The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-24-2014

Morning all. Sunny and real warm. May do some outside painting today. Yes, rub it in. You Yanks are doing a charge south as the week progresses. Going to be cold by weekend. Think all the bad stuff is staying north of NC. Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-24-2014

Depending on who you listen to, we'll have rain this coming Friday, Saturday and Sunday, on any or all days. The only thing they agree on is that we will be in the 80's through to the weekend and drop down into the very low 70's around Sunday. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...... Sad

Ahhh, the rain shows up just in time for baseball spring training which start on Thursday. I don't really care one way or the other, the only benefit that I can see is that they promise to open all the blocked lanes on one major intersection that they've been working on for months. During spring training, traffic gets backed up around a mile there before game time with all lanes open as it is. I've lived in Arizona for the best part of 60 years and have never gone to a spring training game, even though we live but about two miles from one stadium. It's not that I don't like baseball, I just don't like it enough to deal with crowds. That, plus it's not cheap. I see where you can pay close to $100 for a good seat, just to watch a practice game, yet people come in from all over the continent to do just that.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 02-24-2014

Rain most of the week here but Saturday and Sunday look dry with the highs in the 60's.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 02-24-2014

Sun is shining, sky is partly cloudy, Mercury is trying to escape through the bottom of the thermometer, the "great Snow Melt" really didn't happen, and the "Polar Vortex" has planned a return visit.
Spring will arrive Smile ...........but it might be a minute or five Wink ...late. Confusedhock:
The up side ? Big Grin Big Grin models are getting built. Cheers Cheers ,and I haven't had to make a stop at the local gas station for an extended period of time ! Icon_twisted Wink 357 357

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 02-24-2014

I had a bit of an alarming experience this morning. The a/c unit came on and I noticed immediately that it sounded somewhat strange. I looked over at it and saw that it was about to fall out of the window! All that was was holding it was the thick caulking I'd put across the top when it was installed. Went out and looked at it and saw that the 2x4 that held it up had fallen over. It had been under there tight. Could've been knocked loose by the tree hit. That had made everything jump. I'm still finding stuff that was damaged by that impact. A dozen locos that were on the layout at the time were knocked over on their sides. They seem to run OK. The same can't be said for most of the locos that were in the display rack right under where the tree hit. Most of them were damaged, some were destroyed. And my nephew wonders why I don't have anything good to say to him.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 02-24-2014

Well we will try this again I accidentally deleted my post this morning before hitting post so will try again. Anyway evening all ( was morning this am lol) as far as Meets I have been here just shy of 6 years end of may will be 6 years. they have 2 different meets a year here one by local TCA and one by AMROC ( Associate Model Railroaders of Columbia ( Columbia, SC ) the first one has tables and allows selling and buying of train items and they have a meet the 22nd of March and now that I'm retired and don't work weekends I can go for the first time they charge $3 and free parking and have door prizes on the hour and at noon its $50 and 1:15 they have a $100 drawing. So may go just to see what's what at least it sounds interesting. The other group has a open hose type thing like the first week of December and its free but its mainly from what I understand to see there club house and large layouts as they do all from n to G so that could be interesting to go see in Dec. They might be a good group to join also as they meet on Thursday nights and they have a real big layout. First things first lol.

Today been a normal day did make dinner for the wife and surprised her again took a steak out a couple of days ago so it could thaw well she went to lay down as had a head ache so I cut the steak into 1/4" strips and about 3" long at the most and dredge it in flour, salt, and pepper then put it in a frying pan with a little oil and sliced onions and peppers from the freezer and let it cook down and then added beef gravy to it and cooked some brown rice she really liked that ( pepper steak on rice) she's use to getting the little pre-frozen ones at the store this she said was so much better and she never expected it. Now I'm not working and the stress has gone down some in me I enjoy doing things like this every so often she's not complaining either Big Grin

Well that's about it for tonight talk to you all later.

Well as I'd said about the a/c unit earlier, it was about to fall out of the window. If it had that would've been the end of it right there as it would've fallen on the crank for the trailers landing leg. The coils wouldn't have liked that at all. But I was able to rescue it in time. It's primary support is a 2x4 that stands on the trailer tongue where the gas bottle was located. The 2x4 has been wedged back into place and is supporting the load once more. This time I put some glue on the top of it so the board and the a/c unit are stuck with each other.

Nothing much happened today other than what I've already reported.

