The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-16-2014

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 14 degrees outside my window this morning. High for today is supposed to be in the mid 20s. Freezing rain, sleet, and snow are on the way for tonight then starting tomorrow a warming trend with highs in the 30s and 40s through Friday.

Ran the snow blower yesterday and then did a few indoor projects for My Fair Lady. No major plans for today.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 02-16-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have lite snow and 17 degrees.
There seems to be an endless supply of snow this season.
No outdoor plans for the day so at least a little time will be spent in the train room.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - model-a - 02-16-2014

Of course I'm staying in side the hip just won't ease up must the cold weather, so taking another pain pill. The race was no good for me Jr got wrecked and Harvick didn't run good, guess Danica mad at boyfriend he ran all over her prolly be a long night for them LOL they still get paid if it where the old days If you didn't finish good you didn't get paid oh well I didn't get paid to watch them. Shoot

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-16-2014

Good Sunday morning all, I hope all is going fine for everyone. Still a bit chilly back east from the weather reports. I wish you all well in dealing with that kind of weather. We're dealing with record heat here, probably got as hot here as down under in Oz. Some places in the valley got to 89 yesterday, while we went into the official record books as 87 at Sky Harbor Airport. I always wonder why they use the temps at the airport as the official ones. That place is nothing but concrete from end to end with hot jet exhaust heating up everything in sight. I remember when Bullhead City had the highest temps in the state until they moved their official weather station over to some shaded grassy area, then remarkably, their "official" temps dropped. Icon_lol No one likes to brag about the hottest city in the state, unless, of course, it's during the wintertime.... 357

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - model-a - 02-16-2014

It's going to warm up for this week they say like in the low 70s or warmer ok by me. :hey:

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 02-16-2014

Good morning. It's 64° with 83% humidity. The high will be 72° and cloudy.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg]

No plans for today. Having trouble concentrating this morning. Woke up with blood sugar level of 45. No surprise that my vision was almost black and white. My neck doesn't feel much better but at least the nerve pain doesn't seem to be as bad.

[Image: IMAG0004.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 02-16-2014

For those interested in warmer weather you're quite welcome to come here. It's 68° at this time and we're looking at a high of 75° through Thursday. While that's on the mild side here I imagine it's probably beach front weather for you folks up north where the snow is falling.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-16-2014

Running Bear Wrote:For those interested in warmer weather you're quite welcome to come here. It's 68° at this time and we're looking at a high of 75° through Thursday. While that's on the mild side here I imagine it's probably beach front weather for you folks up north where the snow is falling.

I'd take him up on this offer. Great food, nice weather and just a fine place to visit. I'd go there just to cool off a bit, not even giving any thought to the food there.... Icon_lol Well, maybe just a little... 357 OK, I'd go there even if it was freezing, just to get some of that seafood.... 2285_

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 02-16-2014

Hi all.

Snowed a little tonight, in the morning possible snow flurries changing over to cold rain by afternoon and early evening just in time for the drive to work.

Froze while pumping gas in truck this afternoon.

Made an attempt to organize books and media today, got a good start 8 books on Robotics, a ton of electronics stuff including my old text books from DeVry and vocational High School. The next biggest groupings non train wise is computers, art/cartooning, business books, auto motive stuff, general history. Train stuff is more then half of my personal library and that is just books have not got to the movies and software, music is easy I only have a few CD's Johnny cash and various bluegrass songs.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chuck - 02-16-2014

It was 27 degrees here in Western Michigan -- I almost broke out the shorts! It felt pretty warm compared to the weather we've been having. Now there is talk of upwards 0f nearly 40 degrees this week! Flip flop weather!

Chuck

Spent a bunch of time working outside today. A lot was done and there's still much to do. The damaged outside wall is much stronger now. It's not rebuilt by any means but it has four 6'5" and two 5'8" new studs in it now and 7' of the bottom beam was replaced and some spray-in foam insulation was added. The top part of the wall where the impact was is too badly damaged to do anything with so there's a wood brace in there supporting what's left. That's the reason for the two shorter studs. I had to stop a couple of times while my help continued. That's about $600 already and the roof hasn't even been touched yet. I didn't want to do anything up there until I'm comfortable with the wall. The wall is much more stable now and has been closed up. As for myself, I went through two sugar crashes today. One this morning (45) and the other about an hour ago (56). I think I'll wait a few days before tackling that project again. Oh I'm gonna be feeling this in the morning.

Time for me to call it a night, sore body and all. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: IMAG0018.jpg]

[Image: DSCN4584.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - model-a - 02-17-2014

Good morning to ya'll slept good last night first in a while it's about time 36 degrees here getting warmer this week that's a good thing. Hope everyone has a good Monday and the rest of the week, Ok guy's I'll be around later Thumbsup

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 02-17-2014

Good morning. It's 59° with 100% humidity with patchy fog. The high will be 75° and it'll be cloudy.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg]

I'm sore and stiff this morning. I can only imagine how the guy who helped me yesterday must be feeling. I say helped. He did most of the work! All I did was hold the aluminum wall panels back while he squatted in behind them pulling out pieces of broken boards and putting in new ones. Sorry, no photos. There wasn't much to see anyway. He didn't want any photos taken of him, not even of his squatted legs which was all that was visible while he was working. I just held the outer wall so it didn't push against him and I passed a board to him once in a while. At the end of the day there was only a small pile of broken studs and a couple of guys with aching arms and legs, a couple of empty sandwich wrappers and a few empty beer cans and a bunch of empty spray foam cans. In all there were six broken studs, the tops of which are still in the wall. The new ones were pushed up into the wall against what's left of the existing top plate and levered into place on the new bottom plate using a hydraulic jack and secured with screws at the bottom. I guarantee that someone like Mike Holmes would look at it and say that it's not done right. And it's not. To do it right would mean taking the whole back of the trailer apart and rebuilding it roof and all. That's not gonna happen. The goal was to increase the structural integrity of the wall. Are the outer panels still bent and buckled? Yes. Is the wall still on the verge of falling down? No. Will the warped window frame be replaced? No. Why didn't the window break? It's polycarbonate and it was filled in with foam from the inside years ago. Probably the only reason the frame didn't collapse. The existing roof of the trailer won't be messed with as the seams don't appear to be split. The over-roof however is a different story. Two of the galvanized corrugated steel sheets are badly damaged, a third one is bent but can be saved. Those other two will have to be replaced and that means two people on ladders. Oh joy. Part of the wood frame has to be repaired also. That's the easy part though.

Well that's enough for now.

[Image: IMAG0005.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-17-2014

Good morning everyone. Happy "Presidents Day". I remember when we had Washington's and Lincoln's birthdays in February, it meant two days off from school for us back then. 2285_ I guess we no longer honor them as individuals but along with all the other presidents, good or bad. I saw a piece on TV yesterday about Millard Filmore, yeah, he was one of our presidents. The highlight of his administration is that he was able to lower the price of a postage stamp. :o Beyond that, he was a mess being pro-slavery and anti-Catholic among other things. Yet we get to honor him along with Washington and Lincoln. :cry: Somehow I get lost in the current thinking in Washington DC. Can they continue to screw up our lives more than they already have by limiting our choices and what we can and cannot do while keeping all options open for themselves?

Time to get off my soapbox for today. I guess I should write a blog, but then probably nobody would read it, so it's easier to express my opinions here. :mrgreen:

Have a good week ya'll.... Thumbsup Thumbsup