The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 01-20-2014

Good Morning Blue
It was 30 degrees when we got up this morning.
Down to 20 now and will keep dropping through the day.
A busy weekend with the toy trains so I probably won't do much today.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 01-20-2014

Good morning. It's 42° with 98% humidity. The high will be 71° with a few clouds.
[Image: cond026.gif]

Today I'll probably start on clearing the parts of the layout that will be getting white foam put down. I've already come across some pieces of dried wall joint compound that seem to be hard as rock and will require a lot of effort to remove. For these areas it'll be much easier to remove part of the bottom of the foam to get a smooth top surface for the track. I'll also be looking through my junk boxes to see if I have the parts to build a drive for a Varney F3A. The resulting drive unit may be mostly Athearn or it may be one of my infamous Frankenstein creations.

[Image: DSCN3527.jpg]

[Image: DSCN3521.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6182.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-20-2014

Morning. Yes, its still morning. Had errands to run. Left truck at shop for new shocks [use to do that stuff myself, getting too old]. 130K and original shocks. Still OK but this will be better. Got Mayors' meeting tonight. Train Box in a few.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 01-20-2014

Good afternoon all,

Just killing time till time to go to work(2nd shift)

Another artic blast headed this way tonight with up to an inch of snow and temps in the teens. If things go right weather wise 2 more months of the cold stuff and then the tornado season will start up here.

I watched the Dukes of Hazard unrated DVD last night, funny but the TV series was much more family friendly.

Broke down and bought 3rd Planit cad software fun stuff so far but have not mastered the program yet did figure out how to draw a layout and test run a train on it 2285_ Still trying to figure out how to do the 3D object design part that I bought it for.

3D designing to 3D printing is still a possibility. If I go for it I will post here.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-20-2014

Daz, got my RCB press and electronic digital powder scales in place. Ready to reload.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 01-20-2014

Been doing a bit of work on the layout. Mostly clearing parts of the old roadbed. That wall joint compound dries rock hard and just about takes an act of congress to get it off the plywood. One thing I'm doing is seeing if I can run a twenty-five to thirty inch spur in behind the computer. The photo below isn't the greatest I know but it's the best I have. Just think of yourself as standing next to the main part of the layout looking south toward my kitchen. The west wall is to your right. In the bottom left of the photo you can see the turnout curving left toward the loop that goes past the front of the computer. The straight side of the turnout curves slightly right and goes straight in behind the computer at a slight angle. It only has two nine inch straights on it right now. The track you see next to the wall is the other end of the loop.

[Image: DSCN6194.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-20-2014

Chief Eagles Wrote:Daz, got my RCB press and electronic digital powder scales in place. Ready to reload.

Sometimes I wish that I was doing that, but I've never reloaded anything but shotshells. I had an eight-station progressive loader and it wasn't bad but after a while it wound up that, considering the bad loads, it was cheaper and quicker just to run over to Walmart or Cabela's and buy them. I'm guessing that it has to be easier to reload rifle or handgun rounds though considering that there is no BB drop or crimp stations to screw you up Icon_lol . I think if I didn't get tired of sweeping up lead shot and powder, I'd still be reloading. Let me know how it goes for you.

Well all I did on the layout today was place some track in certain locations to see if some certain plans were going to work out. Some did and some are gonna need some work. That however will have to wait until I have some white foam and some track. For now I do have a partial loop to test locos on.

The temp tonight will be 45. Guess I should enjoy it while I can. Tomorrow night will be 28.

All this working around the layout has me feeling tired so it's time to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: DSCN6200.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6206.jpg]

[Image: DSCN5733.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 01-20-2014

Good early morning all.

Snow did not show up today but it was plenty cold enough.

Was almost attacked by a group of Canadian geese at work today in the parking lot they were everywhere and so was their droppings man they make a big mess.

Took a brake from diet there for awhile but back up on the horse again hope to get down to 250 ish currently 289.

No plans for in the morning back to work 1st shift Thursday.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - zstripe - 01-21-2014

Have not said Boo! For awhile.
So ''Good Morning'' Blue, Little chilly in Chi-Town this morning 14, but what's new.
AF350,
You gotta' watch them, ''goose's'' Icon_lol
Frank,zstripe

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-21-2014

Morning. Sunny and temps dropping. Snow by 5 PM. A dusting to 2". Cold tomorrow and not to get above freezing. Out of Town meeting this AM. Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-21-2014

Greetings, gang.

-9 this morning. Sunday afternoon it was 55 and we were sitting on the front porch. That will not be happening again anytime soon.

Need to make a quick run to the grocery store this morning followed by a trip to the gym. This afternoon we'll be moving stuff in the basement n preparation for the plumbers tomorrow. All new water lines and a new drain stack. They are in for a busy day.

Good luck to those in the path of the next snowstorm. Sounds nasty with 6 inches of snow and high winds.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 01-21-2014

Good morning. It's 47° with 38% humidity. The high will be 53° with some clouds.
[Image: cond026.gif]

Nothing planned for today other than to watch some movies and do as little as possible. I'm pretty sore from all the twisting, turning and stretching I did yesterday. My right knee is sore as well where it was pressing against the socket of my prosthesis.

My nephew had said he was going to fix the backup lights on my van this past weekend. He was a no-show. No surprise there. Actually I would have been surprised if he had showed.

Yesterday when I was cleaning the wheels of one of my Athearn/Varney F3's I noticed it was throwing showers of sparks from a few of the axle bearings. I might tear down the trucks and give them a real good cleaning today.

[Image: DSCN3463.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6168-1.jpg]

[Image: DSCN5700.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-21-2014

FiatFan Wrote:Greetings, gang.

-9 this morning. Sunday afternoon it was 55 and we were sitting on the front porch. That will not be happening again anytime soon...

Tom

Brrr, and I thought that 47 was chilly. :? That's holding steady for the past few hours, but we are in store for a possible record high of 79 for today. it's not bragging, it's just the facts.... OK, so it's bragging a bit, but that's what we do here during this time of the year..... 2285_

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 01-21-2014

Good almost noon all,

Snow is coming down and temps are 16 degrees F and dropping.

No set plans for today other than keeping warm.