The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 01-11-2014

Running Bear Wrote:
Sumpter250 Wrote:Eek Eek R.B.
A computer that's older than mine !!!!! Icon_twisted Icon_twisted 357 357
Yeah, I have three of them and all three work.

Big Grin Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Big Grin
I keep my oldest one for photo processing / reworking. I was using that one when I found The-Gauge, and became a member here, in 2002. As computers go, that one ( for me at least ) is a dinosaur ! 357

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 01-11-2014

[Image: 3fbbd4ef.gif]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 01-11-2014

Sumpter250 Wrote:Big Grin Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Big Grin
I keep my oldest one for photo processing / reworking. I was using that one when I found The-Gauge, and became a member here, in 2002. As computers go, that one ( for me at least ) is a dinosaur ! 357
This computer I'm using right now is about that old. I bought it back in late '02. I put it down here at my fathers place shortly after Katrina/Rita in case I needed it. It also was used by my mother for her genealogy research. She only researched our two families genealogy back to somewhere between the 5th century and the birth of Christ. I didn't think they had written records that far back. Anyway this old computer has been modified several times and has had the main board replaced when memory became hard to find. It has two 1GB DDR2 memory sticks and an Intel Celeron D dual-core processor. It's slow, much, much slower than My HP but it's getting the job done for now.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 01-11-2014

Good evening all,

Just keeping warm and dry.

KRM,

I drove my 2000 Trans Am Ram air in the snow a few years back, too much power and no traction Eek Nope on my street the snow had deep ruts from traffic and the car is low to the ground I could not get out of the ruts and ended up going around the block a few times, got tired of that and floored it to get into the drive way, It jumped out of the ruts and got into the drive way problem was it was the drive way next door Misngth Icon_lol the car went forward and sideways at the same time. Good thing the drive next door was empty Big Grin No damage to the car Smile

We are expecting rain tonight and into Sunday hope it is over before time to leave for work .

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-11-2014

Good evening all. Home for Big Rock show. Then Fire Department dinner. DAZ, I bought a new Savage bolt action rifle. SHHHH Don't want Wifey to hear. Icon_lol Going to try the new .17 Winchester Super Mag. Also ordered 5 boxes of ammo. Got a dealers' show price on all so saved below regular wholesale. Also, Pro Mariner was there showing off the newer Gen 3 Pro Sport chargers. Boss is sending me two new ones. Thumbsup

KEV, hang in there. I know you can figure out how to get the drive open. Hope the freeze thaws. We had big rain and tornado warning today. Passed north of us. Crazy weather.

Well, TV and caffeine free Diet Pepsi.

LATER.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 01-11-2014

Well I didn't find many of the TV programs I listed this morning but I did find a bunch of Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys mysteries, both from the early movies and the later TV series of both. I also more of the old U F O TV series shows including some I've never seen. I have my SD cards filled up with movies and there's a bunch of them on this hard drive.

Time to call it a night. I'll see y'all tomorrow.

[Image: DSCN5031.jpg]

[Image: DSCN3831.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6026.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-12-2014

Good morning everyone, hope your weekend is a pleasant one. I understand that some parts of the country are now getting floods and falling ice due to the weather now warming up. Is there any mercy for you folks? The TV news has been showing a ad that's on the side of a building in Chicago of a woman in a bathing suit laying in the Arizona sun. They've taken a large pair of flip-flops and put them beneath the sign, giving it a 3D look. They are saying that there's now a rise in the number of people booking flights from Chicago to Phoenix. It stands to reason that if you have the time and can afford do it, why not?

According to my new thermometer, the temp outside is 46 at around 6AM, but the weather channel says that it's 44. I'm sure they're getting their data from the NWS, but I haven't a clue where their equipment is located here in town. We are looking at a high in the 70's, not a record, but still not hard to take.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 01-12-2014

Good morning. It's 32° with 100% humidity. The high will be 69° and it will be sunny.
[Image: cond026.gif]

No plans for today other than to do a lot of nothing. I'll be watching some movies or maybe some 'American Gladiators'.

[Image: DSCN3839.jpg]

[Image: DSCN3813.jpg]

[Image: DSCN5988.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-12-2014

Morning all. Sunny and warm. Big storms went through. Blew down a whole set of townhouses under construction in west Raleigh. Framed and plywooded. Seems mighty unsteady to me.

Off to Sunday School. Then a wine and cheese thingy with local Legislative delegation this afternoon. Also a walk thingy with them on greenway. Seems my schedule is too crowded.

Have a great week.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 01-12-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have clouds and 34 degrees.
A friendly chat with some of the guys last night.
Last weeks big snows and -13 degrees has killed my spirit for winter completely.
I don't blame anyone with the time and money getting away from here, wish I could.
Those that live in nicer winter climates should not begrudge any one from wanting to get away from here.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 01-12-2014

Well I'm back in my home and I am working on getting things put away and situated. Right now there's a bunch of stuff in front of the door and even more on the bed. Two of the IIe's are in the closet as is one of the video monitors. The other (//e) is on the layout table but nothing's connected yet. The flat screen monitor/TV is also there as well as a small trash-80 monitor. That one will go in the closet for now. Be back later. Got lots to do.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 01-12-2014

Well its 59 right now suppose to get to 61 today. Got my ceiling loop/layout fixed so now its running again had a coupe of pieces of track to tight in a curve so it was making like dip there where they joined so the engines where jumping. Next is either finish the standard O layout or add more people to my NYC passenger cars. 3 have people 3 don't lol.

Hope all had a good weekend talk to you all later.

Taking a break from the job of getting everything sorted and in it's place. I've taken this opportunity to upload the MP4 files on my collection of SD cards and flash drives to my HP computer. What would've taken close to ten hours on my fathers computer took only twenty minutes on mine and that includes the time it took to change cards and copy and paste the files to my C> drive. The actual transfer probably took sixteen minutes at the most. As I've said before, this beast is fast! Only thing I don't like about it is it has Windows8 on it! YUCK! I've made a big dent in the pile of stuff on the bed. I can see most of the mattress now. I could only see the side of it earlier. I'm about halfway through the pile in front of the door. Most of that is food I had stored down at my fathers place. Speaking of my father, he turned up at my door bearing gifts. A 20-pack of Dr Pepper (19-pack now), a bag of onions, two loafs of bread, sandwich fixings, two big bags of Vienna sausage, a bag of canned chili, a 6-pack of paper towels and a 24-pack of toilet paper. I appreciate it but I wish he'd waited until tomorrow. It all just adds to the confusion here. Time to get back at it.

Boy I'm worn out. But I have enough put away so it's no longer denying me the use of my bed. I should be able to get some sleep tonight. Don't know when I'll be able to work on the layout. It's a wreck and there's a bunch of junk under it that has to be thrown out. Problem is somebody helped themselves to my trash cans while I was away. Looks like I'll need to get new ones.

My //e is definitely out of commission as shown below.
[Image: DSCN6047.jpg]

I should be able to get it up and running sometime during the week. Once that's done I can work on putting down some white foam on the area around it then run the track around behind it then come around it on the left then cross in front of it going back toward the central part of the layout so I have a run similar to what I had before it was ripped up. It will take quite a bit of time though. The flat screen TV/monitor is what make this plan work.

Time to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1010001-65.jpg]

[Image: DSCN5030.jpg]

[Image: DSCN4489.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 01-12-2014

Look what we're building now - a new car for the MF&W RR.
I guess I'll have to paint up some "gray" Civil War soldiers Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin