The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 07-07-2013

Good Morning Blue
The temp is 74 stuffy degrees. Going into the 80s today.
Jeff it looks like you had a nice birthday party. Happy birthday.
We spent some time at #1 sons house yesterday afternoon. I showed them some of our club videos.
Then we got home just in time to watch a rain shower take care of the garden for me.
A fun chat with some of the guys last night.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-07-2013

Greetings, gang.

It's a sunny 82 degrees here this morning with an expected high near 90. Humidities and rain chances will increase through Wednesday.

The last of the visitors have departed. In-laws and sister-in-law and her husband are on their way back to Michigan. Right now my wife's cousin and his wife are here but have gone downtown for a few minutes.

Last night my daughter and her husband celebrated their 25th anniversary with a very nice party with lots of friends, food, and dancing. Everyone had a really good time.

I'm not sure what happened to "if you don't know how to use it don't touch it" or even "My house, my rules. Your house, your rules." Before they left, my in-laws managed to mess up my grandfather clock and my tv. The tv was so bad I wound up having to unplug the tv and the cable box and remove the batteries from the remote and start everything over from scratch. Nope Curse Fortunately the clock has a self adjustment feature and was able to reset itself. Once the chimes struck the hour all I had to do was stop it for an hour to get the chimes back in sequence.

RB - bleated birthday wishes to you and your sister.

On the agenda for the remainder of today is NOTHING!

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 07-07-2013

BR60103 Wrote:Finally came, but sex was still being a secret. We went over and saw a cute little girl.

Congrats!!

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 07-07-2013

Happy B-day RB

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 07-07-2013

Evening all not much got done today train wise as have been filling out a application for another position at work listed as tractor operator which also includes using riding mowers, push mowers, trimmers, edgers, clippers etc for lawn and plant care. If I get it it will be well worth it as it will be a large increase in pay. And that counts toward my retirement as they look at your last 3 years pay to determine what you get paid for retirement and I would probably stay at least the 3 years if not all the way to 65 which really would increase my retirement pay all depends on a lot of things going on right now.

Any way wanted to stop by and say hi hope all had a good weekend Talk to you all later

Best of Luck RT!!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Put a few finishing touches on the G scale floor loop - I wired the siding so it's useable now. Also installed an LED in the stop at the end of the line, so I can tell for sure that the siding has power Smile Smile So, the addition is complete and ready for my open house the First Sunday in November Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 07-07-2013

Nice m.o.w equipment on the siding Thumbsup

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tomorrow is the big day first day of the new job, kinda nervous but the first day is a lot of paperwork and training the shift is only seven and quarter hours long shift ends about 11:30 pm. 2285_ 2285_ 2285_
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will be giving another go at writing a model train related article (a freebie) for NYCSHS free downloadable PDF format magazine. The last time I submitted an article the magazine went under Eek I had some electronics tips that got published on Jameco's website so I am hoping for a second publishment even if it does not pay Icon_lol

Nothing new here train wise other than I ran a few trains for hour or two.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-07-2013

I was out of the house for a short time today enjoying some watermelon with the family. When I came back I found a mysterious box waiting for me. Mysterious in that there was no mailing label, no information of any kind on it and I had never seen it before. No trip wires, springs or switches of any kind were evident. Inside I found two Apple II compatible 5.25" Quentin disk drives and an Apple II drive controller with a note. It said simply 'I hope you can use these'. No idea whatsoever who left them. The drives required only minimal servicing and work perfectly. It took me about two minutes to install the controller in my mothers old IIe. Most of that time was spent getting it out of the closet and putting it back. So that's three more items scratched off the list of things to get. Now I just need a CP/M card for it. Nothing done on the layout today.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1011576.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - thetramp - 07-07-2013

AF350 - good luck on your new job tomorrow.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-07-2013

Evening. Went to early Church and Sunday School. Did some gardening. Then reclinerized. Got to get things rounded up here for my trip to that foreign country California. 357

BR, congrats.

RT, a raise?? That would be great. More SS $$$ so I will not worry about my SS checks. Big Grin Good luck old buddy. Thumbsup

Later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 07-07-2013

Mikey, Chief -- I had nothing to do with it. Wasn't even given the chance to offer advice which would have been ignored/

Had a friend over today, the one who helped with our move, first time since the move. He looked through our trip scrap/photo books ( not many do that) and we looked at the stick of slides that he'd had digitized.
I gave myself a good whack in the forehead on a shelf (somebody built a shelf with five sides and an angle that sticks out, at forehead level). After the cold pack treatment and the 2"x5" band-aid (well, you take the first one that'll cover the hole), I dug out a screwdriver and removed the shelf. Odd bit -- looked like it was made from a regular shelf and leftover strips from the cupboards. We now have a hole in the wall for a butterfly bolt and a white strip where the shelf was. Will have to get out the Pollyfilla and hope there's leftover paint to match.
There was a pro football game across the road today. The team from Hamilton has moved up to the university for this year. Our "Village" has had to put down the gates early to keep people from using us as a parking lot. Game started at 5:00 and so did the teeming rain. First time we've been able to monitor the very local weather by turning on the TV. Icon_lol

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-08-2013

Morning all. Tstorms all around. One thing we do not need right now is more rain. Farmers hurting from drowning crops. Off to follow-up to physical. Then getting ready for trip to CA. Have a great week. Later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 07-08-2013

Good Morning Blue
The temp is a stuffy 71 this morning.
A quick hello, some errands to run, then the day is mine.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 07-08-2013

Good morning folks

It was 74 F when I hit the roadways this morning. Our high will be 87 F. It is slightly cooler than it has been for the last few days.

It has been a while since I had a chance to post or even read the forums. I spent some time over the weekend trying to catch up on my forum reading. It has been busy with the kids and I hate to say I do not see any let up soon.

My son is getting ready to head to the Boy Scout Jamboree. He leaves next Monday. He has been attending meetings and a couple of camping trips to prepare for it over the last couple of months. In addition his troop is planning to return to Philmont in 2015 and he wants to go again. So, we attended a meeting on that and we will have a year’s worth of meetings and camping trips to prepare. He has been attending tennis camp for the last two weeks. He decided that he wants to go out for the boys tennis team in high school. He will practice with the girls’ team later this summer and in the fall. Apparently a good number of the boys do so. He really seems to be enjoying it.

The college search with my daughter has really heated up since school ended. She revisited one of the colleges she saw last year. Friday we have a visit and meeting with the volleyball coach with a school in Delaware. She has gotten several phone calls from coaches over the last few weeks. We are currently planning a trip to the Boston area to visit 4 schools in a couple of weeks. At the end of the month we will be heading up to central New York state to visit a few more. In between we have some visits to Pennsylvania and New Jersey schools to make. She attended a College Prospects Camp in California at the end of June. She did well and earned the Team Award. She talked to four or five caches afterwards. Later this week she has a clinic to attend. Her high school team is playing in a summer league and will be having their camp next week.

When we were out in western PA the weather was crazy. There were heavy rains with a lot of lightning. We stayed in Waynesburg, PA and had to drive to California, PA each day. My daughter stayed in the dorms. We had to deal with driving in the downpours and with flooded roads. Several houses got struck by lightning. According to my son the same thing was going on at home. On the drive home we encountered heavy rain on I-81. It was bad enough I got off the Interstate and took US 30 home. I did not want to deal with the trucks and the heavy rain in the dark on the interstate.

With all this going on there has been no time for any modeling. Maybe when the summer is over there will be some time.

I hope everybody has a good day.