The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 02-14-2014

That looks good! Anybody make one in HO?

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 02-14-2014

Seems like hardly anything has gone right for me today. Maybe Murphy got mixed up and thought this was Friday the 13th instead of Friday the 14th. This morning I called nine prescriptions in to the pharmacy. Used to be Don's Family Pharmacy. Don passed on last year and his daughter ran the pharmacy for a while but it kept stirring up memories for her. So late last year she sold it to CVS. Well, as I said, I called in nine prescriptions a little after 9am. I was told they'd be ready for pick up at 3pm. I got there a bit after three. I left my van running as it can be a major pain in the butt to start again when the engine is hot. This was supposed to be a quick pick up. Forty-five minutes I'm still there waiting, my van is outside burning valuable gas and they still don't have my meds ready. I was madder than a pack of wet hornets! I told them that if this is a sample of their future service I'll be moving my prescription needs to Walgreen's. I only used Don's because the pharmacist, Don Goins was an old friend of mine. He was never late with my meds and he always had time for some conversation and I never had a problem calling my prescriptions in by phone. This morning it took thirty minutes just to get off hold! If this is what I can expect from them in the future I can just as easily take my business elsewhere. I have other things to do besides waiting overtime for something that should have already been done.

Train wise the only things I got done today was put Kadee wheels on an AHM 40' boxcar and I repaired most of the damage to my antique metal Bachmann 0-6-0. It had a cylinder broken off and one of the steps on the pilot was badly bent and broken on one side. If I try to straighten it the step will probably break off completely. The repair of the cylinder was a simple case of reattaching it with some super glue.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow providing something doesn't screw that up as well.

[Image: DSCN3268.jpg]

[Image: DSCN3338.jpg]

[Image: DSCN3229.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - model-a - 02-15-2014

Good morning guy's we are going through the same thing we always went to the small town family owed drug store with this new Obama thing there not on our list so we could keep going there but we would have to pay full price. Guess that's the way to keep the small family businesses open must be some kind of Government thing going on Hmmmmmm. Curse ok I'm done be back later racing on TV today yes Thumbsup

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-15-2014

RB, just a suggestion, but our local Walmart takes phone orders by punching in your prescription numbers without you waiting on hold, then calls you when they are ready. "Someone in your household has .. prescriptions ready, the total cost is .....", and they're waiting for you when you get there. Not only that, but a lot of their meds have costs less than what the insurance co-pays are. Especially since a lot of my medicine co-pays have gone up as much as 400%. Other co-pays like doctor visits and hospitalization has only gone up around 20%. All this thanks to the current thought of "leveling the playing field" when it comes to HMO's for seniors.

Anyway, good morning folks, I hope everyone has a great weekend planned, and for those of you that are still shoveling snow....I hope it doesn't spoil things for you. Big Grin For us, we have unseasonably high temps. We tied a record yesterday of 85 and should be in the mid to high 80's until the middle of next week. We not only have that, but the cost of living here is much lower than places like New York, Washington DC or Boston. I'm just saying..... Misngth

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 02-15-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have bright sun but only 9 degrees.
Holy Batman did you know this HOBO Camp Fire would be banned on another well know place.
I'm sorry but they have gone from silly to stupid there.
I'm doing laundry this morning, Granny sorts, I wash and dry.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-15-2014

Morning all. Rain and warm. Snohio is gone or going [big piles melting fast]. Sorry for all those getting more.

Been lazy all morning. Cooked bologna, egg and cheese sandwich for breakfast. Plenty of mustard.

Going to Harbor Freight later today for 20% off sale.

Hope all have a great day and weekend.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 02-15-2014

Good morning. It's 46° with 58% humidity. The high will be 62° with some clouds.
[Image: cond026.gif]

Nothing special going on today. Later today I intend to see what I'll have to do to open the outside wall on the rear corner. Looks like screws and rolled seams. The panels back there are pretty badly warped and buckled. Photos I've taken of it don't do it justice. Taking the panel loose at the top will be next to impossible. That area has a large piece of stainless steel flashing that joins it to the original trailer roof and is held in place with lots of fibered roofing tar. It's likely the only thing that kept the wall and roof together when the tree hit.

Keeping an eye on the FedEx tracking site. It'll be interesting to see if they deliver the box I'm waiting on or come up with another excuse as to why they can't. It's nothing important, just an empty (so I was told) computer case. If it does have other parts still attached they'll either go in the trash or the parts box depending on their condition.

[Image: P1012738.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 02-15-2014

Well FedEx has done it again. Two days in a row they've said they can't deliver here due to local weather delays. Both days sunny, not even so much as a speck on the weather radar. So now it'll be delivered on Tuesday IF there's no weather delay. Attempted to contact someone at the FedEx office in Alexandria. No answer. Customer service says there's nobody there. That was nearly an hour I'll never see again. From now on I'm telling anyone sending me anything NOT to send it by FedEx. I'm fed up with their excuses.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 02-15-2014

Just to clear something up
I'm not talking about the guys that post on that other forum.........It's just the very silly rules management has posted.
It's 22 degrees and the sun is setting.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - model-a - 02-15-2014

Been napping all day off and on almost time for the race guess everybody running Hendricks engines are sweating it out right now three blown today Tony,Danica,and Terry L. be interesting tonight. later gator Cheers

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 02-15-2014

Hey blue had a earthquake here in S.C. last night around 10:25 PM 4.1 on the scale and no Kevin that wasn't me producing a bunch of hot air. Icon_lol

Well bought a train set last night that I been wanting to replace seeing I sold the engine to this old fart I felt sorry for who really wanted it so now will have double cars and I will have 7, 10" straight fastrack to sell 1 terminal track and a circle of O-48 fast track ( 12 pieces) and a CW-80 transformer all brand new makes like a 50" by 90" oval so not bad but I don't use fastrack.

Not much else going on here today reached 51 today suppose to be 60 tomorrow looking forward to that. Wife wants to go to the flea market tomorrow so it will at least be a decent day for it.

I'm calling it a night. A pinched nerve in my neck is acting up again and I can barely hold my head up without sharp pain all the way down to my knees. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: IMAG0016-2.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 02-15-2014

Quakes in South Carolina and sink holes swallowing up the corvete museum, what is going on, supposed to warm up here by the middle of next week.

Train news the tracks are abandoned(temporally) and the locos are quite. Not much else going on here just kinda existing and taking up space.

It snowed a good bit last night even the deer were gathered up together trying to stay warm in a field by the road.

Can not wait for spring, so I can work outside, I need to build some book and media storage shelves for books(electronics, robotics and computers, TRAINS of course, art and cartooning, nasa/space history and a few odd history books such as Cherokee the people of the written word, Celtic warriors, and some business books) and DVDs(mostly Sci-Fi, a few westerns and a bunch of recent action movies basically a little of everything from The complete animated series Dilbert to a VHS copy of O' Brother where art thou) and yes I have all the Star wars and lord of the rings DVDs they have been watched several times over.

Time to call it a night.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-15-2014

Snow gone. Had sunny afternoon. Off to bed. Sleep tight.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - model-a - 02-16-2014

Good morning to all got the coffee going time for something to eat and see what happened in Russia last night hope we won some more Gold or Silver, or Bronze cold here this morning. Be around later dudes. Goldth Goldth