The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 01-06-2014

Here Are some pics of what I got in today for the display layout.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 01-06-2014

Overnight snow, The Village plowed the street but left ridges along the driveways. I stuck a shovel in a couple of times and gave up. Walked down to where a neighbour was stuck on the ridge -- someone else picked his wife up and he finally got out, just as I was going to get a shovel.
We finally had our drive plowed about 2:00 or 3:00 and I went out for the papers.
We pulled a load of surplus carpet and linoleum out from the basement (left from previous owner). It'll be going to the dump tomorrow, if they're open. Also some curtains and possibly a curtain rod to the charity store. And some old radios. 2 curtain rods left, but they're almost 10' long and won't fit in the car.

It started snowing again this evening.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 01-06-2014

Well I received the new motherboard for my mothers old IIe this morning. It turned out to be a dud. I don't know if it was the rigors of being shipped or that it was wrapped in plastic cling wrap. Either way it didn't work. The seller was apologetic and refunded my money. I also got some disk drive parts and have made my second Lobo Drive operational. I now have a matched set! A memory card I ordered somehow ended up a post office in Columbia, Louisiana! That's way up in Caldwell Parish! It's being processed back through and should be here in a day or so.

The temp last night di indeed hit 19F. It's 22 now. The weather is talking about it getting down to 16 tonight. At least there's no rain forecast.

Nothing additional to report so I'll be calling it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P3272299.jpg]

[Image: P3272293.jpg]

[Image: DSCN5988.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-07-2014

Good night. 16 outside and windy. Sleep tight.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-07-2014

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and -2 outside my window this morning. There's no wind so no windchill. We may get some flurries later this morning.

First of 4 plumbers due to show up later this morning. Maybe we can finally get some estimates and get this water pipe project moving forward.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-07-2014

Good morning everyone, I hope you all are staying warm and safe during this weather crisis. Obviously, global warming is not an issue right now. Nope There's a research ship stranded in the ice and an ice breaker rescue vessel also trapped in the ice. We also have record below zero temps all over the country. The weather people are saying that this latest cold front is coming down from Canada, so you folks up there have to be experiencing the same bone-chilling temps. People are stuck in airports all over the country trying to get home I'm guessing because if you were stuck in an airport close to home, you'd go back for a few weeks until this all clears up.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 01-07-2014

Good morning. It's 18° with 91% humidity. The high will be 38° with clouds.
[Image: pcloudy-1.jpg]

Weather data shows that it did get down to 17° last night. I know there are much colder places in the country but here that's too darned cold.

No plans for today except to stay inside and stay warm. I was going over my upcoming appointments and I discovered there are two scheduled for Thursday morning, one in DeRidder and one in Leesville. There's a lot of me to go around but I still haven't mastered the trick of being in two places at once. Even Erik Weisz (Houdini) couldn't pull that one off. Being the appointment in DeRidder was set first and they're open only two days a week they get the nod. I'll call my doc's office in Leesville and reschedule the appointment I have with him.

I'm expecting a memory card for one of my Apple's to arrive today but it may not come until tomorrow or Thursday. Somehow or another it ended up at the post office in Columbia, Louisiana yesterday. That's up in Caldwell parish. Tracking showed that it was processed through.

[Image: P3262281.jpg]

[Image: P3252245.jpg]

The old 'A' motherboard that's STILL in my mother's old IIe. At least it works.
[Image: DSCN5970.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 01-07-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have a temp of minus 9, with sun.
The high for today will be zero if we are lucky.
I am hoping we can stay safe and warm as this kind of temp is cold even for where we live.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 01-07-2014

Uh-oh! Yeah, it's me. I'm back. The computer bug. Here to bug you some more.

The memory card I mentioned earlier has arrived. I tested it and it's fully operational. But it's the strangest setup for an extended 80 column card I've ever seen. For those who know about vintage Apple technology, it's a regular Apple 820-0066-A 1kb 80-column card that has a 64kb Apricorn 1400-15 add-on memory card piggy-backed on it. This is the first time I've held one of these much less seen one and I thought I'd seen it all when it comes to Apple II tech. But then again I've put together some Disk II disk drive variants the Lobo Drive techs probably hadn't thought of. An example of that are the two Lobo Drives I rebuilt. Both can run everything the Apple Disk II drives can including ProDOS. The out-of-the-box Lobo's can't do that.

[Image: DSCN5996.jpg]

[Image: DSCN5998.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-07-2014

Evening. Busy day for the Town. Station reported 9 this AM but their web site stated 11. Other TV station reported 12. High was 28. Did a 2 mile walk just before dark. It was cold to the face and hands [had gloves on]. Off to TV and Popcornbeer Later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chuck - 01-07-2014

No school again tomorrow! Winter hit western/central Michigan pretty hard. We have about 16-18" of snow and subzero temps. The back roads keep drifting over -- which is why schools are closed. Nothing like wading through deep snow when the neighbors don't shovel their sidewalks! Keep warm everyone!

Chuck

Nothing much to report today. I walked to the mailbox and back this morning, a distance of a little more than a hundred yards. There was very little discomfort. That's the farthest I've walked at one time since I went into the hospital back in August. My prosthetic leg is feeling more and more like a part of me rather than something that not too long ago felt like it was trying to eat my knee.

As I posted earlier I received the memory card I was waiting for. It's been tested and found to be in A-1 condition and is now installed in my //e. I also put the newest of my two Lobo Drives through some work today making a few copies of some system software. Rebuilding the board in it was fun. It was very dirty and in need of repair when I got it. Now it looks shiny and new and works flawlessly. With a bit of work both of the drives can do everything an Apple Disk II drive can do.

Nothing more to report. Time to call it a night so I'll see y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P3242240.jpg]

[Image: P3222197.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6013.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - zstripe - 01-08-2014

RB,
In my bestest' Walther Mathaeu voice, ''Holy moly'', ''look at all the crap, you got on that mother board''.
From,''Chiberia'' Chgo's new winter nickname. Cheers
Frank,zstripe

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 01-08-2014

Thank you, Frank.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 01-08-2014

Good morning. It's 32°F with 53% humidity. Cloudy with a high of 45°F.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg]

The low last night was a blazing 27° and it's gonna be a scorching 45° this afternoon. It only gets worse. Tomorrow will be in low 60's! Bacon and eggs frying on the sidewalk! [Image: ROTFLMAO.gif] Today is a nothing day. I have nothing planned and as far as I know there's nothing going on. I'm feeling a little fuzzy and lightheaded this morning. Perhaps wise to avoid working with anything complex, technical. Got a phone call after sign-off last night. Caller wanted to know how I modified my Lobo Drives to read ProDOS. I'm not telling. However it has nothing to do with the drive hardware. The solution is all in software. It works though it's a little slower.

[Image: P3202178.jpg]

[Image: P3162141.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6011.jpg]