The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-27-2014

Afternoon all. Long day. Morning at Human Services Board retreat. Actually should be spelled BORED!!! Icon_lol Then came home and took Wifey to Applebee's and then plundering through stores. ACE opened back up today in Roseyville. Everyone happy. Started off cold [mid 20's] but got to high 40's with sun. No trains today.

Hit the road tomorrow to Charlotte. Back Sunday night. Bass Pro Shops event.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 02-27-2014

A couple of months ago I downloaded an Apple II Mega-rom pack that contains DSK files of nearly all the software available for the Apple II series computers. Today I went into it in search of games and copied enough to fill seven diskettes. What's shown in these two photos isn't even the tip of the iceberg. There are thousands of titles. Many of them require a joystick. Since I don't have one I know what my next computer related purchase will be.

[Image: DSCN3290.jpg]

[Image: DSCN3292.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 02-27-2014

Nothing much went on today. Went to my fathers place for tacos, copied some DSK files from my pc and loaded them to my //e in the form of games that I copied onto floppy disks. As I said, not much went on.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P4250230.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-28-2014

Good morning all. I hope you all have a great weekend planned. For us, not much difference from any other weekend. Last weekend we missed the NASCAR race, this weekend we are sure to miss out on the Oscars. :o Not that we don't care, it's just that... uhhh, yeah, I guess that's it, we really don't care. Nope The hype is just a little over the top I guess and we can't see a bunch of very overpaid actors getting awards just for doing their jobs. Suppose we had a national award ceremony on TV for auto mechanics, store clerks, computer programmers, office workers or some other everyday job? Yet we have multiple award ceremonies for those who have acting jobs. The Tonys, the Emmeys, the Oscars, the People's Choice and it goes on from there. Anyway, just watching the pre-award hype is all we need. Icon_lol

Have a good weekend all, and if you do watch the Oscars, let me know how they turn out...

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-28-2014

Morning. Cold and sunny. Off to Charlotte Bass Pro Shops to work until Sunday. Hope all you Yanks stay warm. Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-28-2014

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and cool this morning at +9. Overnight low was -6 so it's warming rapidly. Along with the warmer air we are going to get some more snow. NWS is predicting maybe as much as 5 inches.

Nothing happening around here lately and nothing will probably happen today.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 02-28-2014

Good morning. It's 41° with 91% humidity. The high will be 65°, cloudy with a chance of rain.
[Image: pcloudy-1.jpg] with [Image: cond20.jpg]

Only item of interest (to me anyway) is a //e motherboard I've been working on for some time. It's only partially populated with chips. The 8k RAM chips are easy. I have a bunch of them. The processor however is proving to be elusive.Oh I have several but I want the R65C02 (338-6503) that was made by Rockwell. Naturally I didn't find one in my pile of chips. I got a 'donation' box of chips yesterday. I'm hoping there's one in it.

Later I'll be busy cleaning some locos. They haven't been run for over seven months and have collected quite a bit of dust. The tree hit didn't do them any good either. So I'll probably be opening them up to see if there's any internal damage. The Bachmann GP7's, GP38-2's and GP40's as well as well as the old Atlas/Roco FP7's seemingly survived the impact unscathed. A couple of the newer Atlas locos didn't fare so well and one, a rebuilt U30C was totally destroyed. My Atlas SD24, rebuilt to an SD27J didn't fare well either though it is salvageable.

[Image: DSCN0981.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - yellowlynn - 02-28-2014

I always find time to keep up with BB, but it seems like the last 4 months everything that can get in my way, does. I was to get an epidural for my back, - blood in urine - infection. Found cause when pacemaker/ defibrilater broke out thru skin. 9 days in hosp (over Thanksgiving) getting that out and infection cleared. Day after Christmas got new P/D put in other side. January I had some free days. Blood tests, CT Scans, and a catheter up my ..... , and next Tuesday he goes up there again to take out some cancerous polyps. That means catheters for at least the next 6 months. Maybe in a couple weeks I can get some of this pain out of my back.

