The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 03-06-2014

Good morning. It's 41° with 100% humidity and patchy fog. The high will be 52°, cloudy with a fair chance of rain.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg] with a [Image: cond50.jpg]

Nothing planned for today unless the GP9 arrives which I somehow doubt. Regardless I have the couplers, decoder and weather powder ready.

Blood sugar reading this morning is 128. Exactly what it was when I checked it at 10:45 last night. What are the odds of that happening?

[Image: P1010107.jpg]

[Image: aeg50-1.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-06-2014

Good morning everyone, now that we're on the downside of Hump Day, I wonder how quickly the weekend will pass by. :o I keep talking about how fast time flies the older you get, and I have proof that I'm not the only one that thinks this way. Here's the Frank & Ernest cartoon for this morning:
[Image: 2c1f90a07bc80131fbec005056a9545d]

Even so, I think we'll still have 24 hours in each day for this weekend, which is comforting to know Thumbsup . Other than that, the weather forecast is good, it's 60 right now with a high in the low 80's. Just right for the folks that are here for Spring Training. No records in the forecast though. Today's record high is 93 set back in 1972.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 03-06-2014

ezdays Wrote:Other than that, the weather forecast is good, it's 60 right now with a high in the low 80's. Just right for the folks that are here for Spring Training. No records in the forecast though. Today's record high is 93 set back in 1972.
If you decide you want some cooler weather you can come here. This weekend it's going to be in the high 50's with lows in the high 40's and only a small chance of rain, 20-30% range.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 03-06-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have bright sun and 21 degrees.
Lionel was no different during the years they spent in Michigan. Many a good employee was sent through their revolving doors.
I knew many of them loyal to the company, in and out like a mass transit coach during rush hour.
A short but fun chat last night.
S.J.

The GP9 has arrived. UP fans take a last look. It won't look like this much longer.

[Image: DSCN3355.jpg]

I got the GP9 done, for now. Did a simple patch for the L&A, added some dirty yellow weathering for a subtle effect, installed Kadee 148 couplers and a Digitrax DZ125 decoder. This time I went ahead and used the 8-pin connector that came with the decoder. I got the shell to seat by cutting a hole in the top of the shell for the connector to come up through. The dynamic housing covers up most of it. The front row of pins was showing a little so I painted them black to make them less obvious. The only effect on top is that the dynamic brake housing is closer to the forward exhaust stack.

[Image: DSCN3360.jpg]

Nothing more today than what I've already covered. The GP9 and the GP7 I did yesterday are both running fine. Other than working on the locos I watched some TV and played some games on the //e.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1010105.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-06-2014

Good night all. been trying to check in on US Airways new improved faster check in site. Guess what? You guessed it. Does not work. 35 Will try tomorrow AM.

Sleep tight.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 03-06-2014

Good evening all.

Will be warmer for a few days and then right back into cold rain and snow.

I got my On30 annual for 2014 highlights of the issue are a article on customizing/bashing O scale figures, and a neat story about the A-OK coral a cattle industry on a narrow gauge line lots of cool details.

Speaking of O scale I found a new to me anyway free online mag and the issues can be downloaded as pdfs for free it is called The O scale resource and they have 4 issues so far, however it is a 2 rail O scale publication.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-07-2014

Good morning to y'all. Not much to talk about from here, same-o, same-o...lows in the 50's, highs in the 80's. Not that it's bad, to be sure, we're running close to 10 degrees above average, and there's no complaints there. Nope

Chief Eagles Wrote:Good night all. been trying to check in on US Airways new improved faster check in site. Guess what? You guessed it. Does not work. 35 Will try tomorrow AM.

Sleep tight.

I thought that since the merger with American Airlines, there would be only one place to do all that. One of these days, there's going to be only one airline what with all these mergers that have taken place. I don't know how many there was before this, but I think the US Airways corporate headquarters in Tempe had changeable letters on their building to accommodate all the mergers prior to this one. Eek

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-07-2014

Morning. Cold rain. Icy west and north of us. Kids in VA are never going back to school.

Their new fast easier check in does not work with my new version of IE. Had to use FireFox. Icon_lol

Packed and ready to go. Will head to the airport later. My understanding is FL. will be fair and a lot warmer. Thumbsup

Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-07-2014

Greetings, gang.

Partly cloudy and 32 degrees outside my window this morning. High for today is supposed to be about 37 by early afternoon and then the temperature will start to fall with rain, freezing rain, sleet, and snow all in the forecast for tonight. Good day to stay home.

Looks to be pretty quiet around here for the next couple of days. My Fair Lady has the house all clean and shiny. Only thing left to do is pack for the trip. We're leaving Monday and will be gone for a couple of weeks. Hopefully by the time we get back most of the snow will be gone.

Had a good news/bad news day yesterday. I have been turning my house upside down for two days looking for the remote for the garage door to give to my neighbor to take care of the sidewalks in case it snows while we're gone. Couldn't find it anywhere. Walked over to the neighbor and he told me I had given it to him about a week ago. Good news - don't have to replace the opener. Bad news - do not remember giving it to him.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 03-07-2014

Chief Eagles Wrote:Morning. Cold rain. Icy west and north of us. Kids in VA are never going back to school.

Their new fast easier check in does not work with my new version of IE. Had to use FireFox. Icon_lol

Packed and ready to go. Will head to the airport later. My understanding is FL. will be fair and a lot warmer. Thumbsup

Later.

Chief I have a few sites won't work with the new IE so If I have a problem I copy the address in my browser and open firefox and paste it in there and 99% of the time it works I guess when it doesn't is because the site is down as have gotten in later on firefox

Morning all have some work I need to do but not sure I want to try this am or maybe Sunday (have plans for tomorrow) as it rained all night and need to get on my knees to get into under the house. Actually I need to check between the false wall and actual wall to see if the line I'm looking for is still back behind there that would save me a trip under the house on my knees.

But Breakfast first yes I know its about 11am but I just got up about an hour ago lol

Talk to you all later hope you all have a good day

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 03-07-2014

Good morning. It's 40° with 100% humidity and areas of dense fog. The high will be 62° with some clouds.
[Image: pcloudy-1.jpg]

I have no plans today so I'll probably be playing some games on the //e and watching some movies. Blood sugar this morning was 163 and I did take my insulin last night (177 then).

[Image: P1010140.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 03-07-2014

It's a beautiful day out there - - - I have to enjoy it while I have the few seconds of it to enjoy - - - It's going to snow again later this evening. There is hope, there are open patches where water can actually be seen in the Great Lakes.
:oops: Nope my bad, those patches are Ice Fishing holes. Icon_twisted 357 Wink
Well,- - Wink - - there's still rigging to be done on the pilot schooner model. Cheers