The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 07-08-2013

Good morning all,

My shift starts at 4:00 Pm today, ready or not it will be an adventure for sure(more than likely paperwork and new hire orientation).

Looks like it had rained here a little as everything outside is wet.

Have a good day everyone. Cheers

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-08-2013

Good morning all, yeah, it's still morning here, even though it's past noon on the east coast, and probably pushing dark across the pond.

Good luck AF, it's always exciting to start a new job, but daunting as well since you usually don't know anyone or even know where the bathrooms are... Thumbsup Thumbsup

Temps here are still above normal, forecast calls for 112. Humidity is high, 24% and the dew point is 57 right now, ripe for a storm but nothing in the forecast until tomorrow. I'm always confused how they think they know. No rain today, rain tomorrow, none on Wed but 30% chance on Thursday. Maybe they need to update their forecast dartboard. Icon_lol

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-08-2013

Good morning. It's 84°, feels like 91° and the humidity is 69%. The high will be 92° and will probably feel like 106°.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg][Image: cond40.jpg]

Looks like it'll be a hot one today. Yesterdays mystery of the computer parts has been solved. They came from my neighbors father. I needed it, he didn't so his junk became my treasure.

Tomorrow my father and I will be heading to Oakdale in search of a doctor who can do something about this foot of mine for what Medicaid pays. No doctor here will touch it for anything less than having their mortgage paid off it seems.

[Image: P1011572.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-08-2013

Gotta be up at 5am and on the road to Oakdale no later than 7am tomorrow. My father4 and I are going to talk to a doctor there. Other doctors we've asked says he might be able to do something about this foot of mine, like make it go away. They say he can do it on what Medicaid pays. We'll see. If nothing else he may know someone who can do it on Medicaid. No way am I paying for somebodies mortgage!

In layout news, I looked at the park and took some measurements. Other than that there's no layout news.

In computer news, the power supply I put in my mothers old IIe is making clicking noises. Maybe that's OK, maybe not. Today I looked at a couple of power supplies online. One is used but is reported in good condition. The other is brand new. Never been out of the box. After comparing the prices with shipping included there was a difference of 89¢. I ordered the new one. For such a small difference might as well get the best. Total $63. Birthday money at work.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all next time.

Old all-metal kit-bashed Bachmann steamer.
[Image: DSCN2619.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 07-08-2013

Toronto got dumped on today. More rain in 2 hours that usually in the whole month ... 105mm or so (>4").
Roads with dips are flooded to the tops of cars. One GO line that goes up the side of a river is flooded -- looks like to the bottom of the windows on the double deckers (lower floor) -- reports from inside say 3' of water.
Subway is fragmented; power is out. Passengers are waiting for buses and complaining how few there are; where do they think they'll be coming from?

We're fine -- bit of water running down the streets.

Oh, the water flooding the roads is mixed with sewage, of course.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2013/07/08/environment_canada_issues_special_weather_statement_for_thunderstorms.html">http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2013/07 ... torms.html</a><!-- m -->

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - v8vega - 07-08-2013

Tue. 102 Wed. 98 Thur. 92
70 new Amtrak locomotives are being built by Seimens a German company in Sacramento Calif. They will be used in the northeast corridor.
31 million rode Amtrak in 2012 generating 2.02 billion. Amtrak will pay back a 406 million Federal loan for the locomotives in 25 years.
685 people arrested for DUI in LA county over the 4 day weekend.
Oregon is in the top 7 best states for controlling litter.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 07-08-2013

Well good morning all or good night as I will turn in shortly, typical first day at the job no major problems. Go back in at 4:00pm again.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-09-2013

Good morning all, I hope all is well with you. Good luck RB with your doctor visit today, let's hope he can do you some good.

Right now it's around 5:30 and 89 outside. We're looking at average temps of 107, but the forecast calls for lower temps and t'storms by Thursday. We're well into our "monsoon" season and all we've gotten are a few spots on our windshields. It's been about four months since we've seen any decent rain.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 07-09-2013

Good Morning Blue
A muggy 74 going into the 80s today.
Yeah we got dumped on too. 2 storms yesterday afternoon with way too much lightning. Downpours of rain.
It's going to be a busy day.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-09-2013

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 75 right now, giving way to sunny, humid, and 92 for a high this afternoon. We gathered a little less than a quarter inch of rain between last night and this morning.

Absolutely nothing accomplished yesterday. It was a national day of rest after the in-laws departed. Today's agenda will include a trip to the gym and a window shopping trip with the wife this afternoon.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-09-2013

Getting ready to fly to LA tomorrow AM. Need to mow. Grass is wet as still cloudy. May get more rain tonight. Wallbang Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-09-2013

Just got run off of the mower by rain. Wallbang Tried to wait for it to dry. 90% humidity and grass does not dry. Start packing. BTW: Days, got an hour lay over in Phoenix. Same plane and seat but refuel.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-09-2013

Good afternoon. It's 91° but feels like 94°. The humidity is 42%.
[Image: cond30.jpg]

Just got back from Oakdale a little while ago. The doctor we talked with says he's not qualified to do above ankle amputations but he knows a surgeon who is and he will do it on Medicaid. He set up an appointment for the 18th. He also checked out my left foot which has a couple small pressure ulcers and cut away some callouses around them then prescribed a strange wedge block type shoe that I'm having some difficulty getting used to. Curbs, steps and up ramps are the worst. We stopped at KFC on the way back. Senior citizen discount on the buffet. I was in the buffet line getting the items I wanted when the woman ahead of me suddenly took two quick steps back then reached across in front of me and pushed me back so she could get another roll. Probably the type that backs up in one way traffic to look at the sale items in the store window. I lost my balance and fell back and my tray went flying. I'm only sad it didn't hit her. The food could be replaced. I have to give it to the KFC employees. They were right there to handle the mess and were only too happy to help me with anything I needed. Meanwhile the woman said that it was my fault as I was in the way. She got some very dirty looks from all that had witnessed the incident, especially my step-mother. Oh boy. If looks could kill, well you know the rest of that. My father too was having some trouble keeping his temper about it. But anyway, I just said it was all right. Nobody got hurt. And we went on with our business at the buffet. KFC employees even took our trays to our table.

No plans for the rest of the day. I'll probably just lay back and watch a couple of movies.

[Image: P1011524.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-09-2013

Chief Eagles Wrote:Just got run off of the mower by rain. Wallbang Tried to wait for it to dry. 90% humidity and grass does not dry. Start packing. BTW: Days, got an hour lay over in Phoenix. Same plane and seat but refuel.

Just have the pilot tip his wings as he passes over our house. Then again, we may be a bit too far north for him to do that. If you plan on walking around the airport, I'd advise you to stay inside. Forecast for the airport tomorrow is 108 at mid-day with over 30% humidity. Maybe you could bring some of that rain with you.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-10-2013

Off to CA for a week. Have a good one.