The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-12-2014

Good night all. 3 miles today. 2 before the Legislative reception and 1 at the reception. Legislatures walked with me. Also, have to get my "gym" stuff started. My Humana Health Care [State Health Plan] give me free gym services. Then I can do that on bad weather days.

Ngauger, do some dead blue ones too. Shoot Thumbsup

Dogs and cat out and in. Hear some coyotes a far off howling. Not many around here and they move all the time so not an usual sound here.

Sleep tight.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 01-12-2014

RB,

do you have a set of MSDS for those toxic materials(tobacco sauce, Loc-tight and what looks like a can of Dr pepper)? Icon_lol

Ngauger,

nice rail cannon.

Just got off work about an hour or so ago still wound up from about 7 hours on my feet.

Truck is up and running after having a battery replaced. Worked on car before going in to work no problems with the Trans Am just neglected stored in the garage during the winter months .

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 01-13-2014

AF350 Wrote:RB,

do you have a set of MSDS for those toxic materials(tobacco sauce, Loc-tight and what looks like a can of Dr pepper)? Icon_lol
Nope. I just use them and hope I don't need any medical help afterward.[Image: ROTFLMAO.gif]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 01-13-2014

Thanks AF Smile Smile

Chief: I don't have room for any boys in blue Sad But that' would be a neat idea Big Grin Big Grin

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-13-2014

Morning all. Shirt sleeve weather here. Going to do some outside stuff. Also carry new feeder to Main Street Park and activate. Sure nice to see the pretty weather. Will get a walk in sometime today.

Ngauger, I'm sure Kev would have room on his layout. Icon_twisted

Have a great week.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 01-13-2014

Good Morning Blue
It's 39 degrees and cloudy.
A lot of snow melt the last few days but about 2 inches of new suppose to fall sometime tomorrow.
My train friend stopped by this morning, he helped me do some things in the train room.
Nothing new from the store.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-13-2014

Good morning all, hope you had a great weekend. I missed just about all the football games the past two days, got to see probably the last 10 minutes of the 49's game and that was it. By the time I tuned into the Bronco's game they were into the "post game" thing where a bunch of old jocks get together to discuss how much they know about the game..... "saw that catch by that tight end, looked like the same play I saw back in October 24, 1998 in the second quarter when the Bears were on the ten-yard line against the Rams." Or, "yeah, the quarterback did that because he was thinking that if he (fill in the blanks)..." Somehow they can remember every play of every game every played in their lifetime and a few that happened before that. They also seem to have telekinetic abilities to be able to read the minds of every player on the field. Well, they get paid enough, so I image these are the things that they need to be able to do in order to keep their jobs. Icon_lol

No, I'm not anti-football. I just get tired of the antics by those multimillionaires when they actually do something that they're getting paid to do. :o

Today is suppose to get up into the 70's. We went shopping early this morning and it was chilly when we left, but didn't need jackets by the time we got back. Thumbsup

Chief Eagles Wrote:Ngauger, I'm sure Kev would have room on his layout. Icon_twisted
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Yeah - maybe Smile But he couldn't fit the 12" long G scale (1:20.3 gauge) car on it!!!!

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 01-13-2014

[Image: condmc-1.jpg] with a [Image: cond50.jpg]

Not much going on here. I'll probably put the //e back together today. Felt good to finally sleep in my own bed again.

Sounded like it rained most of the night last night. Temp now is 65°. Humidity is 89%. The high will be 67° and there's a fair chance of rain today.

[Image: DSCN6046.jpg]

[Image: DSCN4049.jpg]

[Image: DSCN4024.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-13-2014

Greetings, gang.

Right now it's sunny and 39. Time to get out the shorts and sandals! We've had a couple of nice days and all the ice is off the sidewalks and most of the snow is gone but I'm sure there's lots more to come over the next couple of months.

Called the plumber this morning to notify him he has the winning bid. My Fair Lady wants him to stop by as she has a few questions for him. When he was here last week he said he would be able to start in a couple of weeks. The longer this goes on the more nervous I get about another pipe starting to leak.

RB - Great news being back in your own place!

Got a couple of minor projects done around the house over the weekend. Also made a trip to Menards over the weekend. Went for three things but could only remember two. As we walked in the back door we went "Oh, yeah. That's what the other item was." We made a grocery run to Walmart this morning and also picked up some ice melt. Much needed in the shady parts of the sidewalk. Snow melts in the sun and runs into the shade where it refreezes.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 01-13-2014

I just read that ford is planning on making the bodies for F-150 2015 out of aluminum Eek I think I will hang on to the 2001 F-150 crew cab.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The activities for tonight is cleaning computer desk and then reading some train books I just got today there are 4 books all from across the pond but full of good to know tips and ideas.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ngauger does the rail cannon acutually work? There used to be a toy cannon that did not fire anything but made a loud bang not sure if they still make them.

Well back to work and then to bed as Tuesday I am working 1st shift.

AF350 Wrote:I just read that ford is planning on making the bodies for F-150 2015 out of aluminum Eek I think I will hang on to the 2001 F-150 crew cab.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ngauger does the rail cannon actually work? There used to be a toy cannon that did not fire anything but made a loud bang not sure if they still make them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It depends on how thick the aluminum will be Smile

Nope - the cannon doesn't fire. It's actually a Baldwin Lima Hamilton historical piece - dated 1905 - I just wanted a different way to showcase it. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chuck - 01-13-2014

Well, the results are in from the Lansing Model RR Show -- we had over 3000 paid adults come through the gate -- we estimate at least 4000 - 4500 total with kids. It was a great show! We had channel 6 and channel 10 do interviews (I was interviewed by Ch. 10), the Lansing State Journal, and the MSU newspaper. We had some great news coverage this time around. The dealers were pretty happy at the end of the day!

Chuck

Good evening. Outside it's 52. In here it's 70. It's supposed to get down to 38 tonight so I might want to turn the heater on low before I go to bed later. Been busy today putting stuff away. That's a bit hard as there's a lack of storage space. The closet is packed with computer equipment (15%), model train stuff (80%) and clothes (5%). Someday I'll have to go through the model train stuff and see what I can part with. There's quite a bit of stuff I haven't used in years and it's probably time to get rid of it. I spent twenty minutes putting the //e back together. I spent another ten minutes going over all the connections to make sure they were right. I turned it on and nothing happened. SAY WHAT!? I then traced the wires again and found the problem. HEY STUPID! IT HELPS IF YOU TURN THE SURGE PROTECTOR ON! Well, that was my day.

Time to call it a night and shut this mess down. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: DSCN3957.jpg]

Taken today:
[Image: DSCN6061.jpg]

Also taken today:
[Image: DSCN6054.jpg]

KRM Wrote:Ngauger, that is a fine looking car and G scale is a bit too big for me. Be careful you don't shoot your eye out!! Shoot 357
Icon_lol I have to be more careful that i don't drop it on my foot! Eek Goldth Goldth