My Grande Valley Railway in the "N"ormal scale - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Back Shop (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+--- Forum: Remembering Our Fallen Flag Members (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Johnathan (Catt) Edwards - The 'ol Furrball (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+---- Thread: My Grande Valley Railway in the "N"ormal scale (/showthread.php?tid=3870)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Re: The Ol Furrball's New Years resolution challenge - nachoman - 03-04-2012

That's horrible, Catt - at least you now have a legitimate excuse for "armchair modeling" Icon_lol

Re: The Ol Furrball's New Years resolution challenge - Tyson Rayles - 03-04-2012

Layout looks great Catt, hope you can get some relief for your back soon!

Re: The Ol Furrball's New Years resolution challenge - Catt - 03-31-2012

Well I did manage to get a little more done.I wanted to get a lot more finished but I feel lucky getting as much as I did.Here are two pics ,the first one from the same perspective as the last pic posted.

[Image: next-15.jpg]

This one was taken from a different angle to better show what I got done.For the next 20 days my main project will be my Z layout.While I am working on the Z the only time I will be working on this layout is while I am waiting for glue or paint to dry.

[Image: next-16.jpg]

Re: The Ol Furrball's New Years resolution challenge - BR60103 - 04-01-2012

Catt Wrote:This one was taken from a different angle to better show what I got done.For the next 20 days my main project will be my Z layout.While I am working on the Z the only time I will be working on this layout is while I am waiting for glue or paint to dry.
We'll see if we can get you some slow-drying glue.

Re: The Ol Furrball's New Years resolution challenge - Catt - 04-01-2012

David, I have to April 20th to get a town commercial district done on my Z layout (next show is April 21. Eek)
Fortunately I have about a third of the buildings built.

Re: The Ol Furrball's New Years resolution challenge - Tyson Rayles - 04-02-2012

"We'll see if we can get you some slow-drying glue." Icon_lol

Looking good Catt!

Re: The Ol Furrball's New Years resolution challenge - nachoman - 04-02-2012

That's a convincing scene. Having the roads and tracks not parallel or perpendicular to the layout edge really makes a difference. Thumbsup

Re: My Grande Valley Railway in the "N"ormal scale - Catt - 06-09-2012

Ok back at it and having fun.Got the trucking company this far this weekend.I extended the left side wall so the building was setting straight and made a new as yet not finished roof (details).I will be working on Kindel Furniture tomorrow so I can get theis section done.Then from there to the right side to get Fowler's Fine Furniture up to snuff.

Anywho this is this weeks progress. :mrgreen:

[Image: next-18.jpg]

Re: My Grande Valley Railway in the "N"ormal scale - Tyson Rayles - 06-10-2012

Looks like some serious big city railroading Catt ! Thumbsup

Re: My Grande Valley Railway in the "N"ormal scale - Catt - 06-10-2012

I'm on a roll Mike,got the rest of the trucking company lawn done this morning.Hoping to get the scenery done around Kindels Furniture done today.Interesting little tidbit about Kindels is that if I had built it to scale it would be over 6' long in N scale. Eek

I hope to post more pics later today or tomorrow morning.

Re: My Grande Valley Railway in the "N"ormal scale - Catt - 06-11-2012

It is 4:11 am Monday morning and I can't sleep.I got almost all I wanted to get done yesterday done.Here is the proof. Eek

[Image: next-19.jpg]

I think I will work on some signage later today and probaly that stretch of ugly to the left of the street.

Re: My Grande Valley Railway in the "N"ormal scale - Tyson Rayles - 06-11-2012

Trying to show up us slackers with your constant, steady progress Catt? Eek Worship

Re: My Grande Valley Railway in the "N"ormal scale - Catt - 06-17-2012

One more progress photo.Bit more ground cover down.Bluish gray building is a cardstock model my frioend Terry Holmes did just for me.It will be known as "Holmes Auto Repair" Now I just need to find a decent Roll back car hauler and a pickup based tow truck.I don't weant one of the Athearn units because they are heavyduty semi haulers.

[Image: next-21.jpg]

I really need to get started on business signs,I have one for each of the furniture factories but have decided they are to big for what I want.

Re: My Grande Valley Railway in the "N"ormal scale - Tyson Rayles - 06-17-2012

Looking good Catt!

Re: My Grande Valley Railway in the "N"ormal scale - Catt - 06-17-2012

Tought I would toss this close up pic into the mix just incase somebody is thinking about some cardstock buildings(disclaimer here I did not make this one)

[Image: terrys1.jpg]