Gary S' 2010 Summer Challenge - Bridge - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: Photographer's right of way (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Forum: Contests & Challenges (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Gary S' 2010 Summer Challenge - Bridge (/showthread.php?tid=2976)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Re: Gary S' 2010 Summer Challenge - Bridge - Herc Driver - 08-30-2010

I can't say enough about how great that bridge looks. Really a great job! Cheers

Re: Gary S' 2010 Summer Challenge - Bridge - Gary S - 08-30-2010

Thanks Herc, I appreciate that. Smile

Re: Gary S' 2010 Summer Challenge - Bridge - Ralph - 08-30-2010

Absolutely wonderful! Its been a pleasure watching this fine model take shape.
Ralph

Re: Gary S' 2010 Summer Challenge - Bridge - Gary S - 08-30-2010

Thank you Ralph. It was fun building it and taking the photos to share with Big Blue.

Re: Gary S' 2010 Summer Challenge - Bridge - Gary S - 08-31-2010

Was messing around with Bing Maps and found this. Thought I would post it along with a bridge pic just to see how it matches up.

I will be adding one of the road bridges to the layout at a later date. You can see that I did compress the angled top sections of the slab - the distance between the rail bridge and road bridge will be less than the distance on the prototype. It has been discussed before, but BingMaps is a great modeling tool.

Re: Gary S' 2010 Summer Challenge - Bridge - Gary S - 09-09-2010

Well, since the challenge is over, just thought I would bump my entry up, and add some of the "finished" photos to the last page of the thread-

Re: Gary S' 2010 Summer Challenge - Bridge - P5se Camelback - 09-10-2010

AB-SO-TIVELY,

POS-I-LUTELY,

BEAU-TI-OUS!!!

:mrgreen:

Re: Gary S' 2010 Summer Challenge - Bridge - tetters - 09-10-2010

Holy S---!!!!

That is awesome!

Worship

Re: Gary S' 2010 Summer Challenge - Bridge - Steve - 09-18-2010

I am speechless (which doesn't happen often.....if ever Goldth )

SWEET!!!

Re: Gary S' 2010 Summer Challenge - Bridge - Gary S - 09-18-2010

Thanks Steve, that is appreciated, especially coming from a guy who does such terrific work. Smile Andthanks for taking a peek at the bridge!

Re: Gary S' 2010 Summer Challenge - Bridge - mountaingoatgreg - 09-21-2010

Gary,

As always I am truly impressed...I would say more but the words escape me!!

Re: Gary S' 2010 Summer Challenge - Bridge - BR60103 - 09-21-2010

Gary:
How portable is that section? I think you could come up with a respectable showing in an NMRA contest, especially as you have a lot of documentation.
The water in the last few photos looks very realistic, but not inviting!

Re: Gary S' 2010 Summer Challenge - Bridge - Gary S - 09-21-2010

It's funny David, starting off in the hobby, never even considered entering any competitions, but now that I have done a couple here at Big Blue, the fear factor has diminished. As for portability, the shelf is 2 feet wide, and it would be possible to cut out this section. But honestly, I really doubt i would ever do that! Too much other stuff to do! But I do appreciate your confidence. Smile

In Houston, we do have a Fall layout tour. I didn't get on it this year as I still have much to be done, but for sure, I'll have visitors next year.