Norfolk Southern Heritage Fleet - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Real World (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: US Rails (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Norfolk Southern Heritage Fleet (/showthread.php?tid=4861)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

Re: Norfolk Southern Heritage Fleet - csiguy1970 - 09-21-2012

Here is the 1065 yesterday afternoon(9-20-12) leading an East bound coal train on the Conemaugh Line at Saltsburg,Pennsylvania.

todd

Re: Norfolk Southern Heritage Fleet - cn nutbar - 09-22-2012

Great shot Todd---you guys are so lucky to have all those beautiful heritage units

Re: Norfolk Southern Heritage Fleet - Steamtrains - 09-22-2012

cn nutbar Wrote:Great shot Todd---you guys are so lucky to have all those beautiful heritage units

Cheers ... Cheers

Re: Norfolk Southern Heritage Fleet - csiguy1970 - 09-22-2012

Thanks guys for the Kind words. Caught the the Mon unit (NS-8025) was just through here tonite around 7;20pm headed East on the Conemaug Line . However the lighting was not the best and the two photos i got did not turn out good at all.

Todd

Re: Norfolk Southern Heritage Fleet - LiveSteamer - 09-23-2012

Great pictures guys. Lately the PC unit has been on the trash trains and when I seen 64J with the units that were listed there was no PC unit. So they must have cut it out. I missed the 765 both times but there will be other times. I haven't been doing much railfanning as I fractured my right wrist and am limited to what I can and can't do. I'm in a half cast for a couple weeks and if I'm still in the pain I'm in I am to go back for an MRI. Hope everyone else is doing fine.

Matt

Re: Norfolk Southern Heritage Fleet - csiguy1970 - 10-05-2012

here is the LV unit headed East on the Conemaugh Line at Salina ,Pennsylvania on 10-3-12.

Todd

Re: Norfolk Southern Heritage Fleet - Charlie B - 10-05-2012

It doesn't count...it wasn't the lead unit. Icon_lol
Great catch Todd.

Re: Norfolk Southern Heritage Fleet - csiguy1970 - 10-05-2012

Icon_lol ill take them any way i can get them.

Todd

Re: Norfolk Southern Heritage Fleet - cn nutbar - 10-05-2012

Another beauty Todd Thumbsup Thanks for posting

Re: Norfolk Southern Heritage Fleet - LiveSteamer - 10-08-2012

The MGA-PC combo is on a 594 loading at Avonmore on the Conemaugh Line. It will go east towards Baltimore once it is finished.

Re: Norfolk Southern Heritage Fleet - e-paw - 10-08-2012

The original paint job on 8104 had a yellow edge around the LV herald,,a few friends of mine at the ARHS had to dig up a bunch of pictures to show NS the correct herald. Of you have a early pic with the yellow band, they are a rare version, It only carried that for a few weeks.

Re: Norfolk Southern Heritage Fleet - LiveSteamer - 10-09-2012

Well look at the NKP locomotive. They had to redo the numbers on it as they were not the right size. I managed to get a photo of it with the wrong sized numbers. NS should have taken their time with painting them. There was also a mistake on the Conrail locomotive as well. The PRR unit is incorrect as well. Pennsylvania and the numbers are in the wrong spot. Ah well they are still beautiful even with mistakes on them.

Re: Norfolk Southern Heritage Fleet - Charlie B - 10-09-2012

And if you want to complain all PRR freight units were Brunswick green. I am glad NS took the effort to do these units to celebrate. They are the prototype and if they want a pink PC unit they are theirs to paint. Whatyoudois sit back and enjoy them when you see them. After the fiasco we saw with the steam it will surprise me if they do the steam again. Nope
Charlie

Re: Norfolk Southern Heritage Fleet - FCIN - 10-09-2012

You also have to take into consideration that many of the paint schemes NS reproduced just don't work on today's motive power. The Southern being an excellent example. A paint scheme designed for E and F units just doesn't work on a ES44! I'd have preferred to see the original Tuxedo scheme (green/imitation silver/gold) that I remember so well, than what they did come up with, but still you can't fault them at all for doing this and I for one am quite pleased with the end results. So what if this is or that isn't 100% perfect - many of these locomotives are simply beautiful and it's much better than the stylized heritage units done by Uncle Pete, although many of them are truly beautiful too.

Re: Norfolk Southern Heritage Fleet - railohio - 10-09-2012

Charlie B Wrote:AThey are the prototype and if they want a pink PC unit they are theirs to paint.

Quoted for Truth.