The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-28-2014

Afternoon all. Been busy for two days. Today was unscheduled meetings. Wallbang Hope Jeffery is OK. We told him to get checked. Toes and feet are tough on diabetics. Prayers for him.

Cloudy and real warm here. Rain on the way. Suppose to stay fairly warm from now on they say.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 03-28-2014

Good afternoon all.

Warm but trying rain here. Power went out twice here for some unknown reason last night.

Strange not having a post this long from Jeffery, Hope and prey that all will be ok with him.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-28-2014

KRM Wrote:
Chief Eagles Wrote:Hope Jeffery is OK. We told him to get checked. Toes and feet are tough on diabetics. Prayers for him.

Same with the eyes Frank. I sent a PM to His friend David Parks / Darkwing Hope to get an answer then I will share it.

I'm sure we would all appreciate that. Thanks...

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-28-2014

Neighbor runs a shop up town called PUFFS. Yes, drug pipes and etc. LE has been watching for months. Just busted his shop. Girls working there had drugs on them. Also selling Trade Mark violation things. Hit his house [usually he is at the shop but was not], could smell drugs but only found pills in bottles with no prescription labels. Probably flushed some stuff before they got in. He is the quest of our County Sheriff tonight. He has always been a shyster. My Dad had a saying that I now use. "He would starve to death working in a pie factory."
And that is the news from Roseyville.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 03-28-2014

The word from forum member Charlie is that they amputated Jeffrey's toe.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chuck - 03-28-2014

Thanks for the update on RB, sir james. I was getting worried as I have not seen any posts from him in a couple of days. Prayers for a speedy recovery Jeffery!

Chuck

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - zstripe - 03-28-2014

I thought I would pass this on for all concerned about RB, Jeffrey, from his friends at MRR:
Posted by Heartland Division CB&Q on Friday, March 28, 2014 4:20 PM

Hello everybody

I just phoned Jeff's Dad. .... Jeff is in the hospital. His infected toe was amputated. His Dad said Jeff should be home in a few days and back on the computer then. I told him to tell Jeff that all you were concerned, and he said Jeff will like hearing that.

I will post here and in Coffee Shop of modelrailroadforums.com . Those belonging to the other forums where Jeff participates may relay this message....

Restpectfully,
ZSTRIPE

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - nachoman - 03-28-2014

Good to hear about RB - I'm sure he will be back online soon Smile

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-28-2014

Thanks for the update. I think most of us figured that was what happened, I'm glad it wasn't worse than that.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-29-2014

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 27 degrees this morning in the remote reaches of northern Iowa with an expected high in the low 50s.

Glad to hear the news about RB. Also glad it wasn't more severe.

Still feel like crap today with this cold but at least it's a better grade of crap. Hopefully a weekend of rest and medication will get me through the worst of it.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-29-2014

Good morning to you all, I hope the weekend is going well and you don't have too many honey-dos to distract you from what you really want to do. Today, temps are back up there pushing 90, but not a record. That was 98 back in 1971.

I can tell that Spring Training games are over, they've resumed work on a nearby intersection at a major road that is by far the most traveled road around. They were kind enough to suspend it for the entire Spring Training season, but it came back with a vengeance yesterday. Eek I guess they don't care that us permanent residents get into mile-long backups, just as long as the visiting folks don't see what really goes on. Nope There are some roads here that are worked on so often that they should have permanent "road work ahead" signs installed there. Curse We've always joked that if we went into making or renting barriers to the city and state, that we'd be rich beyond our wildest dreams by now. Icon_lol

Yes, it's good to hear that Jeffery's problems weren't worse. Still, not great, but it could have been a lot worse especially if he waited a bit longer. Infections are nothing to be taken lightly. Like the Chief said, diabetics have to be very careful about their feet, many lose sensitivity there and don't know when there's a major problem like this that needs attention. We do wish Jeffery a speedy recovery and hope to see him here soon.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-29-2014

Morning. Real warm and raining [better than freezing]. Not much happening today. Got in some ERR kits. May do and install in an engine today. Been a busy week [Town wise].

Prayers for Jeffrey. Glad we encouraged him to go to DR. Could have been worse.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 03-29-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have cloudy skies and 33 degrees.
I wed my bride 55 years ago today, glad she stuck around, I would miss her cooking. In 1959 today was Easter Sunday, we got married after the morning service.
However we have no big plans for the day. She just handed me some fresh made potato salad for breakfast, oh so good.
55 years later!! I think I will have a nap this afternoon..
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Steamtrains - 03-29-2014

Thanks for the update on RB....

I have an older brother who was diagnosed with diabetes some 45 years ago, but has been well under control, in no small measure due to his wife, I'm sure.

Hope to see RB back here soon...

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-29-2014

sir james Wrote:Good Morning Blue
We have cloudy skies and 33 degrees.
I wed my bride 55 years ago today, glad she stuck around, I would miss her cooking. In 1959 today was Easter Sunday, we got married after the morning service.
However we have no big plans for the day. She just handed me some fresh made potato salad for breakfast, oh so good.
55 years later!! I think I will have a nap this afternoon..
S.J.

Congratulations. Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup You have us beat by a bit over one year. In this day and age, marriages that last more than a few years are rare and just for our generation.

I wish you and your bride a
very

HAPPY
ANNIVERSARY