The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 03-23-2014

Quote:Looks like it might be wet today with small chances of sunshine. I have nothing planned. One piece of good news. I got a joystick for the //e. It's an IBM/Apple type made by Suncom and it had a very good price that I would have been a fool to pass up. I put it through all it's tests this morning and it passed 100%. The base is 4 x 4.75 x 2. The stick is 4" high.

Suncom sounds familiar, does it have a button on the top of the stick and 2 on the base? Does it have 2 slide adjustments one for x and one for y axis? If so I had one for years till it wore out(too much Sid Myers pirates ) any way it came with a book/instructions that had a short basic program that you could type in and calibrate the joysticks x and y sensitivity.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 03-23-2014

AF350 Wrote:
Quote:Looks like it might be wet today with small chances of sunshine. I have nothing planned. One piece of good news. I got a joystick for the //e. It's an IBM/Apple type made by Suncom and it had a very good price that I would have been a fool to pass up. I put it through all it's tests this morning and it passed 100%. The base is 4 x 4.75 x 2. The stick is 4" high.

Suncom sounds familiar, does it have a button on the top of the stick and 2 on the base? Does it have 2 slide adjustments one for x and one for y axis? If so I had one for years till it wore out(too much Sid Myers pirates ) any way it came with a book/instructions that had a short basic program that you could type in and calibrate the joysticks x and y sensitivity.
You nailed it. That's it to a 'T'. And I have a very precise calibration program. It's part of the MECC Computer Inspector.

[Image: DSCN3506.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 03-23-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have sun but only 15 degrees.
Last night was our club meet with about 15 attending.
Some of us with little room for humans have to keep the invite to members only.
While others with larger train rooms can invite non member guest. Their choice of course.
I ran a Legacy CSX SD80 for awhile. Good sound, very smooth.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-23-2014

Afternoon all. After Sunday School, turned windy, cloudy and cooler. Was real pleasant earlier. Rain on the way they say. Maybe some wet snow and rain Tuesday. Curse

RB, watch that toe. You are diabetic and such is not good. Prayers.

Have a great week, all.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-23-2014

Good morning all. It just mid-morning and it's already 73 on my outdoor thermometer. High forecast is for around 86, not a record, but we seem to be heading for one soon if this keeps up.

RB, our best to you with that foot problem. As the Chief says, that's not good with your diabetic condition... well, it's not good anytime, but just take care as best you can.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 03-23-2014

The toe was looking pretty good when I inspected it about an hour ago. The swelling is down and the color is looking good. I cleaned it and wrapped it up. However I have a persistent low-grade fever running between 99.8 and 101.2. If that's still the case tomorrow afternoon I'll call the doc and set up an appointment to be seen quickly. No way am I going to the ER just to sit for fifteen hours while they 'get around' to me.

No pain whatsoever, no red streaks.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1011509.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-24-2014

Good morning everyone, I hope you are all looking forward to a good week, or that you have one regardless. Right now it's 59 out and it isn't even 5 AM yet.Yeah, I said five in the morning. We're usually up by four, a habit we got into when we had our business. I've always been an early-bird anyway, the mornings are quiet and refreshing and easy to get stuff done before the rest of our part of the world wakes up. We'll be pushing 90 before the end of the day, not a record, but close.

RB, I'd get that looked at regardless, it just doesn't sound like something you should deal with on your own. The ER may not be the quickest place to go, but someone should take a look at it.

Take care everyone and have a great day.... 2285_

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-24-2014

Morning all. Sunny and a lot more cooler. Below normal high today. Haircut [sorry SJ Wink ], meetings all day and tonight. Wallbang Mayor's shows to video tomorrow, ribbon cutting Wed and early meeting Thursday. After that meeting, go to ammo distributor in western NC of a load [we hope] of powder and ammo. Busy week.

Yes RB, go get it checked.

Hope all have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 03-24-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have sun but only 19 degrees.
Sometime this week despite what the chief says I will be getting a hair(s) cut.
Check out our club meet video @ detroit3railers.com
If you do the CSX SD80 near the beginning is a Legacy engine, they have great sound.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 03-24-2014

Good morning. It's 44° with 78% humidity and a small chance of rain. The high will be 62°.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg] with [Image: cond20.jpg]

My toe is looking better this morning. I still found some suspicious looking flesh in it and removed it while keeping the area washed with alcohol. With the sick looking stuff removed I wrapped it up and moved on with my day. No fever this morning. Temp is 98.4.

No plans for today.

[Image: P1011537.jpg]

[Image: DSCN3506.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 03-24-2014

Well sitting here waiting for our postman who normally here by now but if its his day off and someone else is bringing the mail it could be 5 or 6 tonight. As they have to do there mail first then they do ours. we don't have a normal other person for our mail man. I'm expecting 4 packages today and the wife is expecting one. so we will put a big dent in his truck with items we receive lol.
Not much else is going on here today. Had breakfast. Been doing some laundry and other things. just wasting some time as to cool to go out and do work for me ( its in the lower 50's) If I was still working I probably would but seeing I'm retired I don't have to there's always tomorrow lol

Well hope all have a good day

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 03-24-2014

What follows could be considered graphic. If you have a weak stomach please don't read.

First and foremost! Don't try this at home! Went toe mining earlier. Temp was starting back up. It got up to 102.1. So I checked the toe. Gray and brown sick looking stuff was back. Time to find out from where. I wrapped the toe enough that I could move around to make some preparations. Found my cleanest needle nose pliers and buffed the to a shine with a brass bristle brush then they and my surgical scissors took a long dip in hydrogen peroxide and alcohol. I got the operating area ready then opened up the wound. Reached in with the closed pliers to probe a bit. I found a mass of the sick looking stuff. I turned my headlight onto high so I could see what I was looking at then spread the area open with the pliers and went in with the surgical scissors and cut that out and a little of the area around it. Time to mop to clear the blood. Now I looked under and around things. I found a couple of little patches and took them out along with some of the flesh around them. I probed around a bit more and the needle-nose tapped something hard. I tapped again. Bone. That stays. In short anything that didn't look right or didn't look like what's in my anatomy books went. I cleaned the wound and wrapped it to pull the two sides together so they can close. I then wrapped it up good. Hopefully I got it all. Need I say it? Don't try this at home! I can't feel pain below the knees. You can! Temp dropped to 101.4 then to 99.1.

If you think my description is graphic you should have been here to see it. Compared to that it's light reading. I'll keep track of the temp and plan my next action accordingly. Just to let you know, I took First Responder EMT training years ago but never went for the license. I don't like the sight of blood.

Checked the toe again. No new brown or gray puffy crap. That's good. Tomorrow morning I'm calling the docs office and demand they list me an appointment for that day. Failing that I'll go there, sign in and make them see me. This is too important for them to ignore or put off until a 'convenient' time.

Well, that's the plan. We'll see what happens.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all later.

[Image: DSCN2619.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 03-25-2014

Good morning all,

A little cool here this morning.

Off to work here in an hour or so.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-25-2014

Morning. Cloudy and chilly. Cold rain in the forecast. Not much happening today. Video guy sick. Mayor's shows videoed tomorrow.

RB, GO TO THE DR. !!!!

SJ, get all two cut. Thumbsup

Have a good one.