The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 07-05-2013

Good morning all well almost noon Icon_lol

All excited for the new job starting on Monday 2285_

Waiting for the mail to arrive here not expecting much as most of the trains I have coming due are still in China 35 RMT and Atlas O seem to have production and delivery problems in China 24 It is to the point that I may stop buying collectors club cars and club special offers Curse I am waiting for 2 locomotives and a handfull of cars. I am still waiting for my 2011 Amtrak Beep loco and it is 2013 Nope there is no 2012 or 2013 club offering untill the 2011 club locos ship Shoot

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-05-2013

Days, if my layover was longer in Phoenix, I would pack you some .222, .223 and .243 in my bag. Going through afternoon of next Wed. on the way to LA.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-05-2013

Chief Eagles Wrote:Days, if my layover was longer in Phoenix, I would pack you some .222, .223 and .243 in my bag. Going through afternoon of next Wed. on the way to LA.

Thanks, but I'm only in need of .22, 9MM and 38 special. I doubt that you'd get through security anyway.... My son and a friend have .223's I'm sure they could use some....

We went out to the shooting area yesterday. It's in the desert on private land against a rather large hill called Flatiron Mountain. There was no one out there shooting yesterday but us. There was someone in a Jeep trying to make his way between our targets and our backdrop, 35 (just about 10 degrees more elevation and we would have gotten at least a few tires) Eek so I'm guessing either it's too hot for some, or they just don't have the ammo to shoot..

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-05-2013

Well computer-wise I got quite a bit done today. My old Apple IIe is completely refurbished and ready to rock and roll as it were. I also did some work on my mothers old IIe. I pitched the bad power supply and put in a good one. I used one of the disk drives and drive controller from mine to test it and it checks out. Now all I need for it is two disk drives and it's own drive controller and a CP/M card when I can find one.

I also worked on the layout a bit, moving things about so I can more easily get to the area that needs to worked on. I'll have to remove some scenery and plaster and it could get a bit messy.

Well it's time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1011768.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 07-06-2013

Morning all not a lot going on today. Got woke up by our kitten ( well shes about 10 months old) any way she was wailing thur the house as we haven't gotten her fixed yet and she's in heat so much for sleeping in lol but if I get up she gets on back of my desk chair crawls into a ball and goes to sleep I go back to bed and she starts wailing again lol I have to be up she is definitely my kitten as if I'm home she has to be near me.

Guess its time to make some breakfast. Then start fixing the layout where I some how must of hit track just before screwing down as I know I had it set so nothing hit then all of a sudden it started hitting each other so needed to fix seems a couple of curves where some how bumped and where to tight so took screws out tightened track back up and all is fine again oh well now need to re-cut the straight pieces that go between the 1/4 curves to make the 1/2 circle Sad Hope all have a good weekend will stop by again later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-06-2013

Good morning. It's 68° with 100% humidity. The high will be 92°.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg][Image: cond40.jpg]

This weekend I'm a year older. Fifty-three now. I suppose somewhere it all accounts for something. My birthday is tomorrow but my family and I are celebrating it today. We'll be celebrating my younger sisters birthday as well. She'll be fifty-one on Monday. My family is taking me out to dinner today at the Los Mayas Mexican restaurant in town. They know it's my favorite place. I don't think I'll be getting anything else done today.

[Image: DSCN4220.jpg]

[Image: P1011765.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 07-06-2013

Good morning all.

It is wet outside today, other than that it is a good weather day as there are no storms as of yet.

Been braking in a new pair of steel toed boots(required for the new job).

