The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 03-09-2014

Good Morning Blue
It is sunny and 23 degrees
Actually I like DST it gives me a longer evening before my body thinks it's bed time.
However I don't like having to get up at 2am to reset all the clocks.
My toy train buddy is still suffering with shingles so I'm not getting much news from the train store.
A turkey dinner at our daughters house this afternoon and then I shall nap or goof off as usual.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 03-09-2014

Good morning. It's 53° with 100% humidity and a fair chance of rain. The high will be 65°.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg] with [Image: cond50.jpg]

Worked on a special computer project last night and finally got to bed about 4:30 this morning, and yes I did set my clock ahead an hour. TV, DVR and pc all change automatically. Near as I could tell we had a slow rain nearly all night. No plans today.

[Image: P1010130.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 03-09-2014

Working on one of the computers today. I was needing some 3M Headlock fasteners for the lid but the only place I could find the exact item was Ebay and the seller was wanting $20 each for them and I need four. There's no way I'm paying $80 for a set of fasteners so I went hunting for an alternative. Found it on Amazon. Scotch all-weather fasteners, lasts 3X longer than Velcro. Part #RFD7090. Total cost $6.86. I should have them in about a week. Nice thing is I'll have more than enough for the job so I'll have some to spare. I'm thinking I should be able to find some use for this stuff on the layout.

Not a whole lot went on today. Watch TV most of the time. Worked on one of the computers for a bit and tested a scavenged power supply to see if it was any good. It is so I have a spare. No work on any trains today.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1010125.jpg]

[Image: DSCN3399.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 03-10-2014

Good morning Blue
We have cloudy skies and 38 degrees.
At least it's above freezing.
Yesterday's turkey dinner is just a memory now but it sure was good.
We got home, I plopped for about 45 minutes, then watched Columbo.
No train stuff at all yesterday except the late evening chat.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-10-2014

Good Monday morning all. I bit chilly out right now, not compared to a lot of you, but still, low-50's around here is chilly. We're looking for over 80 for today and the rest of this week, but high-80's by this weekend. It's hard to believe, but not more than 100 miles north of us is Flagstaff, and it's still freezing with highs in the low 60's with lots of snow still on the ground. We won't be going up there until at least June. Nope

Have a great week y'all... Big Grin

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 03-10-2014

Good morning. It's 51°F with 100% humidity. High 75°F and cloudy.
Morning: [Image: condmc-1.jpg] Afternoon: [Image: pcloudy-1.jpg]

No plans for today except to rest. Not feeling good.

[Image: P1010257.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 03-10-2014

Today I tore down my two Apple IIe's that I had for parts and combined them to build one. I put it through a tough battery of tests to check it out and it passed every test. Then the power supply went up like a grass fire! Changed it out and ran the tests again. No surprises this time.

[Image: DSCN3404.jpg]

[Image: DSCN3416.jpg]

Not much happened today other than setting off the smoke alarm. Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1010246.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-10-2014

Got to bed at 2 AM. Had busy day. Came home and then to get takeout pizza. Then I hit the recliner. Just woke up. Off to bed. Got FL temps here.

Sleep tight.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 03-11-2014

Company PC is shut down and home office phone is disconnected 2285_
My last free summer turn has started. I will go back to work 6.October for my very last winter turn to finally retire in March next year.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-11-2014

And thee top o' thee mornin' to ya.... Well, it's almost St. Paddy's day and so we were watching "Darby O'Gill and the Little People" last night to get us in the spirit. Me wife and kids all have a wee bit of Irish blood in them. Me, I just pretend to when I can. Cheers

Temps should be in the low to high 80's for the next ten days. I hate it when you hear a TV weather reporter say, "Well, the 100's are just around the corner". Curse They may be right, the earliest that it's been 100 is March 26th back in 1988. Let's hope that record stands for a long time to come. Big Grin I don't want to bore you with statistics, but we can expect at least 100 days of 100 degrees or over once it does show up. Icon_lol

Reinhard, glad to see you're preparing to join our ranks. Welcome Welcome

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 03-11-2014

Good morning. It's 58° with 99% humidity. The high will be 75°, cloudy with some rain.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg] with [Image: cond20.jpg]

No plans for today other than to take it easy.

[Image: P1010226.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-11-2014

Morning all. Been busy all morning. TWC guy was here. Did an outlet replacement upstairs. Old one had too small of a wire to work digital. Had to do some fancy wiring as limited access. Now for house chores and unpack. Need a break. Hope all are OK.

Faraway, good luck on the future retirement. Thumbsup

70's and sunny. Suppose to drop tomorrow and some rain. Warmer later in the week.

Later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 03-11-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have cloudy skies and 42 degrees.
Grocery shopping this morning as we are about to be blessed with more snow overnight.
A nice chat with the guys last night.
No toy train news.
S.J.