The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 07-15-2013

Running Bear Wrote:Yeah, it was quite a common game back in the day. I helped sell quite a lot of them. I think I have around half a dozen copies here but I have only one Officer's Manual. That's the only thing I don't like about it. The manual is required just to open the game as it needs a code word from a particular line on a particular page and that code word changes each time the game is started. One time it could be word three of line five on page five, next time it could be word four of line three on page eighteen or it could be word two of line six on page forty, etc, etc, etc. I've circled some throughout the years but certainly not enough.
Well - I'm sure you remember that copy machines were expensive devils back them. It was way more expensive to copy the manual page by page, than it was to purchase the game outright. That random page/word thingy was their attempt at copy guarding their software against "Pirates" Smile Smile They did try though!!!!!

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 07-15-2013

Running Bear Wrote:I didn't have to drive into town to make my bank deposit. My father was going in to fill the gas cans for the tractors so I got a ride with him. When we got back home we were lifting the cans out of the truck bed (smallest one is five gallons) when I used my best Howard Cosell imitation to say " Welcome people to this years Iron Man competition. The first two contestants you see are engaged in our newest event. Competitive gas can lifting'. I lifted a five gallon one out and when it was at about shoulder height I lost my balance for a moment and did the only thing I could do. I plopped down on the ground and also let one off, loudly! Continuing in the Howard Cosell format I said 'And contestant number one is disqualified! The object is to lift gas, not vent gas!'. By this time my father was laughing so hard he had to lean against the truck to keep from falling over. I continued. 'Oh and contestant number two is DQ'd as well. No outside support is allowed'. We both had a good laugh at that one.
ROFL!!! As long as neither of you were hurt!!!! Smile Too Funny!!!!!

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 07-15-2013

ngauger Wrote:
Running Bear Wrote:I didn't have to drive into town to make my bank deposit. My father was going in to fill the gas cans for the tractors so I got a ride with him. When we got back home we were lifting the cans out of the truck bed (smallest one is five gallons) when I used my best Howard Cosell imitation to say " Welcome people to this years Iron Man competition. The first two contestants you see are engaged in our newest event. Competitive gas can lifting'. I lifted a five gallon one out and when it was at about shoulder height I lost my balance for a moment and did the only thing I could do. I plopped down on the ground and also let one off, loudly! Continuing in the Howard Cosell format I said 'And contestant number one is disqualified! The object is to lift gas, not vent gas!'. By this time my father was laughing so hard he had to lean against the truck to keep from falling over. I continued. 'Oh and contestant number two is DQ'd as well. No outside support is allowed'. We both had a good laugh at that one.
ROFL!!! As long as neither of you were hurt!!!! Smile Too Funny!!!!!

Now that is funny thanks for letting us in on it.
Not a lot going on here. Trying a couple of things with the inside track set up. I do have 4 outer lines screwed down and running. Well off next two days 2285_ Hope to work on layout some more and see if I can get it complete track wise. Then I have a lot of wiring to do. all have power but want to add some drops in to ensure the power is there. And to wire some relays up on the one siding. and connecting the switches so they will work themselves automatically as needed.

Well will check in again later like tomorrow probably.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-15-2013

Had a real nail biter on Starfleet1 today. Enemy agents committing sabotage, ion storms, things mysteriously breaking down and a few good old fashioned surprise attacks. I just barely squeaked in under the wire with the victory and got a promotion to rear admiral.

Took another look at the park today. Looks like I'm going to need to make a larger foam base for it. Gotta get it first. I'm not planning to work on the layout anytime soon. Just looking at what I'm going to need. It's going to be awhile yet. I gotta get this leg business out of the way first then there's learning how to use a prosthesis and getting used to it and learning how to negotiate things like steps. It's not going to be easy.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: DSCN2467.jpg]

[Image: DSCN4279.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - v8vega - 07-15-2013

Tue. 92 Wed. 95 Thur. 100
Interstate 5 a very major freeway that goes from Mexico to Canada and is always busy had a gasoline tanker wreck and caught fire which closed the freeway for 3 days. Causing a massive traffic jam, fortunately I didn't need to go that way.Two lanes each way opened up this late afternoon. There are alternate routes but much slower and longer.
I take a walk each day with my dogs for exercise and for two weeks have been eying a old computer desk I think that is what it was by the curb. I'm surprised it lasted that long, things usually disappear long before that.
My interest is it has a group of drawers about 4 " high, just right for O gauge trains storage. Nice ball bearing drawer slides.
The main desk part that I will discard is that heavy particle board, some of it 1" thick and the whole thing is heavy.
I have 4 cars, all sports cars, none of them suitable for getting it home. So I took my wheelbarrow the two blocks and with some difficulty got it on the wheelbarrow and got it home.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-15-2013

Having fun in LA. Cab ride at Knot's with Shake and Bake as engineer. Also caboose ride. At BIG fried chicken dinner at the Knots Chicken House. Went to Fullerton for rail fanning. Saw lots of BNSF freights, commuters and Am-tracks. More rail fanning tomorrow. Flying home Wed late in the AM. Later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 07-15-2013

Well back on 2nd shift tonight a lot of hurry up and wait, been home from work about an hour and my feet are really hating the steel toed boots. Second shift again Wednesday and then done for the week as far as I know.

