The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 03-25-2014

Good Morning Blue
Chief I have a good barber, she gives me the 2 for 1 price.
We have some sun and 25 degrees.
That's about 15 below normal.
I checked out the new Lionel catalogs, on line yesterday, lots of nice steamers but to much money for me.
I would be tempted but the lack of parts in just a few years does not justify paying those prices.
A trip to the doctor this morning for my 1000 mile checkup, hope everything will be routine.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-25-2014

SJ, hope it does too. I know it will be. You're too mean to let anything be wrong. Icon_lol

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 03-25-2014

Wasted day. Went to the docs office this morning. He shuffled me off onto the ER. This morning I was in a very foul mood. I'd been up every half hour or so puking my guts out, couldn't get any sleep and by ER time I didn't know whether I was coming or going. Everything was appearing in stop motion and flashes. I didn't know what was going on. I told the doc I was leaving and I did. I called my father to pick me up. Later we went back for my van. I still don't know how I got it there in one piece. Tomorrow morning I'll go back and re-register and see if we can all do this right. One of the things I remember is they were talking about transport by ambulance. I was pretty sure my insurance doesn't cover that and now I know it doesn't. Non-emergency only. Ambulance rides have to go through 911. I'm feeling better now but still a bit spacey. My sinuses are driving me crazy and I'm hocking up that long sticky mucus that likes to hang from that thing in the back of throat. I wish I could blow my sinuses clean and keep them that way.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-26-2014

Good morning all. Beautiful day here yesterday until late afternoon when we had the first dust storm (recently called a "haboob") of the year. They usually start somewhere around I-10 between Phoenix and Tucson and work their way north or northwest. Fortunately, it dissipated before it reached too far north or west. From what they say, we can expect some of the same today. It is a bit early in the year for this, but hey, we can't control the weather. Usually, these storms are followed by rain, so when the dust covers everything outdoors, the rain kind of turns it into a layer of mud. It's easy to tell the next day, who parked their cars outside, and who was fortunate to have used a garage. There usually is a long line at the car washes the next day as well.

RB, we all know what a PITA an ER can be, they never seem to pay attention to you and shuffle you around to places and do things that only adds to your pain. Wallbang Still, they are the ones that have the skills to deal with most any kind of medical issue so that has to be your first line of defense. We all wish you luck with getting through that battle, and hope they do you some good. Hang in there.... Thumbsup

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-26-2014

Greetings, gang.

RB - hope you have better luck at the doctor's office today.

Bright sun and 23 degrees in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. High for today is supposed to be in the low 50s.

Really good to be home again. Long boring trip back from Houston with a couple of highlights. Saw all of these engines on the trip home: an unpatched SP, a Ferromex, and three shiny red U.S. Army engines. I'll put pictures of the Ferromex and US Army engines in the photo thread later today. Disclaimer: the photos are not very good as they were quick snaps a s the rolled past n the opposite direction.

Today is a national day of rest around here. Tired from the long trip.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 03-26-2014

Good Morning Blue
Winter is back it was 11 degrees at 7:30 this morning, sunny and 17 now.
All my blood numbers were good so It was an in & out trip to the doc's yesterday.
After watching my friend suffer for weeks with shingles I decided to get the anti shot.
My doctor agreed that I should but I was surprised to learn I had to get the shot at a pharmacy.
Very expensive too, but I would have paid. My B/C covered it though.
Ran a couple Legacy engines yesterday.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-26-2014

Afternoon all. Sunny and chilly. Been doing Mayor's show videos. High School one on kids with no food and homeless kids. Trying to get donations. Then the new ACE hardware. Ended at Golden Corral for a ribbon cutting and free meal. Why Mayors can't lose weight.
Now off to DMV to get duplicate license. They have just figured out how to put VETERAN designation on drivers license.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-26-2014

Chief Eagles Wrote:...Now off to DMV to get duplicate license. They have just figured out how to put VETERAN designation on drivers license.

Have a good one.

Spent a bit of time at the DMV ourselves yesterday. In Arizona, you have a permanent drivers license unit age 60, then you need to renew it every 5 years. I guess they don't trust seniors for some reason. Nope All it takes is an eye test, a new photo and five bucks plus a half-hour to fill out the form that they don't tell you until after you've sat there waiting a while, that you need it in order to renew. Icon_lol How about a sign on the wall to tell you what you need before you get to the window? 35 We also needed new "EZDAYS" plates (see my avatar). Seems as if most older stamped plates are losing their paint from being exposed to the sun. The plates are over ten years old, and newer ones are printed and laminated. Still, that's not our fault, but the state still says we need to give them $9.26 to replace them, even though they're the ones that issued these defective plates in the first place. Curse That kind of goes hand-in-hand with doctors charging you to correct something that they didn't do right the first time around. Wallbang

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 03-26-2014

Evening all Didn't do much today. Still going thru my trains lol. ( that's a good thing right?) Just a quick stop by. have some running around to do tomorrow after the mail man runs. Waiting for important items and of coarse if you need something it takes for ever lol. Need to look at what all I have for lumber ( not a lot but still need to know) as I'm going to be building tables and shelves to display some items . Hope all doing well talk to you all later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-27-2014

Good morning everyone. We seem to be on the downside of Hump Day once again. Sad I hate to complain, but time is going way too fast nowadays. It's hard to do anything about it other than complain though.

Temps today are expected to go below average and not get above the mid-70's. Don't know where all this cold air is coming from, but I won't complain. Besides, I can just divert all my efforts to complaining about the time going too fast. Wink

Has anyone heard from Jeffery? He hasn't been here for two days, so I'm assuming that he went to the ER like he said he would. They could have kept him in the hospital or something since his problem might have been a bit more serious than he thought. Just a bit concerned, knowing his situation.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 03-27-2014

Hello Blue
We have a cold 33 rainy degrees.
Haircuts and grocery shopping took care of our morning.
Now I can goof off and nap. Smile
I can't believe March is almost gone and not one bit of spring has appeared here.
Looks like a cooler than normal summer will be next.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 03-28-2014

Morning all hoping all is fine with Jeffery also. I'm thinking with what he was saying he is in the hospital also, they probably admitted him.

Not much going on up early waiting for a office to open so I can call and get some info. Hope all have a good day talk to you all later just a quick run thru.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-28-2014

Good morning all, just one more workday for a lot of folks, then a weekend to do either what you want, or most likely, a bunch of honey-dos. For us bonafide retirees, we get to do that every day of the week... 2285_ Yeah, sure, in your dreams. Icon_lol

Temps for the next few days are average or a few degrees above average and still in the 90's. Next week another cold snap and we're in the 70's for a few days. Heard from relatives in upstate NY, and that's a whole different story there. Rain, snow, freezing temps. I told them, that's why we live here and not there. Big Grin

Let's hope Jeffery is doing well and that we hear from him soon. Let's hope they can fix him up, he's been through a awful lot lately.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 03-28-2014

We have a warmer 50 this morning but very windy and cloudy.
No big deal for today so I'm just checking in.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-28-2014

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 32 degrees this morning with a predicted high of 42. The weekend is supposed to be nice (50s-60s) but then it turns colder again next week (30s-40s).

I'm not planning much for today. Came down with a cold so I'm just resting and taking it easy today. My Fair Lady and I made a quick trip to Walmart for cold medicines and a few staples such as eggs, milk, and bread.

Hope Jeffery gets well soon.

All stay safe.

Tom