The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 02-13-2014

Didn't do much else today than what I already reported. I did play a game of Starfleet1. I lost. I was short by two on my quota of enemy ships when time ran out. Sometimes being a vice-admiral sucks.

My blood pressure is down to 128 over 83 which is considered normal. Yippee! Blood sugar is 139 and I haven't touched the insulin yet. Good enough for me.

I was digging around in the closet today (seems like there's no end to it) and found an old box I've been packing around for about twenty-two years. I opened it up and right on top were the DOS Users manual and DOS Programmers manual for my //e computer. Under them was the manual for my Apple Writer II word processor program. I'd been looking high and low for those.

Time to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P5050324.jpg]

[Image: P5020303.jpg]

[Image: DSCN3224.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-14-2014

Good night all. Clear and cold. Slush freezing back. Had around of pretty snow [big flakes] while I was working in the Train Box. Did a lot of rewiring. Things to protect electronics.

Frankie dropped by and we ran trains. They had called out both SRT teams as they have 4X4's. He said not much happening. Good to see him.

Sleep tight.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-14-2014

Greetings, gang.

Looks like my day will start with running the snow blower. There's a couple inches on the ground and it's still snowing. Right now it's 9 with an expected high of 18. The NWS is still predicting mid 40s by next week.

No major activities planned for today. Maybe some shop cleaning this afternoon.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - model-a - 02-14-2014

Good morning guy's woke up to sunshine this morning yea Bear hope you are feeling better guess this weather makes the joints hurt the hip giving me a fit right now trying to cut back on the pain pills. Ok I'll touch base with ya'll later on in the day. Thumbsup Thumbsup

Glad you found out about your wife I know how you feel mine had gone somewhere don't remember where and we have a bad intersection up the street where there have been a lot of wrecks no light just a stop sign. She had just left I heard sirens and it kinda scared me because she just left and she wouldn't answer the phone and she always answers her cell so I ride up the street and there she sat not in the wreck but it was one of her friends so she was out of the car without her phone anyway know one hurt but the timing of the whole thing was scary. Putting a Boston butt in the oven ya'll come and eat about 6:00.By Cheers

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 02-14-2014

Good morning Blue
We have some snow flakes and 26 degrees.
Kev The same thing happened to me, kinda. I was at work for all to see and the boss called my wife telling her I wasn't there.
By the time I learned what he had done, granny was in a panic mode.
I did a little more work on the layout yesterday with a test run on the section I put back in the day before. It was out and back though, can't make the full loop yet.
I'm still shaking my head in disbelief over the silly rules that forum posted. I would love to know who dreamed up that stuff.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-14-2014

Glad to hear that all these incidents about your wives turned out well. it's always a scary thing when your significant other goes out alone, especially when you can't get a hold of them. My wife just won't do it anymore, the traffic has grown so over the past few years that she just doesn't trust driving in it to go out alone. Nope

For you guys that really like moving snow around and driving in the sleet and ice, I'd advise you to stay away from here. Not only do we not have any snow for you to play with, we're having temps in the high 80's for at least until the middle of next week. Sorry, if you'd miss your snow shovels, plows and blowers, please stay home. Goldth

Uh, stay home regardless, it's getting too congested around here this time of the year and like my wife, you just won't like driving in all that traffic. 357

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-14-2014

Welcome to Slushville. Sunny and warm. Taking Wifey plant shopping for Valentines. Then dinner tonight.

KEV, glad all was OK. Understand panic mode.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 02-14-2014

Good morning. It's 45° with 100% humidity and patchy fog. Cloudy with a small chance of showers this afternoon. The high will be 68°.
[Image: pcloudy-1.jpg][Image: cond20.jpg]

Made like a mole yesterday going through the closet, digging out stuff that hadn't seen the light of day in so long it probably needed sun glasses. I'm paying for it this morning. OUCH! The basket case Apple //e I dug up close to Canada should be arriving today. This is the one I needed the case from. Collecting old computers is similar to collecting old cars or model trains in at least one respect. Scrounge spare parts whenever/wherever you find them. This is supposed to be just the top and bottom casing but if any good parts were left attached I'll take 'em. The previous owner said the case has some scratches but no cracks, dents or broken parts. The one I have now has no breaks but looks like it was used as a hockey puck!

Time to get on with the day.

[Image: DSCN1050.jpg]

Got the Boston Butt cooking can ya'll smell it make some slaw get some buns and there you have it a pulled pork sandwich MMGood. Be back later Big Grin

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Steamtrains - 02-14-2014

Running Bear Wrote:I was digging around in the closet today (seems like there's no end to it) and found an old box I've been packing around for about twenty-two years. I opened it up and right on top were the DOS Users manual and DOS Programmers manual for my //e computer. Under them was the manual for my Apple Writer II word processor program. I'd been looking high and low for those.

Sounds familiar...A few days back I was looking for my measuring tape. Just about turned the house inside out looking for it.
After about half an hour of looking I gave up and sat down at my work bench to ponder my luck. After a few minutes of pondering I thought of going out to buy another. As I get up something catches my eye..There, within a few inches from my hands is the #@!% tape... Curse

I do the same thing the hammer is what I miss place most of the time. 35

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 02-14-2014

On not seeing something its either the measuring tape or the wide tape for taping up a package and the holder for the tape is bright red lol
Evening all not a lot going on here today took truck to end of drive so sun could hit it and melt some of the snow off of it. Its now drivable at least lol. Still have some ice on the drive way mainly shady areas but it did get up to 58 today. its rough but some-one has to suffer so figure I would to save you all up north there from having to suffer Big Grin

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 02-14-2014

Well as I said this morning, I was expecting a package to arrive today. FedEx says they can't deliver it. Local weather delay between here and Alexandria. There's absolutely zip on the radar. WHAT WEATHER! It's partly cloudy, sunny, little or no wind. I ask again, what weather? This is bad comedy! I've had more problems with FedEx these last two years than I've had with USPS and UPS combined in the last TEN years. If I had known the sender was going to use FedEx I would have told him to use USPS.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 02-14-2014

Hello all.

It is snowing at this moment here, but you all probably know that all ready.

I watched Blade runner on DVD the final cut there are 4 DVDs worth of footage and commentary as well as different versions of the movie. A few days ago watched the 7th voyage of Sinbad good old movie also watched Bridget Bardot in her first movie(the girl in the bikini) not bad for an old black and white movie with French as the language(with English subtitles) Next up to watch is Wind talkers and I also got a DVD set on the Flying Scotsman to watch at some point footage of its tour in the US and Canada as well as its visit to Australia and vintage footage of it in the UK.

I have a pic of my latest addition to my Coke cola vehicle fleet a VW panel van 1:43 that now makes 13 total.