They are talking about passenger train service for Columbus Ohio again, topic comes up every few years. If they do go for it this time it will be a route going to Chicago. It sounds cool but I would have liked Cleveland to Columbus to Cincinnati better then all of Ohio's sports would have been easy to go to Icon_lol Most of the track is already in place and requires little work to be done and the convention center downtown has had a platform that is trackside from when it was built but has never been used Icon_lol and of course they say that job wise it would be the equivalent to several GM sized plants opening up. If all goes well with the plan Columbus may see passenger service in 5 to 10 years down the road Icon_lol

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-06-2013

Well, an early happy B'day RB, I love Mexican food as well, so I understand your passion. Enjoy your night out.... Thumbsup Thumbsup

Not much going on here, normally hot, around 107 today with a chance of rain. That means we either have a chance of a dust storm, followed by a sprinkling of rain, just a dust storm with no rain, or a real flood where the washes in the desert run like rivers and people try to cross them regardless of the warning signs being posted. 35 35 That's why we call it the "dumb motorist law". If you cross a posted wash when it's flooding and have to be rescued, you pay the cost. These washes are normally dry, and they frequently build roads crossing them. I could remember trying to get home when we lived in Wickenburg. There was a large wash behind our property that ran across the only road to our house, so I spent a few hours out in a Safeway parking lot until the water subsided. It was impressive though to see this river flowing from the desert runoff for maybe an hour or two, then disappear as quickly as it started. Our house was about 25' above the flood plain so we never had to worry about flooding. Nope

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 07-06-2013

Good Morning Blue
Jeffrey, Happy Birthday today and tomorrow.
The morning temp is 78 stuffy degrees. It's going into the 80s today.
Today will be a relaxing one as I have no plans to do anything and there is nothing new at the train store.
Sooo just relax and enjoy the weekend.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 07-06-2013

Does this pertain to "our" hobby????? Eek Goldth Goldth

Overheard something at a flea market this morning that made me think of this:

I'm 90% sure that the 10% will get me into trouble!

I had to share it here!!! Smile Smile

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-06-2013

Home from and the lake house again. Mowed when I got there and mowed just before I left. Wallbang So much water, humidity and heat. It grows over night. Garden jumping. Tomatoes, squash, zucchini, peppers and cucumbers [galore].

Days, tell your son to check Natchez Shooting Supply. Advertising .223 big sale [if there is a sale now on ammo].

Kev, just a little fresh air from the South for you to enjoy. Icon_lol

Later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-06-2013

Thanks all for the birthday wishes.

I had a very good meal tonight. I ordered a large fajita plate full of chicken, beef and shrimp. It's big enough that I had trouble getting through a third of it, but that was the idea. I brought the rest home and I can snack on it for a couple of days. I got quite a collection of cards and $93 which I already have plans for. Here are a few of the cards:

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 07-06-2013

ezdays Wrote:Our house was about 25' above the flood plain so we never had to worry about flooding. Nope
My father had a rule of thumb that your house should be 50' above the river.
But maybe that's only for Ontario.
I took Dayle over to a shower for my nephew's girlfriend. After I dropped her off she was told that the girl had gone into labour the night before. I'd arranged to meet her at my sister's (3+ hours later) and there were just a few of us sitting around waiting for news. Finally came, but sex was still being a secret. We went over and saw a cute little girl.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-07-2013

Good morning all. I hope everyone is having a nice weekend. We're looking at yet another high. Phoenix may have a record high of 113, but here in Surprise, we're only looking at 112. The record for Surprise is 117. Both the humidity and dew points are up, but still there's no rain in the forecast. That's typical for this time of the year. Forecast rain, and there's nothing, forecast 0% chance and we could have flooding. 35
BR60103 Wrote:
ezdays Wrote:Our house was about 25' above the flood plain so we never had to worry about flooding. Nope
My father had a rule of thumb that your house should be 50' above the river.
But maybe that's only for Ontario...
Remember, we're in the desert and even the rivers are dry most of the time. Sometimes people are driving across a dry wash or river and get hit with a wall of water, but usually not that deep. Still, it's enough to wash a car downstream. Our wash was a few hundred feet from the house and usually not more than a few feet deep. We would occasionally have water at the base of our hill when the water would find a different route, but nothing serious. Our biggest problem was to convince the mortgage company that we were not living in the flood plain. We needed to get a letter from the town building inspector so we didn't have to carry flood insurance.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-07-2013

Good morning. It's 76° with 96% humidity. The high will be 92°.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg][Image: cond50.jpg]

Looks like it could be a wet one. I don't think I'll be getting much done today. I may draw up some plans for the new park. It has to be bigger to have room for the track running across the lower part of it.

[Image: P1011585.jpg]