The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-25-2014

Kev, my wife knows how to drive it and finally learned how to gas it up since she has retired and couldn't get a co-worker to ride and gas it up for her. No joke. It was either me or a co-worker. BURRR

Long day. Went to western NC to distributor and got powder, projectiles and ammo. Did pick up a case of .17 WSM for my new rifle. Whole sale price wa why I got a case.

Later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 02-25-2014

Nothing more happened today than what I've reported already. The //e is running fine since I changed out the power supply early this morning.

Time to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P4290283.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-26-2014

Morning all. Cloudy and slight chance of flurries. Clearing by noon with high of 47. Feel for you Yanks. Seems more cold and snow headed your way. Stay warm and dry. Off to the farms to work cameras, feeders and shoot pesty squirrels.

Later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-26-2014

Good morning everyone. Here we are at "hump day" again. it used to mean something when we had our business and was working, but now, it's just another day of the week. We know it's Saturday when Peggy does the laundry and it's Sunday because we're headed to church. Big Grin Weather-wise, we're still going to be pushing 80 for the next few days, but Saturday's forecast says 68 and rain. I sure hope so, we're down almost 2" so far this year. That's about 25% of our yearly total. It sure is going to screw up a lot of Spring Training games though... :o

Chief Eagles Wrote:...Long day. Went to western NC to distributor and got powder, projectiles and ammo. Did pick up a case of .17 WSM for my new rifle. Whole sale price wa why I got a case.

Later

Some calibers are easier to find than others. We have one dealer selling things like 9MM and .38 special by the case lot. I was able to pick up some 9MM at Walmart this week with only 2 guys in line ahead of me, but no .22 rimfire. Some other stuff like, .17 and .223 and even .45 are on the shelf there. Cabela's is the same way. Pricewise, what was $9.95 a while back is now $14.95 :cry: ; still, Walmart is the best deal in town if they have what you want.

I'm OK for now, but until this shortage lets up, I'll buy what I can, when I can. Big Grin

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 02-26-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have sun and 8 degrees.
It's cold and looks like it's gonna stay that way.
No news from the outside world except our evening chats.
Nothing new from the train store.
Happy Hump Day
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-26-2014

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and -6 this morning. The NWS is claiming a high of 23 for today but I have a hunch that's a misprint. Highs for the remainder of the week are supposed to not get above 10. Looking at Weather Underground's long term forecast shows no major warming for almost two weeks.

Finally feeling well enough to go back to the gym. No other pans as yet. Yesterday I did work on some new tree stumps for the outdoor railroad. My Fair Lady bought some Christmas trees and wanted them on a flat car but didn't like the base. So I cut that off and am making some new trunks form wooden dowels. So far she seems to like that better.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 02-26-2014

Good morning. It's 36° with 100% humidity. Wind chill 29°. The high will be 45°. Cloudy with a fair chance of rain.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg] with [Image: cond50.jpg]

My plan for today is to stay warm and dry. Other than that I have nothing planned but I'm sure something will pop up.

[Image: P5010294.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 02-26-2014

Good evening all,

New toon by this weekend maybe 2.

No new train news here and no new projects until I can complete some in progress in the ones I have already started Misngth

Cold here but dry and windy. Work is as usual no excitement no problems.

Hope all are warm dry and safe.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 02-26-2014

Nothing special went on today. Went into town to make a bank deposit then went to my fathers place to check my mail. Only things worth looking at were my bank statement and the insurance cards for the van.

Gonna be a chilly night. Low temp will be 30. High tomorrow is looking like mid 50's. No rain at least.

Time to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P5010297.jpg]

[Image: DSCN3288.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-26-2014

Long day. Off to bed. Early out in the AM for meeting in Raleigh.

Days, this is the new .17 Winchester Super mag. Not .17 HMR.

Sleep tight.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-27-2014

Good morning all, right now we're at 53° with highs in the upper 70's. The rain in the forecast starts tomorrow with a very unusual 100% chance of rain by tomorrow night. Usually these guys leave themselves a bit of wiggle room, but not this time. We'll see....

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 02-27-2014

Good morning. It's 32° with 79% humidity. The high will be 55° with a few clouds.
[Image: cond026.gif]

No real plans today. I may do some restorative work on one of the //e's later. My mothers old A2S2064 and my A2S2128 look like they just came off the factory line. I'd like to get the others looking that good.

I could go grocery shopping today but I'll probably put that off til the weekend when it'll be warmer.

[Image: P4280248.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 02-27-2014

Good morning all,

Light coat of snow being blown around in the wind, do not know the temp but is cold with a wind chill.

Not much else going on here.

Gas was $3.60 a gallon most places in town last night.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 02-27-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have sun but a bitter cold wind is blowing. A Hi of 12 for today. Oh joy.
A very busy chat last night about layout plans, kept me going right to bed time.
I have not done any layout room cleaning this week, just not motivated.
Nothing from my favorite toy store. I guess we reached our Hi early this morning. It is now 8 degrees.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 02-27-2014

Well I have been to the DR.'s already this am and to the store for a couple of things so my task for outing's are done for the day. Not much else going on here need to go do some digging in the train room for a couple of engines lol. Need to see what's going to be done with them the plan so far is to send one engine and 2 shells to a friend and let him bead blast the one shell and do what ever he wants with other shell and engine. Well time to get moving talk to you all later