Monday, my LL (lovely lady) got vertigo so now I have to drive everywhere, and take her in for 1 1/2 hour treatments. Can't find time for a 2 hour stint for a recall on my truck.

You youngsters can snicker, but when it takes 20 minutes to walk from one end of a medium size house to the other, you find that NOTHING gets done fast. Eek

Oh yeah! With blood thinner, in Texas even cool is cold On that one, I'll let you youngsters in the nawth chuckle, and even let out a guffaw or two.

With that, this is YELLOWLYNN signing off until his next semi-annual newscast, or until some smirker says something to which I must take umbrage. That means "taking offense" to you lesser informed. 357 357 357

Lynn

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 02-28-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have bright sun and 5 degrees.
I don't see any big adventures on my calender for today.
A nice chat last night, I don't like mentioning names cause it can be different each night but,
I think it was just Charlie and Brutus,maybe Kevin last night. RT joins us often and the others from time to time.
Ahh yes tomorrow is March 1st, finally.
S.J.

Lynn, I can relate to what you're saying, more than you'll even know. I was thinking yesterday of having my cardiologist put my name on a reserved parking spot because I'm there that often Icon_lol . I understand what you're going though, growing old is not for the faint of heart. I wish you and your wife the best.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - yellowlynn - 02-28-2014

Yes, and I know there are many more out there worse than us. One thing tho, I can rise each morning and thank God that I'm still alive, happy as can be, have freedom and capabilities to do many things, and just rejoice in it all.

Just got back from dr. office, and the vertigo has just about disappeared. Less than a week, and last trime it was about 10 months. HAPPY! HAPPY! HAPPY!

Lynn

yellowlynn Wrote:Yes, and I know there are many more out there worse than us. One thing tho, I can rise each morning and thank God that I'm still alive, happy as can be, have freedom and capabilities to do many things, and just rejoice in it all.

Just got back from dr. office, and the vertigo has just about disappeared. Less than a week, and last trime it was about 10 months. HAPPY! HAPPY! HAPPY!

Lynn
We live in a area surrounded by retirement communities and so most everyone you see around the hospitals and medical buildings are the older generation. I may start feeling a bit bummed out with one medical issue or another, then I see many people there that have canes, use a walker or wheelchair, or are tethered to an oxygen tank ,and then I feel blessed that I can move on my own and don't have nearly the problems these other folks have. Like you say, no matter how bad our situations are, there are others in worse shape than us. The discouraging thing is, that, good or bad, things don't improve much as you get older. Nope

Glad to hear the vertigo is going away. Thumbsup

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 02-28-2014

Got the chip! Motherboard #6 is almost complete.
[Image: DSCN3295.jpg]

Checked out the Bachmann diesels. GP7's are OK. GP40's are OK. GP38-2, found a crack in the side of the front truck. Put a little super glue gel in it and clamped it and let it dry. Tested it and it's good now.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 02-28-2014

I'm at my daughter's house, "dog sitting" while she and her husband are on the vacation trip to NYC, that he won. things are a bit different with high speed internet !!!
This laptop view screen, even though smaller than the terminal of my home computer, has a much sharper appearance. I think I will en joy high speed once I get it installed at home. Pictures load so much quicker! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Time to show you my latest and probably last computer project. I guess you could say this //e has an identity crisis. The motherboard is from an A2S2128 and the case is for an A2S2064. The memory card is for an Apple //e so it's right at home but the printer card, CP/m card and drive card are pre-1980 and are really for an Apple II or II+. But they do work OK in the //e. Also, the case is from 1982 and board is from 1986.

Now I said at the beginning of this that this will probably be the last one I build. There's several reasons for that. My stock of parts has run out. I have no money to buy more. All the money I have is for home repair and emergency use and that's what it'll be used for. I don't have much space to store these in and let's face it, there's not many if anybody here who shares my passion for these old computers. So this one will be the last and you won't be besieged with any more photos of them unless it's something special.

Now, the two photos of the last build.

[Image: DSCN3301.jpg]

[Image: DSCN3298.jpg]