Good things come in narrow packages - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: Branchline (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Forum: Layouts (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+--- Thread: Good things come in narrow packages (/showthread.php?tid=297)

Re: Good things come in narrow packages - Jesso - 03-13-2010

Looks very good! Thumbsup

Re: Good things come in narrow packages - Sumpter250 - 03-14-2010

That does look good!
With the fullness of the tree hiding the upper back part of the building, it would be easier to backdrop paint a continuation of the end of the building.
Or.... Stick a pine tree out close to the track, in a position to block the view of the back corner of the building (in your last picture, but kind of like this)     , and you might even be able to get away with no backdrop painting.
Big Grin That's what I would do, I'm surely no artist Nope where painting is the medium. :cry: I am slowly learning how to use things like photoshop, to "visualize", like cloning your tree over to the approximate position :mrgreen:
Oh, before I forget to mention, very nice trees! Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup

Re: Good things come in narrow packages - ocalicreek - 03-14-2010

Cheers

Another thought; put a vehicle in that driveway. A couple of workers chatting or having a smoke with the driver under the shade of the trees might make a nice scene. The vehicle and people might draw attention away from the backdrop/building edge.

So are you operating on this layout yet?

Galen

Re: Good things come in narrow packages - Sumpter250 - 03-15-2010

Cheers

A simple diversion, rather than blocking the view......and a far more interesting scene! Good call!

Re: Good things come in narrow packages - Steve - 04-17-2010

Busy....busy....busy...............I have been busy...............goofing off! Goldth

I like the idea of the guys hanging out under the shade.......I will get on that....eventually Wink  Thumbsup

Signage

[Image: Naio6K.jpg]

Castillo Cold Storage was named after a member here on this forum (like Gallimore Coal was).
"Steamtrains"/Gus......You have been a friend on this, and the former site, just about from the moment I joined. Your encouragement and enthusiasm have always made me want to do better and consistantly try to improve my work. I can think of no finer gentleman on these boards (or anywhere else for that matter) than you.......And your modeling is as excellent as your character Thumbsup  Thumbsup  Thumbsup  Thumbsup  Thumbsup

Thank you Gus! Wink

I have added a few details to the scene
[Image: zkZmeL.jpg]

I need to choose the next couple of structures coming up and also make my way to the river. I have spread the dirt on the banks already and just need to glue it down. If the weather wasn't so nice I might have gotten it done already....hard to stay in the basement when the warmer weather finally arrives :oops:  Wink

Re: Good things come in narrow packages - ocalicreek - 04-17-2010

Quote:If the weather wasn't so nice I might have gotten it done already....hard to stay in the basement when the warmer weather finally arrives

I hear that! Perhaps I should start a garden blog...

Nice font & great selection for the sign! Thumbsup Cheers

Galen

Re: Good things come in narrow packages - Gary S - 04-17-2010

Woah, this is one beautiful scene! I love it!

Steve Wrote:[Image: Castillosignage0122small.jpg]

Re: Good things come in narrow packages - Steamtrains - 04-17-2010

Steve....Though your kind words are much undeserved, I consider it an honor to be in some way "involved" in your layout, that is slowly, but surely, on its way to becoming a classic on this forum. I can only hope to meagerly match your work, and your spirit. Thanks buddy.... Thumbsup

Re: Good things come in narrow packages - Ralph - 04-17-2010

Steve, that looks SO GOOD!
Ralph

Re: Good things come in narrow packages - steinjr - 04-17-2010

That looks great!

Smile,
Stein

Re: Good things come in narrow packages - Steve - 04-18-2010

Thank you guys! Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
I have never really detailed scenes before and this is only really partially done, but even a few details really help the overall effect.

Gus, you have been involved on this, and all of my projects! Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
Thank you

Re: Good things come in narrow packages - Gary S - 04-18-2010

Keep going, Steve! As i said before, I will be using your ideas on my own layout. Also I want to say that it is great that you found inspiration here on the forum, and the comraderie that you have found is something to be treasured.

Re: Good things come in narrow packages - tsby_fan - 04-18-2010

[album]684[/album]

[album]685[/album]

[album]686[/album]

WOW! Amazing rivers!! I love it!
Al Thumbsup

Re: Good things come in narrow packages - Steve - 04-18-2010

Al, you are right.........Wayne does amazing work Thumbsup .............I assume you posted this here by accident Wink

*****************************EDIT***************************

Al....I forgot that Wayne posted those shots on here....over a year ago :oops:
My apologies Wink

Re: Good things come in narrow packages - doctorwayne - 04-18-2010

Yeah, Al, you had me going back through this thread in a search for the spot where I had posted those pictures. 35
Nevertheless, thanks for the kind words. Goldth

Wayne