The Mogollon Railroad - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: Branchline (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Forum: Layouts (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+--- Thread: The Mogollon Railroad (/showthread.php?tid=508)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Re: The Mogollon Railroad - nachoman - 06-09-2014

I added some fences around the schoolyard. The picket fence is from atlas, the chain link is window screen and brass wire.

Re: The Mogollon Railroad - Ralph - 06-09-2014

Looking good! I like the whole scene! Thumbsup

Re: The Mogollon Railroad - ray_m - 06-09-2014

Nice work Kevin. Thumbsup
The chain link fence looks great.

Thanks, guys. It's a crappy cell phone photo, but the chain link does look pretty good considering it's just parts from my scrap bin. I also made the rock cut using the aluminum foil method. It's acceptable, and looks much better than the tan latex paint hillside that was there before. I'm really working hard to get the last few "holes" on my layout finished so that I can take a photo in every direction without having unfinished work glare back at me.

Re: The Mogollon Railroad - ray_m - 06-09-2014

nachoman Wrote:I'm really working hard to get the last few "holes" on my layout finished so that I can take a photo in every direction without having unfinished work glare back at me.
I can relate to that. Icon_lol

Here's an interesting photo of the fences from another angle. I took the photo to show the fences and sidewalk, but it's a pretty interesting photo on its own.

Re: The Mogollon Railroad - faraway - 06-09-2014

nacho man Wrote:..... it's a pretty interesting photo on its own.
Yes indeed. It is very 3-dimensional without mountains but a village at a slope. A very unusual photo of layouts.

Re: The Mogollon Railroad - nachoman - 06-19-2014

Here's another fence to keep the cows off the tracks. I was originally going to make a barbed wire fence, but then I saw this Atlas split rail at the LHS. Looks okay with a little paint.

Re: The Mogollon Railroad - Tyson Rayles - 06-19-2014

Nice scene!

Re: The Mogollon Railroad - Ralph - 06-19-2014

I like the fence! Nice bushes and such in the cow pasture area too!

Re: The Mogollon Railroad - nachoman - 06-19-2014

Thanks, guys. I'm sure there are more detailed split rail fences on the HO market, or I could have scratchbuilt one out of some scrap wood, but I think I gave $5.95 at the LHS for the atlas fence and it certainly fits the bill. Looking at the photo, the water tower is also an Atlas kit. The caboose is a life-like trainset caboose I covered with wood siding. So all in all, the whole scene was made on a low budget Smile

Re: The Mogollon Railroad - nachoman - 06-25-2014

The details are starting to make the difference. Here's No. 2 switching the Joy's Camp yard. The service truck is a just-completed Woodland Scenics kit. This scene will look even better when I get the smelter complex completed.

Re: The Mogollon Railroad - nachoman - 07-08-2014

More details added - another fence and a new dump truck.

Re: The Mogollon Railroad - Tyson Rayles - 07-08-2014

Nice progress.

Re: The Mogollon Railroad - Steamtrains - 07-08-2014

nachoman Wrote:The details are starting to make the difference. Here's No. 2 switching the Joy's Camp yard. The service truck is a just-completed Woodland Scenics kit. This scene will look even better when I get the smelter complex completed.

I agree...Overall scenery sets the general "tone" of the railroad...But it's the "Look at this !!!" details that give it life...

TERRIFIC JOB..!! Thumbsup