The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 12-26-2013

Good morning. It's 49° with 59% humidity. The high will be 56° and feel like 59°.
[Image: pcloudy-1.jpg]

No plans set in stone today. I'm going to make a copy of the SDFloppy II's SD card then work with the copy to figure out exactly how it works. Once I've done that I'll wipe the files from the copy and copy some floppy disks to it and see what it's storage capacity is.

Other than that I have no plans.

[Image: DSCN2265.jpg]

[Image: DSCN2256.jpg]

[Image: DSCN5872.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 12-26-2013

Running Bear Wrote:Good morning. It's 49° with 59% humidity. The high will be 56° and feel like 59°.
[Image: pcloudy-1.jpg]

No plans set in stone today. I'm going to make a copy of the SDFloppy II's SD card then work with the copy to figure out exactly how it works. Once I've done that I'll wipe the files from the copy and copy some floppy disks to it and see what it's storage capacity is.

Other than that I have no plans.

So you're going to copy the floppy after formatting the floppy, then format and analyze the Floppy, then re-copy the floppy info back to the original floppy, to see how big it is.....

I got it!!! Have fun!!!!! Goldth Misngth Goldth

......... Sorry - I just couldn't resist!! Eek Eek Nope Nope Goldth Goldth

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 12-26-2013

Well I've been studying the copy I made of the SDFloppy II SD card. It has sixteen directories, numbered 0 thru 9 (1-10) and A thru F (11-16). Each directory consists of one (1) .DLL file and one (1) .DSK file and can hold the equivalent of one 5.25" floppy diskette. So one SD card can comfortably hold the contents of sixteen 5.25" diskettes. Disk utility programs that do a sweep of the file table contained in the .DSK file can display a list of the files when the user (me) uses the Applesoft command 'CATALOG' (same as 'DIR' in MS-DOS). However programs that look for track $11 (track 17) specifically can't display a list of the files nor can they copy files to or from the SDFloppy II. Copy 2+ is one of these utilities. The DOS 3.3 programs of the 'SYSTEM MASTER' utilities can work with the files all day long with no problem and can copy to and from the SDFloppy II just as if it's an Apple Disk II disk drive. Copying a diskette to the SDFloppy II is slightly faster as there's no delay waiting for a disk drive to come up to speed and index to the proper physical location of a diskette. I say slightly because the Apple IIe's processor speed is only 1.023 MHz so it can send data through the drive interface only so fast and the speed of the interface is also very limited. It can also INITIALIZE (format) the allocated space in the directory just as if it's a 5.25" diskette. I'm finding it to be a handy little device.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-26-2013

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 36 this afternoon in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. Warm for two more days then it's gonna turn cold again on Sunday.

Had a really nice Christmas with younger son. Drove home yesterday through some light snow. Some places were a little slippery but no major problems.

All stay safe.

Tom

Yep. I've even made a format template of sixteen directories with the required DLL and DSK files and named them each with a number or letter. 0 thru 9 for the numbers and A thru F for the letters. Each has an allocated space equivalent to one 5.25" floppy diskette. When I get a new SD card I need only take a minute to copy the template onto it and it's ready to go. Creating the template. I used the //e format one of the directories on the SD card, renamed the DLL and DSK files in it BLANK.DLL and Blank.DSK, put the card in my SD card reader on my MS-DOS machine, copied the directory to my clipboard, created a directory on one of flash drives then pasted sixteen copies of the template directory into it and renamed them as I went. Seemed to be the fastest and easiest way to do it.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - yellowlynn - 12-26-2013

Yeah! And the same to you, buddy!!!

Lynn 790_smiley_picking_a_fight Cheers Shoot Cheers

Earlier today I made a template that would enable me to quickly copy sixteen blank directories to an SD card for use with my SDFloppy II disk drive emulator. I copied it to an SD card a little while ago. That took less than two minutes then put the card to the acid test. I copied an entire diskette to directory 0 without a problem then changed to directory 3 where I copied four files and did write protect tests on them, renamed them, locked them then unlocked them then deleted them. All went without a hitch. My template is a complete success! This is like you guys repairing an old favorite loco and having it pass all it's tests with flying colors.

