The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 02-12-2014

Good morning. It's 30° with 100% humidity. The high will be 42° with light rain.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg] with [Image: cond20.jpg]

Going back to town today. Should have made a bank deposit yesterday and forgot to so have to do it today. Later I'll see about lowering those DVD racks so I can reach the tops of them more easily.

Found out that my older sister is in the hospital with double pneumonia. She sure didn't need that.

Nothing else planned at this time.

[Image: DSCN3205.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-12-2014

Morning all. Waiting for it to snow. Windy and icy air. Snowing south of us. Hope to keep power.

Tree trimming guy showed up and is trimming the trees around the house. Expensive. If ice comes, will be less expensive due to reduced damage.

Train Box for a while.

Stay warm and dry.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - model-a - 02-12-2014

Hey guy's snowing hard In Rockwell.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-12-2014

GRID LOCK in Raleigh. Forecasters told them this AM, stay home. Governor told them 2 hours before it started snowing to go home. Did not listen. We were in Wake Forest 5 miles away when the street covered. Lady [had to be a Yankee] drove 5 mph the 5 miles. Caused folds to stall on a steep hill. Turned on Main Street and drove so slow my speedometer would not register. Caused Main Street [already backed up] to stall for a while. :evil: Wallbang She's and idiot [Wifey says I can't say that and then she called her one].

It started snowing and blowing hard. Streets covered in 30 minutes. Wet icy snow.

Staying in. Hope this does not turn to freezing rain. If not freezing rain, should keep power. Forecasters are going to commit suicide if it doesn't turn to freezing rain. All they can say. Then snow again tomorrow. Kids out of schools rest of the week. Closed today so that was good.

Hey all we got about 5 o 6 inches right now be safe Eagles stay away from that crazy woman. Icon_lol

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 02-12-2014

model-a Wrote:Hey all we got about 5 o 6 inches right now be safe
Five to six inches of snow down here would have the state on the disaster aid list for sure! Nothing would be moving. It would be nothing short of a disaster.

Got into town to make the bank deposit. Went to the auto parts place to pick up some parts I ordered. Not in due to weather keeping anything from getting out of Houston. Check back in a couple days. At least I got some laundry done. Now to rest the rest of the day.

Did ya'll get anything at all Bear rain or snow.

Proof is in the pudding. Local TV station just interviewed a lady who abandoned her car and is walking 10 miles to get home. Her words were, "I'm from NY." Told you so. This stuff hits the roadways, melts and refreezes to a coat of ICE. Also, Governor should have ordered 18 wheelers off of the highways. Most of them are now blocking the US routes and interstates. Some areas are now switching to sleet and freezing rain. Temps are at the mid 20's but warmer aloft.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 02-12-2014

Chief Eagles Wrote:Proof is in the pudding. Local TV station just interviewed a lady who abandoned her car and is walking 10 miles to get home. Her words were, "I'm from NY." Told you so. This stuff hits the roadways, melts and refreezes to a coat of ICE. Also, Governor should have ordered 18 wheelers off of the highways. Most of them are now blocking the US routes and interstates. Some areas are now switching to sleet and freezing rain. Temps are at the mid 20's but warmer aloft.
No he should close the highways period as driving on ice in any vehicle is dangerous being from the north you would know that not trying to blame a person from where they are because I bet you have more southern's in wrecks as there not use to this and being from N.Y. yeah I can understand that especially if she was from the city where about 50% don't have a car because you just have no where to keep it there. Also most down here don't really have snow tires they have which is consider all weather which will get you by but are not really rated for decent amount of snow ( over 2" ) I have the common sense not to go out today seeing its ice here on the roads and I have 4 wheel drive which on ice as jon told you in other forum is no real help on ice. And the first thing I heard on the radio was accident here and there and there in fact there where so many they could tell of all

model-a Wrote:Did ya'll get anything at all Bear rain or snow.
We got freezing rain. Ice on everything! So it was salt on my porch and alcohol on my windshield. No heater so no defroster. The alcohol helps to melt the ice quick. But it's one of those things of don't use too much. A little goes a long way. I hate this kind of weather. My old van doesn't like to cold start in weather like this. So I have to prime the carb with starting fluid then hold the choke plate closed as I crank the engine. When it fires the neighbors know about it and if it backfires people a mile away know about it. With dual exhaust, echo chambers and homemade cherry-bombs a 318 can make a big window rattling boom! If anybody tells you a 318 is great for fuel economy call them a liar. It isn't.

Nothing more done today than what I reported previously. Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: DSCN1207.jpg]

[Image: DSCN3220.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 02-12-2014

You guys in the south:
If nothing else, take a big bag of Kitty Litter with you. That's probably easier to get than some other things. Buy the cheapest.

If you're really desperate, get used. Eek

Sorry, but I learned to drive in a Canadian winter; I don't know what to do on a dry road on a sunny day.

RT, she was from out of the city and had to drive to the subway. Stop arguing for the Yanks. Wink I'll send the REB army to your house. 357
Raining and 34 degrees. Snow turning to slush. As long as we keep this temp, no freezing rain. DOT has continuously scraped the road in front of my house.

Sleep tight.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - model-a - 02-13-2014

Good morning my friends cold here not doing anything but maybe a little sleet guess it's almost over hope everyone had a good night and ya'll still have power.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-13-2014

Chief Eagles Wrote:RT, she was from out of the city and had to drive to the subway. Stop arguing for the Yanks. Wink I'll send the REB army to your house. 357
Raining and 34 degrees. Snow turning to slush. As long as we keep this temp, no freezing rain. DOT has continuously scraped the road in front of my house.

Sleep tight.

Chief,

From what I understand, they keep all the good drivers home and send those that can't pass their drivers test down your way. Icon_lol I think that explains why she was there. 357