The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 01-22-2014

Went to my fathers place earlier today to talk to him about this tree related problem I have and what if anything will be done regarding the party most responsible for it. So far the defense is that I didn't do enough to make sure he remembered to do it. What?! Reminding him four times a week for six months isn't sufficient? That's a load of bull crap! Another is why couldn't you do it? I think the answer to that should be obvious. I had trouble balancing a three pound box to say nothing of something as dangerous as a chain saw. I still can't handle one as my balance is terrible. I tried getting someone to come and cut it down for me but the cheapest of those wanted a minimum of $40 and that was just for making the trip! Using the saw was extra. Shows what kind of people we have around here. Now that it's fallen and the damage is done everyone's like 'Too bad' and 'I wish I could have done something'. And these were many of the same people who told me to take a hike. And they wonder why I have no use for them.

I asked my father to take me to Lowe's so I could get some 'Great Stuff' foam sealant. I got two cans, all I could afford. Before I use it I'm going to stuff the gap with bags, paper, pieces of cardboard, rags, anything I can find that'll take up space.

Here's a short video of the test run of the old Varney loco I was working on yesterday.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 01-22-2014

I found another three inch long screw and added to the two that I already had in the board I put on the end of the trailer. Then I tightened them down as far as I could and closed most of the gap to about an inch. That was then filled with expanded foam as high as I could get it. Hopefully it's high enough. I'm out of the foam.

It was a busy day for me. I got the end of the trailer patched up as best I could for now. Hopefully it's enough. There's a slight chance of rain and maybe a bit of snow tomorrow and Friday. I finally got a chance to tear down the Athearn chassis that was throwing showers of sparks from the rear truck. The problem was easily corrected. There were little bits of copper wire wound around the axles between the wheels and bearings. It ran good before but was throwing lots of sparks. Now it runs good and no sparks.

All this stress the past couple of days isn't doing me any good. I ache all over, my back and hips hurt bad, I'm having problems with dizziness and my head hurts. I have an appointment in the morning at the orthodics and prosthetic clinic. They probably want to adjust my prosthesis a bit more.

Time to call it a night. See y'all some time tomorrow.

[Image: DSCN3180.jpg]

[Image: DSCN3442.jpg]

[Image: lobodrive.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 01-23-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have sun and +7 degrees this morning.
A little overnight snow turned rush hour into a parking lot.
That is not normal for here but it's too cold for salt to work and they don't us sand because it gets into the sewer system.
I had a nice chat with some of the train guys last night but no news from the store.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 01-23-2014

Good morning. It's 38° with 88% humidity. The high will be 45° with clouds and showers.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg] with [Image: cond20.jpg]

Glad I got the spray foam in the damaged area yesterday so it could cure up good and hard. It's been raining slow and steady all morning here. So far I haven't seen any water coming in but the day is young.

My father took me to my appointment in DeRidder this morning as my van isn't to be trusted to start if the engine hasn't had at least several hours to cool down. For short hops like from here to my fathers place and back is OK. Going to town to do grocery shopping is out of the question.

I was thinking last night (if you smelled something burning that was probably it) about how to make a better patch for the damaged area. I thought maybe getting a couple cans of that flexible rubber spray on stuff you see advertised on TV but no way can I afford that. Just those two cans of spray foam yesterday wiped me out. Then I suddenly remembered that I have two cans of spray on bed liner in my van. Yeah, I should be able to use that. Cut some pieces of poster board to fold over the gap, secure it place then bathe it with the truck liner spray. That should work.At least it should keep the rain out until permanent repairs can be made.

[Image: DSCN3444.jpg]

[Image: DSCN3413.jpg]

[Image: DSCN5683.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 01-23-2014

Kev:

Prayers all around!! That's way, way too young to go, all because of a dumb (also IMHO) reason... Sad
I hope the next treatment they try works well for your friend!!!

Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup JEFFREY!!!

Too Cool!!!! NEVER toss anything out! you never know when you may need it!!! I hope that this time, you got it sealed!!!

