The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 03-19-2014

Good afternoon all, back from an appointment and about to try fine-tuning the 3D printer. Hope to have a positive update on the printer so I can start up on some modeling projects that have been neglected far too long.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 03-19-2014

Well got a perfect test run on the 3D printer, I printed out a good model of a Babylon 5 star fury on the first attempt 2285_ Now the rest of the week I will be working on some train prints specifically the 55 ton hoppers in multiple scales. Soon I will get back to the 3D print of a run of the mill 40' box car the body is 99% done just have to tweak the file a bit and design the chassis and roof portions.

Here is the Star fury pics

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - yellowlynn - 03-19-2014

Seems like it took me forever to catchup on all the threads, but I finally made it. Went in the hospital Tues, March 4 for bladder cancer surgery. It would have been out-patient, but it was in the PM so they made it an over-nite.. The hospital doctor (don't ask what that is) got into the act at that stage, and thought I should stay for another day. After 13 more miserable days and nites, I said enough is enough. The surgeon cleared me to leave at about 6PM Mon. nite, called the hosp doc, and he says "one more day". Tues. morning I put on my clothes, called my daughter to come get me. He showed up at the hosp 2 1/2 hrs late and the finally were able to page him and said they had a patient dressed and ready to leave. A few min later, he was there. He started to rant, but seeing I was dressed, signed the discharge papers. He was extremely fortunate in that my daughter had taken some stuff to the car and didn't get back until just after he left. She was BOILING in capital letters. They told me, that tho he was not directly involved with patients, he was well known to always say ONE MORE DAY. So, my overnite say turned into a 15 day stay. To quote Chief Eagle, Sure glad you taxpayers are keeping up.

Maybe more later, I'm tired
Lynn

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 03-19-2014

Good looking model AF.

Lynn, glad you finally got out of there. Last time I was in a hospital I didn't know what was gonna get me first. The boredom or the food!

It's been a pretty good day. Even though I haven't been feeling all that great I managed to get the dust cleaned out of the //e and I got one of my two newest re-powered Varney F3's ready for a 9-pin decoder. I provided evidence of both of the above in the form of photos. This evening I installed a DCC 9-pin harness in the other re-powered Varney F3. As is customary with me I took a photo of the victim. It tried fighting me every step of the way or that could have been my shaky hands.

[Image: DSCN3485.jpg]

Installing the decoders will be next month, assuming I can get them. I'm not sure what the bills will be looking like yet.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 03-19-2014

Well as I said earlier, it's been a busy day for me. For someone else it would likely have been a bit painful. I have a solder burn on the inner side of my left calf. A somewhat respectable glob of solder took a dive this morning. I thought it had hit the floor and didn't give it a second thought. I went right on with my work. This afternoon I just happened to look down and spotted the solder glob still stuck to my calf. It had been several hours since the morning solder job and the evening solder job wasn't even an idea at that point. I pulled the glob off and went about my business. Never felt a thing. Since then I washed it with some 91% alcohol and taped a small gauze pad over it.

Other than that and the activities I cited earlier I've watched some TV and played a couple of computer games. Toyed with an Apple program called 'Apple Organ'. It's a fun little program that allows you to play some rudimentary music on the keyboard. Only sixteen or seventeen keys so it's pretty limited.

That's it for today. Time to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1010559.jpg]

[Image: DSCN3486.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - zstripe - 03-19-2014

YellowLynn,
I don't know what kind of insurance you have, but sounds like it was being milked. I had bladder cancer surgery in 1999, at the VA Hospital in Hines, IL. and was out in 2 1/2 days. It was free for me. I am a DAV Vietnam Vet. I know the pain though, that you went through. There is just no way to describe it, other than feeling like cutting it off, every time you have to pee.
Take Care! Cheers
Zstripe

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-20-2014

Morning. Something strange in the sky. SUN Warming fast. Pretty day out. Not much happening here. Errands. NO meetings [I hope].

Yellowlynn, prayers for speedy recovery.

