SO...How Many Hot Wheels Do You Have? - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Lower Berth (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Thread: SO...How Many Hot Wheels Do You Have? (/showthread.php?tid=1477)

Pages: 1 2

SO...How Many Hot Wheels Do You Have? - eightyeightfan1 - 07-12-2009

Ok...I am also a member of a die cast collecting forum. They are having a "Show Us Your Hot Wheels Collection" contest, sponsered by the owner of the forum. There were a couple of nice collections. But this guy....over 6,500!(he said he that was his last count....15 years ago)
Well....look for yourself. I did get permission to repost these here, and this is just a teaser...He had some ON THE CEILING!
Guess my 800 Nascar pieces are just a drop in the bucket.......

Re: SO...How Many Hot Wheels Do You Have? - TrainNut - 07-12-2009

I've got quite a few left over from earlier days but they are of little or no value I guess as they've all been "played with."

Re: SO...How Many Hot Wheels Do You Have? - nachoman - 07-12-2009

Confusedhock:

whatever I have lest from my childhood are likely buried in my parents back yard.

Re: SO...How Many Hot Wheels Do You Have? - shaygetz - 07-12-2009

In the one shot he's got so many of the same vehicles...there can't be that many variants of a paint job, can there? Eek

I have 4...not even close. Thumbsup

Re: SO...How Many Hot Wheels Do You Have? - Sumpter250 - 07-12-2009

6500!. . . that's about 610 pounds of "Hotwheels" !! That's almost more "wheels" than I have on locos and rolling stock combined!

Re: SO...How Many Hot Wheels Do You Have? - TCWORLD - 07-12-2009

I Win!! I have 0 Nope Misngth

Re: SO...How Many Hot Wheels Do You Have? - Puddlejumper - 07-12-2009

None. Goldth But I do have a bunch of Nascar, I think they are Winner's Circle? And some of those are of no value because I carefully removed them from the package, modified them to match specific schemes (like when Kasey Kahne ran the Mountain Dew scheme- all green with green wheels- but after the first tire change the green wheels were swapped out for red ones) and sealed them back into their packages so they looked to be manufactured that way.

I guess that makes them worthless anyway...

Dave

Re: SO...How Many Hot Wheels Do You Have? - eightyeightfan1 - 07-12-2009

Sumpter250 Wrote:6500!. . . that's about 610 pounds of "Hotwheels" !! That's almost more "wheels" than I have on locos and rolling stock combined!
Almost?

Re: SO...How Many Hot Wheels Do You Have? - Trucklover - 07-12-2009

Eek thats one heck of a collection 88!!

I dont know though, my uncle and grandma might have you beet. My uncle has about 20 cases that hold 100 hotwheels each (new in packages) and my grandma has some different bins that hold almost 150 each, i dont remmeber how many of those there are, but i know there are more then 10 of those.... LOL. My uncle has alot of the Treasure Hunts. They both were on a Hot Wheels rush a couple years ago, i cant say i wasnt part of it because i was the one that sorted them and put them all in the bins LOL

Right now, all the bins are sitting in the rafters in my grandparents 6 car garage Icon_lol

My uncle stopped collecting, and so did my grandma for the most part, now she only buys the ones that she really likes, way to much money spent on them LOL. Makes me wonder how much money we could get back out of the collection....

Re: SO...How Many Hot Wheels Do You Have? - upnick - 07-12-2009

Trucklover Wrote:Right now, all the bins are sitting in the rafters in my grandparents 6 car garage Icon_lol

Hi Josh,

You know what to do now clear the rafters in such a big area and construct a railroad up there Goldth ...... six car garage can be huge as i know how big some cars are over there Eek Icon_lol Goldth

Re: SO...How Many Hot Wheels Do You Have? - ngauger - 07-12-2009

I own about 40 - but these 2 are the only ones that are onm display....

Couldn't tell you why I chose these 2..... Nope Nope Nope Icon_lol Icon_lol

Ed: Is that guy from PA????? I know 2 guys that have similar displays, one has the track on the c eiling just like that in the pics.....

Re: SO...How Many Hot Wheels Do You Have? - tomustang - 07-12-2009

All those unplayed toys :cry:

tomustang Wrote:All those unplayed toys :cry:
Yes - Unplayed, no scratches - No packages either!! 24 Goldth

Re: SO...How Many Hot Wheels Do You Have? - eightyeightfan1 - 07-12-2009

ngauger Wrote:I own about 40 - but these 2 are the only ones that are onm display....

Couldn't tell you why I chose these 2..... Nope Nope Nope Icon_lol Icon_lol

Ed: Is that guy from PA????? I know 2 guys that have similar displays, one has the track on the c eiling just like that in the pics.....

California...
He told me he's been collecting since 1968.
I was playing with mine in the sandbox back then.

Yup - 'bout the same story for me Smile Smile