A hole in the wall X4 - a liftout bridge (page 12) - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: Branchline (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Forum: Layouts (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+--- Thread: A hole in the wall X4 - a liftout bridge (page 12) (/showthread.php?tid=653)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Re: A hole in the wall X4 - Backdrop (page 6) - TrainNut - 11-17-2009

Now I get to start thinking about the other side. It will be a little bit longer... closer to 12' I think. I'm going to start on the left with an industrial scene and then fade into a city backdrop in the middle and then back into an urban countryside on the right end.

Re: A hole in the wall X4 - Backdrop (page 6) - nachoman - 11-17-2009

I am not a huge fan of backdrops, but that one looks pretty darned good. I am suprrised that you got such a good printout from that plotter. I use them to print out maps at work, and while it works well for that process, the resolution and colors aren't that great.

Re: A hole in the wall X4 - Backdrop (page 6) - TrainNut - 11-17-2009

I guess it would help if I were to show the whole backdrop instead of a little piece in the corner...

Re: A hole in the wall X4 - Backdrop (page 6) - Jesso - 11-26-2009

That backdrop is very nice, you did a nice job with it! Love the subway scene, that is going to be a nice place to run your bullet train from. Glad the farm scene turned out well again. Keep up the good work, can't wait to see your canyons!

Re: A hole in the wall X4 - Backdrop (page 6) - Bob C - 11-26-2009

Cheers ...The BLUE snow looks really good, too! Is that color specific to Az.? Bob C.

Re: A hole in the wall X4 - Backdrop (page 6) - LynnB - 11-26-2009

Now that is one fantastic little layout and you even got away with doing it in the family room. 2285_

Re: A hole in the wall X4 - Backdrop (page 6) - TrainNut - 12-23-2009

Allrighty boyos, I finally got around to printing out and installing the backdrop of the city panorama for the industrial side. It ended up being 16" x 13'.
Time to be trimmed...

The backdrop in full...

And three more a little closer up from left to right...

Re: A hole in the wall X4 - Backdrop (page 6) - TrainNut - 12-23-2009

I think I posted these a couple of weeks ago in the WPF thread but forgot to put them in here...
Progress on the country town... all kinds of little projects going on in there.

Re: A hole in the wall X4 - Backdrop (page 6) - Ralph - 12-24-2009

Wow! Those backdrop photos are very effective! Thumbsup
Ralph

Re: A hole in the wall X4 - Backdrop (page 6) - Jesso - 12-24-2009

I like your backdrops, they look really nice. You town is shaping up quite nicely.

Re: A hole in the wall X4 - Backdrop (page 6) - woodone - 01-03-2010

This is looking real good. Thumbsup
Where you find the time to build all of this? I know that the two boys keep you plenty busy.
I have been at mine for over two years and it does not look anything like yours.
Are you sure you don't want to come buy and work for me so I can catch up with you.
With you here working and not at your place working I should be able to gain some ground. Icon_lol

Re: A hole in the wall X4 - Backdrop (page 6) - TrainNut - 01-03-2010

woodone Wrote:Where you find the time to build all of this? I know that the two boys keep you plenty busy.
After the rest of the family goes to bed!

Tonight, the little people came out of their city planning meeting demanding I start work on the 27th street underpass extension. So, I did.
The proposed site...

Here you can see how we threw up some retaining walls real quick to hold back the slopes and the little people have erected some temporary framing to keep things from caving in during construction. They are even helping me haul off some of the blue foam.

In record speed, the majority of the work was done and several little people were already braving the construction for a shorter way home.

Re: A hole in the wall X4 - Underpass extension (page 7) - Jesso - 01-06-2010

Looking good, except for now it looks like the underpass to nowhere Icon_lol Wish my little people would help me out. But unfortunately, they, like me, lack the proper tools to do anything. Those backdrops are very nice had to look twice to see if that red building was backdrop or model.

Re: A hole in the wall X4 - Backdrop (page 6) - woodone - 01-08-2010

You need to send these little people over to my place, I can give them room and board. They can just work on the railroad. I will be looking for them.

Re: A hole in the wall X4 - Underpass extension (page 7) - TrainNut - 01-10-2010

Been working on structures lately...
Maintenance facility...
On this one, I tried something different... I painted the whole thing a light grey primer and then colored it with a Tuscan Red Prismacolor pencil. I then weathered it with black and grey chalk. I even grimied up the windows to make them hard to see through... black chalk.
[Image: January10026lowres.jpg]

Next up is the passenger station and matching freight house...
[Image: January10028lowres.jpg]

[Image: January10030lowres.jpg]

Before those, I put together a structure I will use in my gravel/quarry scene. It still needs a lot of finishing touches.
[Image: January10033lowres.jpg]

I was in the hobby shop in Tucson a while back and came across this instant building. Had to have it.
[Image: January10035lowres.jpg]

More to come.... I think I will start on the roundhouse next...
[Image: January10036lowres.jpg]