I did have a slight problem with the //e. Drive 1 on slot 7 wouldn't boot up unless I entered a boot command manually and forced it to do so. Did a full diagnostics check and nothing showed up negative. Changed out the drive card on slot 7 and now drive 1, slot 7 boots up as it's supposed to. Power-up in the morning will tell the tale. If a normal boot-up the problem is in the card. If not then I may be changing the motherboard out. That's about a half hour operation. Fifteen minutes if I push it. The issue wasn't effecting anything else and was very specific so I'm 90% certain it's the card. The replacement card as well as the cards in slots 6 and 5 are 100% operable.

Went to town today to mail off a package to some place in New York state. Also topped up the vans gas tank with ten gallons of regular.

That's it for today. Time to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: DSCN0988.jpg]

[Image: DSCN3270.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-25-2014

KRM Wrote:
rtraincollector Wrote:
Now I'm not working and the stress has gone down some in me I enjoy doing things like this every so often she's not complaining either Big Grin

RT, A bit of advice, I always liked doing that stuff too, but since I retired 5 years ago and she has not, I don't think the wife has made twenty meals since. Eek
The only good thing is I know I will like what we are having because I am making it. 357

Plop, Plop, Fizz, Fizz. Alka Seltzer, Oh what a relief it is. 357

Reclinerized too long. Off to bed. Early breakfast meeting and then trip to western NC to ammo and powder distributor. Back in the afternoon.

Sleep tight.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 02-25-2014

ID'd the problem with the //e. Power supply. I let it cool down for a couple of hours then restarted the system. Nothing wanted to work but the //e's power light was flashing rapidly. Then after a minute had elapsed things started working. Checked the power supply with a meter and sure enough it was down on amps but getting stronger as it warmed up. Yep, time to change that puppy out. Guess that explains why it was on sale NIB for $30 when I bought it a couple years ago. Changed it out and the //e is running good and strong now. No start up problems. Good thing I keep some of the non-vented power supplies around. Only the one I put in isn't non-vented anymore. I drilled a boatload of holes in it so the heat can dissipate freely.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-25-2014

Good morning all. We're in the mid-50's right now at around 5:30, and still going to be over 80 later today. The big new on the weather front is that they are forecasting up to 70% chance of rain for this weekend, especially Saturday. Last Saturday we went up to the range and did some trap shooting. Unfortunately, a lot of other folks had the same idea and we could only shoot two rounds before we gave up and left. This is not the time of the year to go to the range, especially on weekends. They have a really large RV area and a lot of folks come from out of town and park there for a few months and travel around Arizona for the different meets, trap, skeet and sporting clays. There is also several large pistol and rifle ranges including long distance rifle plus a large archery range. The facility covers close to 2000 acres and is maintained by the state.

Anyway, I wonder what all those people are going to do when it rains this weekend? Tongue

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 02-25-2014

Good morning. It's 55° with 85% humidity. The high will be 62°.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg] with [Image: cond50.jpg]

Looks like it might be a bit wet today.

Finally got to bed around 3am. I checked my blood sugar around 8:30p and it was it was a little high (143) but within the limits my doc set. Had a peanut butter sandwich before bed this morning. Didn't even think about touching the insulin. Checked my blood sugar at 7:30 and it was 52. WTH! If anything it should have been in the high safe range, not in the danger range. That's what the doc's can't figure. Seems like what works for others doesn't work the same for me.

No plans for today. Guess I'll just see what Murphy throws at me next.

[Image: DSCN0090.jpg]

[Image: P4190139.jpg]

[Image: DSCN4177.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 02-25-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have sun and 17 degrees.
Warmer weather is not on our 10 day forecast at all.
No train news this morning so I will just wander off into the sunset.
S.J.

Been working non my mothers old IIe today, getting it cleaned up. First photo below was taken at my fathers place, the second was taken today. Nearly all the yellow mottling from oxidation is gone. It has a newly refurbished keyboard. Everything works.

[Image: DSCN5465.jpg]

[Image: DSCN3274.jpg]

It's even cleaned up inside.
[Image: DSCN3276.jpg]
I think the last time it was this clean was the early-mid 80's.

Got a call from my sister today. She had 'an issue' with her computer. It runs Vista and everything was fine up the log-on screen. She'd put in her name and password and it would start then go right back to the log-on screen and display a message that the user profile couldn't be loaded. After messing around with it for a bit I put it in 'Safe Mode' and went to 'System Restore' and selected a point in time that the system had started correctly the restarted it. That was all it took. Now the system is working again. My payment will be dinner the next time they go out for dinner. That's good with me.