The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-01-2014

Morning all. Sunny and really warm. Quick pass through. Chores outside. Been busy on the phone all AM.

Was hoping Jeffrey had signed on this AM. Prayers.

Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-01-2014

KRM Wrote:...I am thinking that RB has other compilations on top of his toe. Prayers for a speedy recovery and return.
Be good,

Yes, I think you are probably right, but whatever, we wish him the best and as you say, "a speedy recovery and return"....

If anyone hears anything on other forums, please pass it on here.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 04-02-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have full sun and 37 degrees.
Rain tomorrow.
No news on RB. The forum member that told us about his operation has not returned with any updates.
There is nothing new in my train world so it's just .....Happy Hump Day to the working folk.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-02-2014

And a good Hump Day to ya all. I didn't realize that Hump Day was for working folks only, it seems like since retirement I am busier than every before. We retirees should be able to observe Hump Day as well. Wink The weekend is a blessing sometimes, no appointment anywhere, and just lke the working folk, we are free to do as we wish... well, free to do what our bodies and conscience will allow us to do. 8-)

It's 9 AM and still a bit chilly outside. It just broke 60 and we'll be lucky to make it to 70 from what they say. That's 12 degrees lower than the average an 24 degrees below the record. Please don't take this as a complaint, I'm just giving you the facts. Next week is supposed to be another whole different story. Icon_lol

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 04-02-2014

Good afternoon all.

Was feeling a bit stressed and impatience with the 3D printer(operator error) I started out printing the deck house al was fine except some where along the lines my dimensions "shrunk" to about HO sized so aborted print and decided to print the bottom parts for the hoppers I printed earlier Icon_lol no problem there printed just fine. To relax a bit I ran some trains for a few hours.

Just for fun here is a logic puzzle ,

I ran some trains

2 were real railroads, 2 were steam powered, 2 were sound equipped, 2 were O gauge, 1 was a passenger train, 2 were smoke equipped.

With the above info can you figure out how many trains I ran today and answer the following question correctly?

1) How many trains were ran?
2) How many non-real railroads were running?
3) How many trains were diesel powered?
4) How many were non sound equipped
5) How many were S gauge?
6) How many were freight trains?
7) How many were not smoke equipped?

Hint (question 1 answer is in the single digits) Icon_lol

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - yellowlynn - 04-02-2014

ezdays wrote: The weekend is a blessing sometimes, no appointment anywhere, and just like the working folk, we are free to do as we wish... well, free to do what our bodies and conscience AND WALLETS will allow us to do. Nope 357 :dumb1

We can push our bodies, kinda skulk around our conscience, dip a bit deeper in our wallets, but buddy, don't try crossing the powers that be (WIFE). That can put you in some deep, deep doo-doo. (experience talking) Misngth

Lynn

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 04-02-2014

Evening all. Well took possession of my unit today. Have a lot to do in two days. So we can open Saturday. Moved most of the stuff in now just need to build shelves so we can display our items. Hope to make a ceiling loop to run trains also. not sure how much we will get out for display this weekend but it will be on display there.
Has anybody heard from Jeffery? Hope he's doing okay. Starting to really worry as he's been gone a long time.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 04-02-2014

AF350 Wrote:Just for fun here is a logic puzzle ,

I ran some trains

2 were real railroads, 2 were steam powered, 2 were sound equipped, 2 were O gauge, 1 was a passenger train, 2 were smoke equipped.

With the above info can you figure out how many trains I ran today and answer the following question correctly?

I say: 2 0 0 0 0 1 0

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-03-2014

Good morning all. Nice cool day for us today, not much higher than the mid-70's is the report. It did rain briefly in parts of the Valley yesterday, just not in our part. Nope By next week we're suppose to be pushing on the 100 mark, close to record highs once again, so I guess today is a good day to go out and do some target shooting. Yup, I'm ready for that. Still no .22 ammo around. I'm not trying that hard, but I did pick up some 9MM the other day at Walmart. I have my own ideas on why there's a shortage of ammo, but that's fodder for a different forum than here. :geek:

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 04-03-2014

BR60103 Wrote:
AF350 Wrote:Just for fun here is a logic puzzle ,

I ran some trains

I say: 2 0 0 0 0 1 0

Good guess but not correct. Once the first question is figured out the rest should fall in place Big Grin

Hint #2 I am a S gauger with an O gauge habit Icon_lol

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-03-2014

Morning. Sunny but going to partly cloudy. Real warm. High yesterday was 85. Worked all day at lake house getting up leaves, burning them and doing grass. Got home last night at 10:00. Tired this AM. Taxes at CPA this afternoon. Batching it as Wifey is headed to GA to visit friend Gail. She'll be back Sunday night.

Any word from Jeffrey?

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 04-03-2014

Good Morning Blue
Cloudy skies and 35 degrees this morning
No news about RB but we are trying to get an update from his friend Gary who says he has heard nothing either.
An appointment with my skin doctor this morning for checkup, she better not find anything new, I'm tired of being cut on.
I always considered Hump day as a working mans thing, us retirees can chose any day we want. Makes no difference to me if you like Wednesday, go for it.
No train news this morning.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - zstripe - 04-03-2014

Hello Blue.
To All, I have heard nothing at all about JEFF, on any of the sites, Jeff frequents. Leads me to believe, there was more going on than even He knew.
Wishing Him the Best!
Zstripe

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 04-03-2014

AF350 Wrote:Good afternoon all.

Was feeling a bit stressed and impatience with the 3D printer(operator error) I started out printing the deck house al was fine except some where along the lines my dimensions "shrunk" to about HO sized so aborted print and decided to print the bottom parts for the hoppers I printed earlier Icon_lol no problem there printed just fine. To relax a bit I ran some trains for a few hours.

I ran some trains

1) How many trains were ran? 5
2) How many non-real railroads were running? 3
3) How many trains were diesel powered? 1
4) How many were non sound equipped 3
5) How many were S gauge? 1
6) How many were freight trains? 2
7) How many were not smoke equipped? 2

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 04-03-2014

rtraincollector Wrote:
AF350 Wrote:Good afternoon all.

I ran some trains

1) How many trains were ran? 5
2) How many non-real railroads were running? 3
3) How many trains were diesel powered? 1
4) How many were non sound equipped 3
5) How many were S gauge? 1
6) How many were freight trains? 2
7) How many were not smoke equipped? 2

RT, very close only got the following correct One diesel, One S gauge, and 2 freight trains.

Hope you all don't find it too terribly hard a puzzle, it seems easy to me but then again I already know the answers Icon_lol