The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-11-2013

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1011468.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-12-2013

Good morning. It's 74° with 98% humidity. The high will be 92°.
[Image: pcloudy-1.jpg][Image: cond20.jpg]

Not much planned for today. I may mow the grass if I feel up to it. I got some new flypaper strips yesterday and they've already hauled in a good harvest. I hung up four and I can see about a dozen little black flies stuck to each one. The flies were stupid enough to land on them so they're stuck with that problem now. Yesterday I saw a pair of adhesive backed disk drive identification labels (DRIVE 1 and DRIVE 2) online. They look good but the seller wants around $20 for them. I didn't agree with that price so I quickly printed my own and glued them to the fronts of my two main drives. They look good enough to me.

For those wondering what the book on the top drive is, the Starfleet Officers Manual, Volume 1.

[Image: DSCN4248.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-12-2013

Morning from the Don Baker palace in cloudy CA. Days, brought rain tied to the tail of the US Airways jet. Off south today to see more big club layouts. Having fun.

Later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - yellowlynn - 07-12-2013

There is a tip on how to keep flies away that a lot of people swear by. Put 4-6 pennies in a zip-lok bag, fill about 3/4 full with water, zip up, and hang on patios, by doors, or wherever. They say the prismatic effect of the water makes flies believe it is a predator. I don't know about the pennies, but they need to be in it. Could be worth a try. I tried it by the patio doggie door. Seemed to work til the dogs tore it down and carried it off. Some say it works for years, or until the water evaporates. Cheap enough to be worth a try.

Lynn

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-12-2013

Good late morning to everyone. Yeah, it's after noon by now on the east coast, but still only 9:30 here. I'm sure you're aware that Arizona does not change to DST in the summer. A good thing, since the one year we had to go on DST, it was still light out close to 10 at night and temps were over 100 at midnight. These were compelling reasons not to change. Today will be a cool one, just a few degrees over 100. High humidity and dew points, with rain in the forecast for just about every day until the end of next week. I don't know how they can tell, since we normally don't know until late in the afternoon, when the storms either show up or they don't.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 07-12-2013

Look at that great photo above Looking good Kev. Like I said on another forum you need to get him a trains set so he has one when he can start pushing them around ( non power set)

TGIF Hope all having a good one I'm here relaxing back to work thou tomorrow but thats okay.

Talk to you all later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-12-2013

Greetings, gang.

A beautiful day underway this afternoon in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. Right now it's a sunny and somewhat breezy 84 degrees.

We're almost finished with the trash out job. Tomorrow morning should see the end of it. Then it's just a phone call to get the dumpster picked up on Monday. No big plans for the weekend. Next week we start the packing for the trip to Michigan. I'm looking forward to getting home from that trip.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-12-2013

Got the grass cut. Now I feel like I've been run over by the tractor, several times. The grass was high and took about six hours to cut. I worked a lunch of beef stew and cornbread in there somewhere. Now I'm sore and stiff and I'm sure I'll be somewhat antisocial for a few days.

Would you believe it's still 90 here?

Tired and sore tonight so I'm calling it a night a bit early. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: DSCN4261.jpg]

[Image: DSCN2554.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-13-2013

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 70 this morning with an anticipated high in the mid 80s.

RB - I think that prime directive was issued by my wife.

Today should see the end of the trash out job. We had an interesting turn of events yesterday. A lawn care company showed up to clean up the trash in the yard. We had figured that into our bid also but they had a skid loader. We said fine, it's all yours. We had been avoiding the trash pile anyway. Glad they are taking care of it.

Today we just need to vacuum and sweep. Other items on the agenda for today are some minor chores in the yard.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-13-2013

Good morning all, and I hope you all are having an enjoyable weekend. 2285_ Big dust storm came in yesterday around noon, followed by some rain. it came from the southeast as usual and even shut down the airport for close to an hour. The big problem for us is that just about the time it hit Phoenix, it turned north and headed up I-17 to Flagstaff. :cry: As far as us on the west side of town, we wouldn't even know there was any kind of storm, no blowing dust, no rain. It was suppose to rain early today, but not a rain cloud in sight right now.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-13-2013

Good morning. It's 72° with 75% humidity. The high will be 95°.
[Image: cond026.gif]

No plans for today. Woke up this morning feeling like I'd been under an elephant - as the mattress! Very sore and my joints are stiff. Looks like a movie watching day. According to USPS tracking the power supply for the other Apple IIe should have been here yesterday. But it didn't show up. Maybe today. I'm waiting for the tracking site to be updated. Yesterday I started up the old Starflett1 game and worked my way through a mission as the commander of the UGAS Galactica. Won too with an overall efficiency rating of 87.2%. I found three star bases I could resupply at and destroyed seventeen enemy vessels in thirteen days. Hadn't played that in over ten years. I only had to look up one little thing in the manual. How to get damage control to repair a short circuit in the bowling alley and repair the food dispensers before the ship became flooded with vanilla pudding. Boy, major decisions there! I might start up another mission today.

[Image: P1011450.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-13-2013

Well I got the new Apple IIe power supply this morning. It's now installed and has been tested in use and passed. So of the three Apple IIe's I'm working on #1 is complete and is in service. #2 just got a new power supply and still needs a CP/M card. #3 just got a rebuilt power supply and a set of RAM chips for 64k, a processor and a ROM chip. It just passed a power-on test and an initial drive control test using the drive controller from #2. It still needs an 80 column/64k RAM expander card, a CP/M card, a Disk II controller card and two A2M0003 (20-pin) Disk II disk drives. Also need a 20-pin Disk II drive cable. I've been looking for it on Ebay but it's like looking for hens teeth. I'll probably have to buy a junk drive and strip the cable from it.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 07-13-2013

RB (et al)
We had the mobile RV repair around yesterday. He looked at the stuff and said that someone had tightened the top (outside) part of the AC down too far and some screwheads on the bottom had pierced the rubber roof. What was coming in was the water that should pond on the roof and flow over the sides. He did a bit of caulking and said he'd be back early next week. We now get less dripping and it's on the other side.
But he did say that we've had leaking into the roof from this and there are now hidden problems. When he returns we'll have to ask for advice.

BR60103 Wrote:RB (et al)
We had the mobile RV repair around yesterday. He looked at the stuff and said that someone had tightened the top (outside) part of the AC down too far and some screwheads on the bottom had pierced the rubber roof. What was coming in was the water that should pond on the roof and flow over the sides. He did a bit of caulking and said he'd be back early next week. We now get less dripping and it's on the other side.
But he did say that we've had leaking into the roof from this and there are now hidden problems. When he returns we'll have to ask for advice.
Yikes! That sounds like it'll have to filled with a pressurized sealant so it gets into all the places the water was going. Any water trapped in pockets can be BAD news.

Not much happened happened today. I got IIe #2 up and running with a new power supply, IIe #3 has a good rebuilt power supply. I played another game of Starfleet1. After two games I'm doing rather well. I've only come up against a few cloaked ships though. They can hit from anywhere and are very hard to target. I did defeat them though and even captured one and towed it to the nearest starbase. Now that I'm feeling good about it I'll probably get my clock cleaned in the next game and get my butt handed to me on a platter made from part of the Galactica. My father is having a room in his home cleared for me. Getting in and out of my trailer on one leg would be hard to say the least and until I get a prosthesis and learn how to use it I'll be needing a place to stay. Other family members homes are out because they have steps/stairs and weren't laid out with the handicapped in mind.

Well it's getting late and it's past time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: DSCN4297-1.jpg]