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-23-2014

Afternoon. Town busy this AM. Now for a leftover Subway. 36 degrees and then Yankee Cold tomorrow again. Wish you Yanks would keep your cold air up North. We don't need you to share. Wallbang Stay warm and dry.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 01-23-2014

Chief Eagles Wrote:Afternoon. Town busy this AM. Now for a leftover Subway. 36 degrees and then Yankee Cold tomorrow again. Wish you Yanks would keep your cold air up North. We don't need you to share. Wallbang Stay warm and dry.
357 357 357 357
Chief, the answer is simple....warm air rises, cold air sinks.... so, it is just a bit difficult to keep cold air Up Nope ---North ! Icon_twisted Wink But, thanks, just the same, for the warm air. Big Grin Big Grin Wink 357 357

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 01-23-2014

Well it looks just downright wet for today and tomorrow. We have a 50% chance of rain today then 40% chance of rain, sleet and snow tonight. Friday is a 30% chance of rain, sleet and snow.

Just checked the bedroom and no sign of water coming in anywhere.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-23-2014

ngauger Wrote:Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup JEFFREY!!!

Too Cool!!!! NEVER toss anything out! you never know when you may need it!!! I hope that this time, you got it sealed!!!

Don't know about you, but I usually toss something I've had hanging around unused for many years, then a few days later find a use for it. :o Or worse yet, sell it at a yard sale last week, then have to pay four times what you sold it for because you really need it now. 35 35 35

Then there's the, "hey, I finally found that I can use that can of spray paint that's been hanging out in the garage for these past five years", only to find that it no longer sprays and you should have thrown it out four years ago... :cry:

Good luck Jeffery, you're making the best out of a really bad situation, that's for sure. Thumbsup

Chief Eagles Wrote:Afternoon. Town busy this AM. Now for a leftover Subway. 36 degrees and then Yankee Cold tomorrow again. Wish you Yanks would keep your cold air up North. We don't need you to share. Wallbang Stay warm and dry.
Don't blame us!!! It's them from the Great White Nawth that's sending this bone chillin' cold!!! Sad Sad
Icon_lol This is our payback for all that 100 degree heat Eek you send us during the Summer Smile Smile

Thanks for the "warm" wishes all the same Smile Smile Smile

ezdays Wrote:Don't know about you, but I usually toss something I've had hanging around unused for many years, then a few days later find a use for it. :o Or worse yet, sell it at a yard sale last week, then have to pay four times what you sold it for because you really need it now. 35 35 35

Then there's the, "hey, I finally found that I can use that can of spray paint that's been hanging out in the garage for these past five years", only to find that it no longer sprays and you should have thrown it out four years ago... :cry:
Yup!! !I've done ALL of those things!! Every one!! Smile Learned to Never toss anything "just in Case" Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

and you left one out!!!!

I'll give something that's been sitting around for years, to someone that needs it........... and (Say It With ME!!!)
I'll need that Exact same thing a few months later!! Eek Wallbang Wallbang Wallbang Wallbang

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-23-2014

ngauger Wrote:Yup!! !I've done ALL of those things!! Every one!! Smile Learned to Never toss anything "just in Case" Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

There's a TV series for people like you.... it's called, "Hoarders".... 357 357

ngauger Wrote:and you left one out!!!!

I'll give something that's been sitting around for years, to someone that needs it........... and (Say It With ME!!!)
I'll need that Exact same thing a few months later!! Eek Wallbang Wallbang Wallbang Wallbang

I have one more, I can't find something I need after tearing the house apart, so I go out and buy a new one... About five minutes after opening the package and using it, the old one magically appears out of nowhere. Icon_lol Icon_lol

ezdays Wrote:I have one more, I can't find something I need after tearing the house apart, so I go out and buy a new one... About five minutes after opening the package and using it, the old one magically appears out of nowhere. Icon_lol Icon_lol
..... Yup!! Done that too!!! Smile Last time it was a meter - The day I bought the new one, I found the "lost" one... Fortunately, I hadn't opened the new one yet, so i was able to return it Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin