What are your other hobbies? - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Lower Berth (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Thread: What are your other hobbies? (/showthread.php?tid=447)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

What are your other hobbies? - tomustang - 01-04-2009

Besides modeling HO Trains, I'm into cars. A lot more than my HO's. Power, handling, good looks as long as it hauls!

two of the biggest toys we got are the cobra and trans am:

[Image: DSC02051.jpg]
We did eventually sell the trans am, and probably sell the cobra soon to buy a C5 Z06 then add a mild cam and corsa cat-back to it.

Another is tools, can't live without them. They are the basis of my surrounding, love to tinker with anything mechanical, especially large/heavy equipment.

So, what are your other hobbies?

Re: What are your other hobbies? - LynnB - 01-04-2009

ahh is there any other hobby well other than RRing then riding the open road?
Cheers
[Image: img0322vu2.th.jpg]

Re: What are your other hobbies? - tomustang - 01-04-2009

wgrider Wrote:ahh is there any other hobby well other than RRing then riding the open road?
Cheers
[Image: img0322vu2.th.jpg]
Cheers

Cheers

Re: What are your other hobbies? - Russ Bellinis - 01-04-2009

Mine is a 1987 Trans Am. It was originally a 305 with 5 speed and a carburetor. I swapped in a 350, installed a tune port injection system, rewired it, and swapped out the non world class t-5 for a world class t-5 with 1le gears. It has 2 sets of sub-frame connectors. The Alstons stiffen the chassis, and the home made fabricated ones below the door sills give me a good jacking surface on both sides.

Re: What are your other hobbies? - conrailmike - 01-04-2009

Other hobbies include paintball and photography which is slowly becoming a second income.
H.S. Seniors and Weddings...
[Image: Proof29A.jpg]

[Image: Proof14B.jpg]

[Image: 20080823-IMG_0436A.jpg]

[Image: 20080823-IMG_0493ABC.jpg]

Re: What are your other hobbies? - LynnB - 01-04-2009

Hey Mike I bet your a real photoshop guru to go with that hobby.

Re: What are your other hobbies? - conrailmike - 01-04-2009

wgrider Wrote:Hey Mike I bet your a real photoshop guru to go with that hobby.

I know a few things but a "guru" I am not. I'm always amazed at the depths of that program and how far Adobe has taken it. Confusedhock:

Re: What are your other hobbies? - iis612 - 01-05-2009

Beleive it or not, I am an accomplished musician. I used to be the lead vocalist in a country band called "Northern Boy Blues". We did record an album, good luck finding one. I play guitar, and I LOVE hockey. I played for over 20 years.
I also like building model cars, but that has been long dormant. I am also a "Gearhead" at heart. I love classic power, and home made drag cars. Pro-street 1/4 milers. I have built and raced 10 so far. Not so much anymore, but I used to be a competetive pistol marksman.
I also write, even though I have horrible grammar. I have at least 10 completed screen plays and 5 novel manuscripts sitting around.

Matt

Re: What are your other hobbies? - Puddlejumper - 01-05-2009

I am building a 1979 Ford Bronco. In the shop right now for the Bronco is a 521 CID Ford with a fully manual, reverse pattern C-6 tranny, and NP203/205 double transfer case and one ton 8 lug axles. I am also working on restoring 3 tractors, a 1939 and a 1949 John Deere and a 1939 Oliver.

My inside hobby (besides model trains) I am learning to play the Resonator Guitar (aka Dobro) in a bluegrass style.

Dave

Re: What are your other hobbies? - nolatron - 01-05-2009

Also into R/C cars, though I consider Model Railroading my primary hobby as that's where most of my time and money go. Smile

Re: What are your other hobbies? - ngauger - 01-05-2009

Puddlejumper Wrote:I am building a 1979 Ford Bronco. In the shop right now for the Bronco is a 521 CID Ford with a fully manual, reverse pattern C-6 tranny, and NP203/205 double transfer case and one ton 8 lug axles. I am also working on restoring 3 tractors, a 1939 and a 1949 John Deere and a 1939 Oliver.

My inside hobby (besides model trains) I am learning to play the Resonator Guitar (aka Dobro) in a bluegrass style.

Dave
Ever hear of Bering Strait????? Had a Dobro player - really good band!!!

Re: What are your other hobbies? - ngauger - 01-05-2009

In no real order......

Photography, antique cars and Geocaching (google it) Big Grin

Re: What are your other hobbies? - ezdays - 01-05-2009

Writing seems to be my latest passion. I've been writing articles for two newspapers, The one in Tehachapi, CA is on trains (think: Tehachapi Loop), I've been doing that for about two years now. The second one is in Cincinnati, OH, and is all about how I view life in Arizona. I've been at this one for over six years.

My other hobbies are woodworking, electronics and let's not forget shooting trap and pistols.

Re: What are your other hobbies? - csiguy68 - 01-05-2009

i really like scuba diving. its one of the most relaxing sports i ever did. i also enjoy target shooting aas well and i plan on trying skydiving this year too.

todd

Re: What are your other hobbies? - LynnB - 01-05-2009

iis612 Wrote:Beleive it or not, I am an accomplished musician. I used to be the lead vocalist in a country band called "Northern Boy Blues". We did record an album, good luck finding one. I play guitar, and I LOVE hockey. I played for over 20 years.
I also like building model cars, but that has been long dormant. I am also a "Gearhead" at heart. I love classic power, and home made drag cars. Pro-street 1/4 milers. I have built and raced 10 so far.
I also write, even though I have horrible grammar. I have at least 10 completed screen plays and 5 novel manuscripts sitting around.

Matt
ya but can you whistle? Icon_lol