Nothing additional to report. Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: DSCN2228.jpg]

[Image: DSCN2197.jpg]

[Image: DSCN5788.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 12-27-2013

Morning all. Sunny and warming. Off to the hunting camp. Back tomorrow night. Big conflict. My Cowgirls VS my Eagles. Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-27-2013

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 18 heading for sunny and 44. Looks to be a nice couple of days before going downhill again by Sunday.

Only item on the agenda for today is a trip to the gym.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 12-27-2013

Good morning all, by now we should all take comfort in knowing that Christmas is just about a full year away. We had a nice quiet Christmas and look forward to the same for New Years Eve and Day as well... It's time for all the bowl games through sometime at the end of next week. We have the Fiesta Bowl. Right now, temps are in the 40's for a low and up into the 70's for a high which should be good for most folks coming in from out-of-town. We have the Baylor Bears playing the UFC Knights, and I'm not sure where "out-of-town" for any of them. Anyway, they play in the University of Phoenix stadium (which incidentally has no sports teams of any kind), on New Years Day. Arizona State University (which has many, many sports teams) plays on Monday in the Holiday Bowl. Oh yeah, I just noticed that we also have the "Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl" in the Sun Devil Stadium this coming Saturday...

"Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl"?????? Geeze, give me a break, these corporate sponsors may make the bowl organizes more money, but I really think it is demeaning to the sport. There's the:
  • Chick-fil-a Bowl
    AutoZone Bowl
    Capitol One Bowl
    Outback Bowl
    Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl
    and the list goes on... and on....

Oh yeah, in case you were interested, the University of Phoenix is a world-wide mostly on-line for profit school and just has naming rights to the stadium where the Arizona Cardinals play. Yeah, you would think they had their own football team and all that. Nope

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 12-27-2013

Good Morning Blue
We have a cloudy sky and 31 degrees.
Next week we drop into the deep freeze.
We didn't really do much yesterday, just a few around the house things.
Decorations are still up as granny enjoys them and it's fine with me.
Another year is fading into the sunset... Sad
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 12-27-2013

Good morning all.

Sunny and cool out here, but have a dental appointment this noon.

Our local Big Lots store is closing all fifty % off, yesterday got a keyboard yellow keys and large print for $2.25 and two cans of spray paint one gray and one black $1.15 each. Plan on going back sometime after dental appointment to at least see what if anything is left. The excuses for closing is that they had too many loses due to shoplifting(I think that it is more likely due to Ollie's being too much competition next door to them). Big lots was my main source for canvas when I was painting, the next closest Big lots is in Grove City and then there is one way out on the East side of Columbus.

Got the latest NMRA issue yesterday, Have not had a chance to read it yet-still working on reading the OGR issue Icon_lol

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 12-27-2013

Good afternoon. It's 51° with 43% humidity. The high will be 58° and it is cloudy. Looks like maybe a 50% chance of rain Saturday.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg]

I haven't had any computer time today as I've been with my father while he was out running errands. Besides the usual stops at the post office and pharmacy we also went to Burger King for lunch. I tried the 'Angry Whopper' and I like it. From there we went to Wal-Mart to pick up some groceries and I got a new 8Gb SD card which I've already formatted and transferred my SDFloppy II template to it. It's already in the SDFloppy II drive emulator. So far I've copied my System Master diskette onto it so I can access the system utilities directly.

Well it's taken me about an hour to type up this post. I was interrupted by the Home Health nurse who checks up on my general health and looks after my remaining natural foot. She also checked my stump to make sure the prosthesis isn't doing anything bad to it. That all took about forty-five minutes.

[Image: PB140216.jpg]

[Image: DSCN2237.jpg]

[Image: DSCN5836.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 12-27-2013

Dental appointment went ok,

Went back to Big lots found a 1:43 Cadillac($2.50), A hand held shredder ($5.00), a canvas ($3.00), and a gift for next year($3.00). Will wait till next week and if they still have the large planters will get a bunch for tomato crop. They will be completely closed sometime in January Sad