The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-06-2014

Good morning everyone. Weather-wise, it's been a bit chilly and cloudy here these past few days. It may, or may not rain today or tomorrow, and the chances are anywhere from 0 to 30% depending on who you believe. Right now it's dry and so we're going out to the desert to do some target shooting. If it decides to rain when we get there, I've got a 10' x 10' folding canopy that will keep us dry.

Remember, we still have a Big Blue Anniversary coffee cup that we're auctioning of. The auction ends in about a week, so if you're going to bid, now's the time.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 02-06-2014

Morning all This week just seems to be dragging I guess its because I just want to go in and sign out from work and get it over with. Not much else going on I see my federal tax return has come in already 2285_ Now waiting for state which usually is like 2 -4 days later.
Ordered a new E-unit from Train tender for my 2359 B&M GP-9 so that will be fixed and my rebuilding of my original set will be done with everything it should be I never had it complete as it was a second hand train set but now I have one complete with all the parts working on boxes for it now some will be repo boxes as can't see paying $100 for a box lol I know it adds to the value but dang.
Well that about it time to go make some breakfast

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-06-2014

Morning all. Sunny and chilly but not cold.

Hope Mikey has power and all the others too. Kev, praying you get a big melt. WOW. Your Wifey has been great going to work in such conditions. Has the cat stayed in?

Poor Sir J and Charlie. The mush mush joke is getting serious.

Tom, you should be use to it but not this long.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 02-06-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have a cloudy 11 degrees.
No more snow till Saturday, so they say. But no warming either.
Yesterdays snow was deeper than it looked from indoors.
There were lot's of places too high for the snow blower so I had to top it off then go through.
No train news.......S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 02-06-2014

Good morning. It's 30° with 86% humidity. The high will be 38°.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg] with [Image: cond30.jpg]

There's a chance of freezing rain this morning. Haven't gotten any here yet. Later that will become a chance of rain for the afternoon. I'm staying in where it's warm and dry.

No plans for the day. I may move some of the clutter around so I can work on a different part of the layout. However the part that needs the most attention, that crosses the back of the layout from east to west in front of the a/c unit has to wait until I get rid of some of the junk under the layout. No telling when that will be.

[Image: P1011989.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-06-2014

Greetings, gang.

Another cold one in store for today. Right now it's -2 after an overnight low of -9. High for today is supposed to be +8. No real improvement until early next week, maybe.

Yesterday I finally got the new tub faucet to stop seeping. Then this morning I found one that was seeping again. Back to the drawing board. If I can get that to stop we should be able to use the shower by tomorrow. My Fair Lady returns today. Should be home about noon-ish.

Chief, I never get used to the cold but have learned how to deal with it when it does arrive. One thing I have learned over the years is to spend a little more money on coats, gloves, etc. It's worth it.

We had our first automated trash collection today. With the old system I always knew when they were hear. I didn't hear anything this morning. Not a big deal for me but I'm sure the young man across the street appreciated it. He works nights about half a month.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 02-06-2014

Well no layout work today. Added a disk drive to the //e. It now has five disk drives and one SDFloppy SD card reader. I can copy data from one disk to another and never have to remove the operations disk from it's drive and it greatly simplifies copying programs to and from the card reader.

Finally broke down and bought a set of four new 23w 3500K CFL lights for the computer/layout room/kitchen. The old ones had a long run and were getting long in the tooth. One was starting to buzz and another was getting black at the base and starting to flicker. Not only that, it was getting hot! At $15 for the four lights I consider that a good price. They're bright without being garish and they don't have that peculiar tint that so many CFL's seem to have.

I also printed up new letters to put on my PC keyboard so I can see the keys better. Small gray characters on black keys just don't work well for me. Large black characters on white stick-on labels work a lot better.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: DSCN3914.jpg]

[Image: DSCN3776.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6063-1.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-07-2014

Good morning all, I hope life is getting restored to normal for anyone hit by these new storms. I shudder at the thought of having to live in that again. I can thank Uncle Sam for my being in Arizona, having sent me out to the Yuma desert a long, long time ago. It kind of grows on you, especially this time of the year. Worship

Spent a few hours out in the desert target shooting yesterday. No rain, but it was cloudy and a bit chilly with the wind and all. I'm not sure which is worse, going out in the Summer and having to wear gloves because the guns are too hot to touch, or going out this time of the year and wearing gloves because it's really chilly out. Yeah, I know, at least we could still see the ground, so I'm not complaining. Big Grin

I hope everyone has a great weekend....Thumbsup

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-07-2014

KRM Wrote:
ezdays Wrote:Yeah, I know, at least we could still see the ground, so I'm not complaining. Big Grin
Same here today as yesterday but Sandra made it to work. -3 Right now. Won't get much better.

ezdays, ground??? what Ground??? 357

Gee, our ground is brown with some green here and there. I didn't know that it came on other colors like white... Nope Misngth

I'm hoping that you can't complain when it's -3 outside though, it could get worse...... My theory is that there is a finite amount of cold in the world and so when you guys are getting the below zero temps, we are donating our share of the cold and have to put up with the 60's, 70's and yes, we have high 80's forecast for next week, so somewhere in this world it is going to get even colder. Big Grin

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 02-07-2014

Good Morning Blue
Was -3 this morning. We have some sun now but it will stay cold.
Kevin our neighborhood looks pretty much like your home in the woods.
No train news this morning.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 02-07-2014

Good morning. It's 28° with 87% humidity. Wind chill 19°. The high will be 42°. Cloudy. There's a possibility of rain this afternoon.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg] with [Image: cond20.jpg]

I have no idea what I'm going to be doing today. Whatever presents itself I guess. If it's something outside forget it. The wind is only about ten mph but it's northeast right off the lake and goes right through you. The last thing I need is to get sick from doing something stupid. I have enough trouble already.

[Image: DSCN3762.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-07-2014

Greetings, gang.

-6 right now with an expected high in the mid teens. Snow is supposed to move in overnight with 1-2 inches expected.

Looks like I finally have the seeping stopped in the water lines to the new tub faucet. I'll be leaving the access panel open for a few days to make sure. Nothing major on today's agenda other than gathering up tools and cleaning up the work area.

Tomorrow a friend and I are headed to Council Bluffs for a train show. We'll be meeting some friends of mine from Nebraska. I've been going for about 6 years and this is the first time I will have someone along with me. Should be lots of fun.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-07-2014

Afternoon all. Sunny and going into the 50's. Sorry guys up Nawth. 357 Had meetings till a few. Left home at 6:30 this AM.

KEV, think I'll get the JD out and mow grass. Tongue

Off to lunch.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-07-2014

Chief Eagles Wrote:KEV, think I'll get the JD out and mow grass. Tongue
Somebody get a rope! Icon_lol

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 02-07-2014

Anybody got one of these taking up space in a closet, attic, basement or shed?

Apple //e Model A2S2128
[Image: A2ePH5.jpg]

I need the case. Not the keyboard, bottom plate or internals. Just the case. The one in the photo is a non-op Ebay offering. I really don't want to pay what they want for it particularly when I could just about get a working one for that price. Again, I just need the case.