The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 12-31-2013

RB:
I don't know if this is what you want, but I have a little plastic case that holds 10 SD cards. Like a pill dispenser, but flatter.
I bought mine from a Canadian photo chain, but the address is pioneer <at> PioneerPhotoAlbums <dot> com

Edit: I just tried the site and it's OOC.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 12-31-2013

That sounds like the kind of thing I'm looking for.

Well we had some fire dept action here tonight after a mortar round went wild and set fire to a huge stand of pampas grass. It was a pretty tall fire, easily topping one hundred feet! My niece, her husband and some of their friends had to have their fun. The stand of pampas grass WAS about twenty feet high and about one hundred feet long. Didn't take long for it to burn down. They discovered an old school desk in the ashes. No telling how long it had been there. I can't remember ever seeing it down here before the grass grew up real thick so it may have been there for around thirty years.

I've been downloading Apple software ROM's onto an SD card today (sixteen at a time, the max) and then run them on the //e to see what I like. Whatever I want to keep that won't run well from the card (utilities usually) go on floppy's. I just copy them from the card to floppy diskettes. Other's I can run directly from the cards. I was at it most of the day and haven't started to put a dent in what I got in the mega-download last night.

Time to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1012527.jpg]

[Image: P1012516.jpg]

[Image: DSCN5927.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 12-31-2013

It's 11:20 here. No more fires in the back yard though folks are still setting off fireworks back there. I'm having to type this one handed as my fathers little poodle has decided my left arm is the safest place to be. Poor thing is scared half out of her mind by all that racket.

Bought more computer equipment today. An Apricorn 64k memory card. It's a strange looking thing. Instead of the usual 80-column card and memory card combined in one card this is a regular 1k 80-column card that has a 64k memory card attached to it. It's the only one I've seen like that. It's guaranteed to work so I grabbed it. I also picked up a working Disk II floppy disk drive with a controller card included. And just for good measure I grabbed an enhanced Apple //e motherboard. It'll be going into my mothers old IIe and the old 'Revision A' motherboard in it now will be sent on it's way to the scrap pile where it should have been thirty years ago.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Green_Elite_Cab - 01-01-2014

Happy new year guys!

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-01-2014

Good New Year's Day to you all. I hope you all have a pleasant New Year's Eve. We went to bed early, as usual and the only folks that set off fireworks in our neighborhood did so around 9:00. They may have done more at Midnight, but we didn't hear them. I don't know about where you live, but it has been a practice the past few years for some people to fire their guns in the air at Midnight. I guess bullets are cheaper, or handier than fireworks. It got so bad in some places that the police have set up gunfire sensors there that can zero in on where a gunshot came from. There is no safe place to do this, sometimes the bullet can land a mile away with the same force that it left the gun at. Phoenix recently enacted a law that makes it a crime to shoot a gun into the air, and they do catch people doing it.

Anyway, I hope this new year brings peace, happiness, prosperity and good health to us all. Enjoy the bowl games over the next few days if that's what you like to do. Big Grin

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-01-2014

Greetings, gang.

Happy New Year to one and all!

The year is not starting well, weather-wise. Right now it's 0 headed for a high only 5 degrees north of that. Forecast for the next 7 days shows only Saturday' high to be above 20 degrees with most days only in the single digits with Monday's high at -5.

Nothing exciting happened around here on New Years Eve. My Fair Lady went to bed about 8 (her usual bedtime). I did make it past midnight but was reading a book and didn't even notice the entry into the new year.

Today's agenda will include college football at 11 on ESPN2 and whatever else I can dream up.

All stay safe and have a very happy New Year.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-01-2014

Happy new years all. Hope all have a healthy, prosperous and happy 2014. Hope to have more train time this year. Deer season over for me. Beautiful warm day. Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 01-01-2014

Good morning and happy new year.

Nothing special here not even pork and sauerkraut Popcornbeer

Cold and dry here.

Will know my work schedule Thursday or Friday for the next week.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 01-01-2014

Happy 2014
COLD.......11 degrees with a coating of fresh snow.
Tom it's going to be a long winter. Lower Mich. 10 day forecast is really cold.
I stayed up with Brutus and RT till 12:01 and then went to bed.
Rose bowl parade and football game will be my day.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Steamtrains - 01-01-2014

All you hobos have yourselves a fruitful New Year, and keep the fire going...!!!

Stay warm...Stay safe...And stay busy... Thumbsup

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 01-01-2014

Good morning. It's 48° with 94% humidity. The high will be 58° with a small chance of rain.
[Image: cond20.jpg]

Well last night and this morning I've been selecting software Roms to put on an SD card so I can check them on my //e and see which ones I want to keep. Those will be copied onto floppy disks and the rest will be cleared from the SD card when I place the next sixteen choices on it and so on. One thing for sure. I'll have to get more floppy disks.

Looked out at the back yard and the pampas grass sure looks thinner after last nights fire. I may go down there later and have a closer look. Preparations are being made for the New Years day meal. My sister is working on her part of it at her home, likewise for my niece. Nothing is being done here at present as my father is at work this morning. He'll get back to work on his part when he gets home. He got the black-eye peas, ham, bacon, sausage and whatever else he threw into the pot put together last night. He just has to cook it now.

[Image: P1012495.jpg]

[Image: P1012487.jpg]

[Image: DSCN5935.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 01-01-2014

Well happy New Years all Today so far took the tree down and vacuumed the train table from the pine needles from the tree. Not the most fun job but in all I enjoyed the look and being able to run trains under a Christmas tree again so it was all worth it. Might take the super O track up as the clips come up and you have to put them back on. might put either traditional O or go with O-32 gargraves track I think I have enough for a circle except 1 piece lol .

Not much else going on here. If I do I will keep enough super O to make a oval with 1 ea uncouple track and power piece

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-01-2014

sir james Wrote:Happy 2014
COLD.......11 degrees with a coating of fresh snow.
Tom it's going to be a long winter. Lower Mich. 10 day forecast is really cold.
I stayed up with Brutus and RT till 12:01 and then went to bed.
Rose bowl parade and football game will be my day.
S.J.

MUSH! MUSH!! Icon_lol

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Kev1340 - 01-01-2014

Happy New Year to all here at Blue Cheers

Heavy rain and gales here in the UK, so wife and I have been having a quiet day indoors, nursing hangovers and watching movies Goldth

Cheers,

Kev

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 01-01-2014

Well it is supposed to snow sometime between now and rush hour in the morning.

Will attempt to clean up work shop and take inventory on the projects in process and see what can be completed the most in the least amount of time. Anything involving paint well have to wait till spring and warm weather. My best bet would probably be to work on the kitbashed On30 stuff followed by building the last of the S gauge box car kits. Then try to get the 3D printed stuff figured out box car and Ruby Belle towboat. Somewhere also need to wiring up the layout as it is not wired permanently yet. At the tail end of the list of to do's is build my Sci-Fi kits. Scanning the articles from my magazine issues is an on going thing but I have just about caught up on that task.