Hope Sir J and Kev are thawing out some.

I know Fiat is warming up too.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 03-20-2014

Good Morning Blue
It is gloomy and 33 degrees
Most of the snow is gone. What's left is frozen along driveways and plowed snow piles.
Other than our evening chat, I have no new toy train news.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-20-2014

Good morning all, it's just after 7AM and it's almost nice enough to go out without a jacket on. Spring will be here in less than 3 hours, I doubt that we'll even notice it though.I thought that on the first days of Spring and Fall that the day and night were equal. Not so, here in our part of the country that happened almost a week ago. No, the vernal equinox has to do with the sun shining over the equator or something like that meaning that as you get further away from the equator, the earlier the "equal day and night" thing happens. Like I said, I don't think we'll notice any difference between yesterday, today or tomorrow as far as the relationship between the earth and the sun.

Lynn, hope that you make a quick and full recovery, it sounds like the "hospital doctor" is more concerned with generating revenue than with patient care. At the rates they charge, an extra day or two can mean a fortune in our terms.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 03-20-2014

Evening all not a lot going on here I'm inventorying and taking pics of the trains but just doing it a little at a time. Thought I would stick my head in and say hi. Hope all had a good day just remember something for you working ones tomorrow is T.G.I.F.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 03-20-2014

Evening. No good about it. I went out this morning to get some laundry done. A couple hours watching TV then pack it up and bring it home. Right? WRONG! I got the clothes in the wash then my father roped me into working on his yellow MTD Yardman. How many ways can you spell junk? We couldn't even get a click out of it. Charged the battery and now we could get a very healthy clack from the starter solenoid.Nothing from the starter. I checked at the starter for power. Zip,zero, bop-kiss! So I pull the solenoid. Are you ready for this!? One of the terminals was burnt clean off! Well that called for a trip to town. We'd get a new battery for it as well. Stopped at the other side of the shed to check the red Murray. The battery wouldn't even take a charge. It was deader than my right foot, and that's pretty dang dead! So, two batteries. We got everything and I was stuck with putting most of it on. I got the yellow Yardman going. My father took it for a test run so everybody could see the work "he" did. I started on the red one. Just needed a battery change, oil and gas. It started righted right up. Later he was talking about all the work we did on them and then it was all the work 'he' did on them. By the time we were finished I was pretty wiped out. We had chili dogs for dinner the I rested there until my back stopped screaming so much, collected my laundry which was done then headed home. I just struggled into the door, put the clothes down and set to work on this post.

I won't be awake in about an hour so it's time for me to say good night and see y'all tomorrow folks.

[Image: P1010577.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 03-20-2014

Hello all one quick pic to sum up what I have been up to today or at least 8 hours and 34 minutes of it.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 03-21-2014

Morning. Can't say it's good as I'm in a lot of pain this am. It's 45° with 99% humidity and it's cloudy. The high will be 78°.
[Image: pcloudy-1.jpg]

My one task for today seems easy on the face of it. Test a rebuilt disk drive. Problem is it has a connector my //e isn't set up for. I have a computer with the required interface card. It's (you guessed it) in the closet. That means getting that computer and a monitor out of the closet and setting them up. Yeah, right! The monitor will be on the floor and the computer on my lap and the disk drive (it's a heavy beast) on top of the computer. That'll probably put my legs to sleep. Guess what. When you have impaired feeling in your legs you can't tell when they're asleep. You go to get up and there's nothing there. The degree of what happens depends on how far you get. That usually ranges from falling to the knees to a total face plant. I try to avoid the face plant if at all possible. The last one would have scored me a gold medal at the Olympics.

Other than that I have nothing planned outside of a lot of time on the bed watching TV.

[Image: P1010578.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 03-21-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have bright sun and 26 degrees. Going into the low 40s today.
Some errands this morning, nothing train related till tomorrow.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-21-2014

Morning. Was chilly but warming fast. 70's for a few. Then, snohio???? Tues. :o This is later March. Icon_lol Have a good one.