Nothing in the mail but junk today.

Train wise not much time spent there lately.

Will sit and wind down and then off to bed.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-16-2013

Good morning all, it looks like a cool day today. The forecast says it probably won't get to 100, very rare for this time of the year. It also says that there's a 50% chance of rain. Right now the humidity is 59%, so there may be some truth to that. We've been getting our typical weather for this time of the year, pouring rain and dust storms in one side of town, barely a trickle in another side, usually where we live. We've lived both on the east side and west side as well as up in Wickenburg, and we seem to have some sort of rain-repelling dome over us wherever we are living at that time, and when we move, that area becomes a magnet for rain. Yesterday, Wickenburg got slammed while we got a barely measurable amount of rain. Well, at least we got something. 2285_ 2285_

Now that I've probably put you to sleep with the weather report from here, wake up and look around, we still have a few openings for people wanting to adopt a orphan. Just in case you didn't know, or forgot, we do have the current orphan challenge, so if you have a few orphans laying around in your train room, don't you think it's time you paid attention to them? ...Well, I should speak, I've done essentially nothing on my challenge yet, but I'm working up to it... Icon_lol At least I made a commitment, that's a start. Goldth

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 07-16-2013

Good Morning Blue
The temp is 80, going into the 90s today.
A late day thunder storm was good for the grass and garden but the heat and humidity stayed.
A chat last night and a call from my friend at the train store finished my day. No new toy train news.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 07-16-2013

Missed the nightly chat last night as was to worn out. Didn't sleep good the night before. Been working on the layout some this am will be heading back down there in a few. Need to take out cans over to neighbor ( he collects them) I like the idea of recycling them just don't want to try and save them all here in my back yard. Nope

Just having a relaxing day doing a little here and a little there. wife is still in bed twisted her leg the other day so she's just taking it easy.

Talk to you all later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-16-2013

Morning from sunny CA. Rail fanning today. Flying home tomorrow. Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-16-2013

Good morning. Temp 82, humid: 71%, high 88. Mostly cloudy, rain chance 70%. No photos today. Nerves are acting up and have a case of the shakes. Tried a Starfleet1 mission this morning and failed. I didn't destroy the required number of enemy ships in the time allotted. Supposed to be 30 in 33 days. Hey, I got 28! I was having a problem with constantly hitting wrong keys. Yes, I use the keyboard. No joystick. I'm having hard time getting everything correct now. Keeping spell check very busy. Now time to take something to settle misfiring nerves and go back to bed.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-16-2013

Weather got nasty here this evening, rather like my temper which I had a reminder of earlier today. It wasn't pretty. Uncontrollable mood swings are the pits! Incidentally a TV show called Terra Nova seemed to be the trigger. I deleted it so I won't be watching it again. As for the storms, they were long and noisy, the rain short and heavy. Exactly how heavy I don't know but a cow and a flat rock comes to mind. I'm sure my niece will be happy to tell me how much rain fell the first chance she gets. Took some time today to pull the chips in the second Apple IIe and clean the pins and sockets. Pipe cleaners are such handy things when it comes to getting into tiny holes like those in chip sockets. It still requires a CP/M card. Apple #3 awaits but still requires more parts. Yes, the nerves are doing much better. They were pretty bad and irritating before the temper explosion.

Well that's all for tonight. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1011327.jpg]

[Image: 47929c26-68f3-4ce8-b8bf-d8b6df50061c.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-17-2013

Good morning. It's 75° with 100% humidity. The high will be 92°.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg][Image: cond20.jpg]

Well we're still here after a very wet night. Can't say much for the weather other than it was interesting at times. No plans for today other than maybe getting a bit of laundry done. Tomorrow I'll be going to Oakdale to see what can be done about this foot of mine. Hopefully this trip will be to get something done and not just a consultation. The last trip was a consultation so I don't see what could be merited by another except to waste my time. We'll see what happens.

[Image: DSCN4320.jpg]

[Image: P1011334.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-17-2013

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 75 this morning. High for the day is supposed be in the low 90s.

Nothing accomplished yesterday and no major activities planned for today either.

All stay safe.

Tom