The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 02-13-2014

Good morning. It's 25° with 100% humidity. The high will be 58° with some clouds.
[Image: cond026.gif]

No set plans for today. Not really feeling that well. May be back in later.

[Image: gonecrazy.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - model-a - 02-13-2014

Hope you get to feeling better Bear take it easy, snowing here again we made the news here in NC with this storm. Icon_lol

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 02-13-2014

Chief I saw Raleigh was just like Atlanta typical southern driving enough said Icon_lol

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-13-2014

Morning. Rained during the night. RT, you must have looked at CBS news. They lied. Photo of supposed abandoned cars was not abandoned. Most of the vehicles got moved. Some folks took hours to get home. 18 wheelers caused inter-states to get stalled. They got cleared by midnight. Then CBS said we were in for more ice. We are not. Snow and too warm for major accumulation. Sensationalism. We have slush due to the rain during the night. Only a few lost power.

KEV, you know better than the mess with Mother Nature and the Chief. We will pile more snow and cold on you. :evil: 357

Been sleeping. Got up, fed cat and then napped. Got to get out and moving.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 02-13-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have sun and 22 degrees.
Took advantage of this heat wave and went grocery shopping this morning.
Also did a couple hours work on the layout yesterday.
One of the other forums added more to their list of silly rules, pretty soon you will have to be a registered voter to post there.
Happy Friday the 13th
I know, but Friday the 13th is on Thursday this month.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-13-2014

Greetings, gang.

Sunny, very windy and 39 degrees. We have already surpassed the predicted high for today. Snow again on Saturday and the National Weather Service is predicting mid 40s by next week. Time to get out the shorts and sandals.

Yesterday after I went to the gym I stopped to put gas in my car. Price was $3.02. Yesterday afternoon I went out again and price was $3.14. I actually timed it right for a changed. Most of the time I need gas right after the price goes up.

Today so far we've been to breakfast, done some shopping, and I went to the gym again. This afternoon I hope to get the oil changed on my wife's car.

All stay safe, Rebs and Yanks alike.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-13-2014

Raining with a little snow mixed in. Wish it would snow only. Temps above freezing. Most of the trees are clean of ice now.

Tom, Kev and I "batter" over the Reb/Yankee thing. RT is a ^*~ Carpetbagger [Yankee living in SC]. We just have fun.

Off to the Train Box for a few.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 02-13-2014

Chief Eagles Wrote:Raining with a little snow mixed in. Wish it would snow only. Temps above freezing. Most of the trees are clean of ice now.

Tom, Kev and I "batter" over the Reb/Yankee thing. RT is a ^*~ Carpetbagger [Yankee living in SC]. We just have fun.

Off to the Train Box for a few.

[Image: NCClosed.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - yellowlynn - 02-13-2014

Kev, I hate to pull the curtain down on you, but the REBS do have a mighty powerful army. Yankee weather just has all three of them snowed in right now. Shoot Shoot Curse

Lynnb

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 02-13-2014

Had a blood sugar crash this morning despite having had breakfast with plenty of starch. It was 63 when I checked it and went to 41 in short order. Ate a can of chili to bring it back up. Lots of protein and other things I needed. Level came back up to 107. Blood pressure is high though. Why? I don't know. When I checked it the reading was 160 over 110, pulse 92. Had a doc appointment this afternoon anyway so I had him check it out. He asked if I've been having any dizziness (other than what I usually have), headaches, nausea, chest pain? Nope. So he did an examination, had an EKG done and was as much in the dark as he was before. So he did what most docs would do in such a case. He doubled my BP meds.

Good news is the van ran good today and it wasn't hard to start after being parked for a little while. Back during the summer it took an act of congress to get it to start after being parked thirty minutes to a couple of hours. Any gas, starter fluid, alcohol, etc would boil up into the carb until the engine cooled down. Today it fired on the first crank. Head scratcher.

I'm feeling better now though my BP is still high.

[Image: immature.jpg]

Good thing you got to the doctor today can't mess with that stuff, maybe tomorrow will be better dude. Stop snowing here sun's out be a mess in the morning. Start cooking some supper looks like fish and pierogies wife's from Jersey never heard of them till I met her. Be around later I'm about as board as I can be cabin fever. Wallbang

model-a Wrote:Start cooking some supper looks like fish and pierogies wife's from Jersey never heard of them till I met her. Be around later I'm about as board as I can be cabin fever. Wallbang
The first time I had anything like a pierogi was many, many years ago. I was having dinner with a Ukrainian family and one of the dishes was something called varenyky which is very similar to the pierogi. It's a crescent shaped dumpling stuffed with mashed potato, cheese, cabbage, sauerkraut, any of a variety of meats. Sometimes they do combinations. For a real treat it can have a fruit filling. It's very popular in Ukraine and Russia.

Good info there Bear there good man she fries them up pretty darn good never had them with anything else in them just potatoes.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-13-2014

model-a Wrote:Good thing you got to the doctor today can't mess with that stuff, maybe tomorrow will be better dude. Stop snowing here sun's out be a mess in the morning. Start cooking some supper looks like fish and pierogies wife's from Jersey never heard of them till I met her. Be around later I'm about as board as I can be cabin fever. Wallbang

Home made or store bought pierogies? We've got a Polish deli about 25 miles away that we go to if we're on that side of town, but I usually have to settle for Mrs. T's... I'm half Ukrainian from jersey as well and we use to have them all the time. My favorite it potatoes and onions, sauteed in butter an onions. 2285_ 2285_

model-a Wrote:Good info there Bear there good man she fries them up pretty darn good never had them with anything else in them just potatoes.
You need to have her put something else in them for a change. Live a little. I've been to many parts of the world and most have things to eat that're very similar to things we have. If you ever get the chance you've got to try borscht. That is a great soup! The main ingredient is beetroot or tomato depending on your taste. The other main ingredients are carrots, cabbage, potatoes, onions, choice of beans, meat or fish, mushrooms if you prefer. Usual spices used are garlic, bay leaf, salt and pepper. If you like here's a recipe of a beet and tomato base version. Borscht.