The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-01-2014

Greetings, gang.

Snow this morning and 12 degrees. Looks like we picked up a couple inches. The snow will stop later this morning but the cold won't. The high for today is supposed to be 23 then tomorrow morning it's supposed to be -4.

Kev - we've had the cold this winter but not the snow like you've had. We're right on the western edge of the Keystone Pipeline of snow coming out of Canada. Up until this morning we've had mostly bare ground for much of the winter. Of course that results in a lot of frozen pipes around here (fortunately not us). I've had my share pf plumbing problems this winter and don't need that.

The big event yesterday was the arrival of the new trash cans. The city is converting to the automated trash collection. The darn things are so big I'm going to have to remodel the garage to get them in.

Got a call from our son's mother-in-law last night confirming she will be getting released on Monday. My Fair Lady will be spending a few nights with her while she recovers.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-01-2014

Morning. Did drop below freezing for a few. Really warming fast and sun is out. Enjoy the day.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 02-01-2014

Good Morning Blue
Snow that might turn to rain and back to snow. Heavy stuff.
The temp is 27.
Just checking in. No plans for the day.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 02-01-2014

Good morning/noon all.

Cold and slushy out.

No new news of any sort here.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 02-01-2014

Good afternoon. It's 66° with 84% humidity. The high will be 72° and cloudy.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg]

I'm still busy straightening out some problems with my recent Win8 crash. Even using 'God Mode' it's hard to find some things. Have I mentioned that i really hate Windows 8?

Today I'm taking a break from the work on the trailer. I've got it sealed up from the weather at least. Now I have to figure out how best to proceed with repairing the structural damage. There looks to be nothing I can do about the smashed down roof (trailer roof, not the over-roof) other than making sure the seams are sealed. On the over-roof it appears I lucked out. The broken section of the framing can be repaired by bridging it with a seven foot 2x4. Two pieces of corrugated galvanized sheet steel are damaged and will have to be replaced. That's ladder work and will be dicey. My father is too old to help with that now and I'm not even going to waste my breath asking my nephew to help. He's too busy going to parties and getting drunk. I should be able to get David's help with it provided he's not tied up with work.

I'd like to get some of the accumulated clutter off the layout but that'll have to wait. Due to the weather conditions this last week the garbage pickup was never made. So my trash cans are still out at the road side waiting to be emptied.

Sometimes I think Murphy has taken up permanent residence here. Just when I think things can't get worse they do.

[Image: DSCN6270.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 02-01-2014

Here in the far north suburbs of Chicago........woke up this morning to see ......Yup !! :o more snow :o
The cold continues, and we've already set a couple of new records.
Been working on the N.Y. Pilot Schooner "Phantom" kit "rebuild", so haven't been out a whole lot.
Don't know the current temperature, don't think I want to......I'm warm enough in the condo.
I got out the Brass SVRY 2-6-6-2, and compared it with the outside frame SHS&D 2-6-6-2. I'm building the SHS&D from MDC kit parts, and it is 4' shorter,( frame length pilot to cab support ) with 3' dia. drivers, and larger diameter cylinders.
(( it's also a "compound", where the SVRY loco is a "simple" ))

Big Grin Winter, it seems, is a good time for "building models". Wink 357 357

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-01-2014

Kev, like I have said before, better hurry and melt some as you will be running out of places to pile it. Rain here.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 02-01-2014

FiatFan:
Our section of the city received new garbage cans a while back (before we moved in).
Big grievance here is that the new garbage trucks can't go into the courts and everyone there has to push them out to the larger road. Otherwise, we're coping with alternate blue and grey weeks, green every week. Of course, we have what seem to be the largest bins. There are lots of complaints from places with no lanes between houses, large apartments that have to line up a hundred bins a week (separate by a yard ...).
I fought my way out today to the bird feeder on the deck. I had to force the screen door far enough open to get out and then chip the ice out of the track. Then shovel out to the bird feeder -- must be 5 or 6 feet -- with snow/ice piles as high as the dining room table. And now it's snowing again.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Steamtrains - 02-01-2014

Running Bear Wrote:I'm still busy straightening out some problems with my recent Win8 crash. Even using 'God Mode' it's hard to find some things. Have I mentioned that i really hate Windows 8?
Windows 7 and XP are the best versions of Windows...All later versions aren't worth a pitcher of...Well, you know.... Curse

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 02-01-2014

Didn't get a whole lot done today. Did a little work on the layout. The small gap in the newly placed six foot straight has been filled. It was precisely two inches. Just so happens I have a few of those laying around. So the mainline curve on the north end is now connected to the curve on the extension at the south end by a six foot, two inch straight stretch. I also connected a straight stretch of track to the other curve on the north end. I have to do some work on the south end of that shorter straight so it'll connect to a turnout just before the extension. Once that's done there'll be a complete circuit of track all the way around the layout.

In other news, a friend brought me an old Lobo disk drive. It's broke. He said if I can fix it it's mine. If not just chuck it in the trash or strip it for parts. IF I can fit it? If I can fix it! Maybe he don't know me so well as he thinks he does. IF I can fix it! That's like saying the sun doesn't rise in the east! Of course I can fix it, and I will. Not only that, it'll be able to read and write ProDOS, something the Lobo's couldn't do. If I can fix it. I almost feel insulted.

Well it's time to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: DSCN6325.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6330.jpg]

[Image: lobodrive.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 02-02-2014

Morning all. Up and moving as wife wants to go to the flea market today. Foggy and light mist out side but suppose clear up and get up close to 70 today.
Been relaxing lately as on leave until I retire on the 7th of Feb
Figured been a while since I posted or should say think it has I know I have made post up but may have not hit post as didn't see any for like the past 6 or so days.

hope all are having a good weekend Talk to you all later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 02-02-2014

Good morning. It's 65° with 100% humidity. The high will be 66°. It'll be cloudy with a good chance of rain.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg] with [Image: cond70.jpg]

Looks like the weather today will be WET. I'll take warm and rainy to freezing and snowy any day. As far as I'm concerned that white stuff is for the birds.

Nothing planned today but rest. I MIGHT work on the layout later. No football watching here. I don't get that channel and the ONLY reason I'd watch the Super Bowl would be to see the commercials. I could care less about the game. I had my fun with football when I was young, that is if you call getting a concussion, a dislocated knee, a broken ankle and a messed up back (not all at once) fun.

I found fifty blank floppy disks in the closet. I could format them and see how many are actually good and pitch the rest.

[Image: DSCN1753.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-02-2014

Morning. Sunny and getting to the 60's today. Not much happening here.

We missed RT's birthday yesterday. Happy birthday.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 02-02-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have a cloudy sky and 22 degrees.
No news from the train store so I'm just checking in.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 02-02-2014

Chief Eagles Wrote:We missed RT's birthday yesterday. Happy birthday.
At least I didn't miss it.