Kitbashing? - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Upper Berth (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Kitbashing? (/showthread.php?tid=238)

Pages: 1 2

Re: Kitbashing? - Dave Harris sctchbld - 12-20-2008

Last time I looked ( about an hour ago) the forum said "Scratchbuilding & Kitbashing" --- sounds pretty well covered to me.
Only thing I would add to the title is "It's gotta have some SOLDER SOMEWHERE"!!

Re: Kitbashing? - ezdays - 12-21-2008

Dave Harris sctchbld Wrote:Last time I looked ( about an hour ago) the forum said "Scratchbuilding & Kitbashing" --- sounds pretty well covered to me.
Only thing I would add to the title is "It's gotta have some SOLDER SOMEWHERE"!!
Kinda hard to solder plastic, but we can try anything once. Eek

Re: Kitbashing? - eightyeightfan1 - 12-21-2008

My favorite term:Scratchbashing,
The about covers eeverything.

Re: Kitbashing? - ezdays - 12-21-2008

eightyeightfan1 Wrote:My favorite term:Scratchbashing,
The about covers eeverything.
I do that when I do my woodworking, scratching my arms and bashing my fingers. Eek

Re: Kitbashing? - eightyeightfan1 - 12-21-2008

Me too!
Scratch the nice paint job...Then bash the project with a hammer!

Re: Kitbashing? - Sumpter250 - 12-21-2008

Quote:Kinda hard to solder plastic, but we can try anything once.

Actually............. I had an eccentric crank, made of Delrin, that had been broken, when someone picked up the loco, with a little too much....gusto? yeah that'll work.
Even the glue that was supposed to hold Delrin, wouldn't hold, so, I took a bit of Delrin sprue, and used it to "solder" the two pieces of the crank back together.
The repair has lasted for about three years now.

Re: Kitbashing? - HO King - 12-21-2008

Scratchbuilding in one hand Kitbashing in the other . Really no differance ?
Maybe ? 35 35 35

Re: Kitbashing? - HO King - 12-21-2008

Sumpter250 Wrote:

Actually............. I had an eccentric crank, made of Delrin, that had been broken, when someone picked up the loco, with a little too much....gusto? yeah that'll work.
Even the glue that was supposed to hold Delrin, wouldn't hold, so, I took a bit of Delrin sprue, and used it to "solder" the two pieces of the crank back together.
In model railroading the old boyscout moto works everytime.
No not always be prepared. IIIIIMMMMPPPRRROOOOVVVVIIIISSSEEEE. Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup

Re: Kitbashing? - nkp_174 - 12-21-2008

Sumpter250 Wrote:

Worship

Re: Kitbashing? - Bob C - 12-25-2008

Gee, I've been called an eccentric crank...can you fix ME ???

Sorry - had to say that ! :oops: Bob C

Re: Kitbashing? - ocalicreek - 12-25-2008

Art Curren, the doyen of kitbashing, really wished it had been called 'kit mingling' or something other than 'bashing'. I'm not that picky (and have rarely been moved to actually BASH, physically or verbally, any of my kits.)

Thanks for the name change on the forum...WOW...responsive moderators! Big Grin

See you around the forum.

Galen

Re: Kitbashing? - Sumpter250 - 12-26-2008

Quote:Thanks for the name change on the forum...WOW...responsive moderators!
Responsiveness, is one of the reasons "big Blue" got "reborn". We hope to keep this place responsive.

Quote:Gee, I've been called an eccentric crank...can you fix ME ???

Absolutely Bob C!....but if I do, you will have to work.....forever! Icon_twisted :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: