The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-07-2014

Yanks, feel sorry for you. Sunny, breezy and 81 degrees at 5:30 PM. Cheers

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-07-2014

Chief Eagles Wrote:Yanks, feel sorry for you. Sunny, breezy and 81 degrees at 5:30 PM. Cheers

Not bad, not bad at all. Thumbsup

For the record though, it's around 3:40 and the thermometer is reading 84 outside. Misngth But, that's to be expected around here, and we're pleased that we've sent some your way. Welcome

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 03-07-2014

Didn't do anything today except watch some movies and TV shows and I played some games on the //e. Looked around on the forums and gave some advice here and there. I decided I need to add some additional weathering to the GP9 but that's a project for another day.

Time for me to call it a night. Some y'all tomorrow.

[Image: DSCN3365.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 03-08-2014

Good morning. It's 51° with 99% humidity and patchy fog. The high will be 65° and cloudy.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg]

No plans for today but who knows what may pop up. I may work on the GP9 later. Finally broke down last night and ordered a new remote for my satellite receiver/DVR. Got tired of fighting with the old one. I've had it for twelve years. The new one only cost me $20 so not too bad.

[Image: P1010139.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 03-08-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have gray skies and 30 degrees.
Yesterdays high in the 40s with bright sun gave us some snow melt but not nearly enough.
It would take a week of 40s and sun to get rid of all this snow.
I was lazy yesterday, didn't do anything worth talking about. We did have a good chat last night though.

S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-08-2014

Good morning everyone. This should be a day where you can get your honey-dos done, or just say, "the heck with that, I got some important train stuff to tend to".

Right now my train room has been converted to a movie studio. Well, sort of, I have a lot of videos and 8MM stuff to get into the computer to make DVD's, and the train room is the easiest to make into a dark room. It's been a struggle, but I've still got about another 1000 feet of 8MM to convert. I have a box where you can put a projector at one end and a camcorder at the other and record the movie, but it doesn't work too well with my current camcorder, so I have a movies screen set up and record it that way. Not much fun and not the best images, but it's the best I can do without paying someone to do it for me and having to pay for a lot of bad film that should be edited out. Besides, it keeps me out of trouble. Nope

We're right now at 64 and it looks like we're going to be in the high 70's to mid 8's for the coming week until Sunday when we'll be pushing 90. Not a record for that day though since it got up to 98 back in 2007. Somehow, those baseball guys have a direct line to Mother Nature, nice temps, no rain in the immediate forecast.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 03-08-2014

Good afternoon all.

Cool but not cold here.

Work schedule changed again 1st shift Monday and 2nd Tuesday. Last week I was only scheduled for one day only not sure what that was about. More work coming soon as my employer has picked up some new customers on a trial basis, if all works out they may run 3 shifts a day right now 3rd shift is on as needed basis only.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EZdays,

I remember the old 8mm films, one of my childhood freind's dad had some old 8mm monster movies and we all would go over to his house in the summer and watch the films.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not much else going on here at the moment.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 03-08-2014

A rare look in 'the closet' where we see the Apple orchard. Train stuff is in the bottom half.

[Image: DSCN3380.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-08-2014

Evening. Cold front came through. Only ot to 75 with sunny skies today. 357 Back from store. Fly back tomorrow night.

Later

Looks like a 50% chance of rain tonight. That should cut the local merrymaking down to a dull rumble. Last night was terrible. Loud music, engines revving, tires screeching. That went on til well past midnight. I'm hoping tonight will be quiet.

All I did today was make backup copies of some software. Being it's about forty years old a new replacement is somewhat hard to come by.

Oh, I did remove some of the junk from under the layout and put it out by the roadside, mostly empty boxes and old packing material but also some bits and pieces of old computer equipment and useless bits of old freight cars.

If I take some out each time I go outside I should be able to make a dent in it even if but slowly.

Time to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1010193.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 03-08-2014

Running Bear Wrote:A rare look in 'the closet' where we see the Apple orchard. Train stuff is in the bottom half.
That sounds like misguided priorities.

BR60103 Wrote:
Running Bear Wrote:A rare look in 'the closet' where we see the Apple orchard. Train stuff is in the bottom half.
That sounds like misguided priorities.
More like weight management. The train stuff is a lot heavier.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-09-2014

Greetings, gang.

Clear and 21 headed for a high of 48 but windy with winds up to 30 mph.

Got all the preparations for the trip completed yesterday. All I have to do today is pack. My Fair Lady has been packing (and re-packing) for two days and I'm sure there will be more today. I'll go upstairs sometime today and throw some clothes in a suitcase and call it good.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-09-2014

Morning. Cold front. 56 going to 78. Flying out for home late this afternoon. Home around midnight.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-09-2014

Good morning all. For all of you that had to "spring ahead" last night, I hope you didn't miss too much sleep. For us here in Arizona, not much has changed. Two things are significant though, #1, we are now on the same time as California, no biggie but if you spend much time going back and forth to there, it's a lot easier on the internal system. I did that for years, so I know. #2 rates a lot higher, all local TV programs remain the same, but just about all cable or satellite programs are now an hour earlier. The DVR automatically accounts for that, but if you tune in manually to a program, if you don't remember, it's usually over by the time you get there. Sad

Just a bit of trivia, but the only part of Arizona that changes to DST is the Navaho Nation in the northeastern part of the state. Since their territory includes parts of New Mexico as well, they wanted to stay on the same time between states. :|

Temps here are still above normal for today, sunny and possibly a bit breezy as it was yesterday.

Hope you all are having a great weekend. Thumbsup Thumbsup