Foreign layouts? - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: Mainline (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: HO Modeling (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Foreign layouts? (/showthread.php?tid=2376)

Pages: 1 2

Foreign layouts? - andersley - 02-17-2010

Just wondering if it is ok to post foreign (non-North American) layouts in this section?

My model railway is of Slovenian prototype.

Re: Foreign layouts? - Ralph - 02-17-2010

Your photos would be most welcome Alan!!! I'm looking forward to seeing them! Thumbsup
Ralph

Re: Foreign layouts? - Puddlejumper - 02-17-2010

Most definitely!!! Post away!

Re: Foreign layouts? - Fluesheet - 02-17-2010

I'm certainly interested. I've become much more interested in European railroads since having made a recent trip to Germany and Czech Republic.

(especially if it's steam! Misngth )

Re: Foreign layouts? - andersley - 02-17-2010

My layout is current era (mainly electric with overhead catenary - plus diesels) but I have steam locos and steam-era wagohns so I can back-date when the mood takes me. Wink

Re: Foreign layouts? - cn nutbar - 02-17-2010

Alan---your contributions have just raised Big Blue to a "World Class" level Thumbsup

Re: Foreign layouts? - faraway - 02-17-2010

Alan, that is a great layout! You found a very good balance between open space and tracks.
It looks familiar to my German eyes Thumbsup

Re: Foreign layouts? - nachoman - 02-17-2010

Wow! you have a great website, and a great layout.

Re: Foreign layouts? - Puddlejumper - 02-17-2010

:jawdrop: WOW! Your layout is very nice and your rolling stock as well! I particularly like the Class 362 locomotive. Very well done!

Dave

Re: Foreign layouts? - foulrift - 02-17-2010

Alan-Very nice work indeed. I especially like the over head electric wires.
Bob

Re: Foreign layouts? - tetters - 02-17-2010

Very nice indeed and welcome to Big Blue. Thumbsup

Re: Foreign layouts? - andersley - 02-17-2010

Thanks for the welcome everyone - you are a very friendly bunch! Goldth

I used to be a member of The Gauge some time ago, and found my way back here in a round about way - via a chance comment on Facebook! I was on way too many forums a year or two ago when I was manufacturing US N scale freightcars (AC Models- later Alan Curtis Models). Since retirement 2 years ago I now have more time to spend on forums, model and real railways. 8-)

Re: Foreign layouts? - andersley - 02-03-2011

In response to a private message just received, an update.

My lack of posting is due to the fact that we recently moved from England to live in Slovenia. We are renovating a house, which takes up a lot of time - I have not even ventured out to photograph the local trains. Eek

The layout was completely dismantled for the move, but all structures, etc. will be reused on a new layout, (bigger than previous one) Wink

I will look out some pictures to post in the meantime.

Re: Foreign layouts? - WT fan - 02-03-2011

I've started in 1987 building my station "Naumburg", following the prototype.

[Image: naubfkl.jpg] [Image: P5310002kl.jpg]

It's a FREMOdul, about 40 cm wide and 5 m long. I'M traveling with this module to meetings.

Wolfgang

Re: Foreign layouts? - andersley - 02-03-2011

Wolfgang, super modelling! I looked at your website to see more pictures of Naumberg, and would love to see a lot more. Thumbsup