-07-2010

Well its been a busy few weeks around here buy i have managed to get some more work done on this area of the layout.

Step 1 The lighting needed work. Originally there was only one little pot light for this area. 20$ at Home Depot fixed that.
[albumimg]2128[/albumimg]

Now onto scenery, I meant to take a picture as i started but missed a few. The tunnel liners are installed and the entrance has been ballasted.
[albumimg]2126[/albumimg]
[albumimg]2127[/albumimg]
[albumimg]2129[/albumimg]

And a few closer shots of the rock work. The detail doesn't show well here but once they are stained I will add the pictures.
[albumimg]2131[/albumimg]
[albumimg]2130[/albumimg]

A few more evening should get all the rocks applied and blended into the hill. Then onto painting the hillsides.

Re: The New Layout - Trains Winnipeg - 02-10-2010

Well I have started to color the hills in this area, first up is one of the rock castings.
[albumimg]2148[/albumimg]

This is sort of the perspective from the mine. This area will mostly be covered by trees since this is Appalachia.
[albumimg]2149[/albumimg]

And a shot with some placed equipment to help visualize it.
[albumimg]2150[/albumimg]

Now could someone make me a few hundred deciduous trees? 35

Re: The New Layout - Trains Winnipeg - 02-13-2010

Well I wasn't entirely happy with the coloring of the rocks. Found it a little too dark. So sprayed all the outcroppings with white primer tonight and started again. And here is what turned out. It is a little darker in person than the photo shows.
[albumimg]2159[/albumimg]

Re: The New Layout - Trains Winnipeg - 02-13-2010

And a little more progress.
[albumimg]2161[/albumimg]
[albumimg]2162[/albumimg]
[albumimg]2163[/albumimg]

Re: The New Layout - Steamtrains - 02-14-2010

... Thumbsup Well done...!! Thumbsup

Re: The New Layout - Ralph - 02-14-2010

Great rock work! Thumbsup
Ralph

Re: The New Layout - eightyeightfan1 - 02-14-2010