The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 04-03-2014

Jeffery has been absent far too long. I hope all is improving and not getting worse. I am not sure but if you lose your big toe it throws off your balance may be he is in physical rehab just my speculation. Hope to see him post again soon.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-04-2014

KRM Wrote:Update on Jeffery / RB from his friend Garry, posted on another forum. Prayers for Jeffery. Night guys.

""Hello, everybody ... Good to see you.

Regarding Jeffrey (Running Bear) ..... I called his Dad this evening. Jeff is in a rehab hospital for an indefinate stay. His Dad gave me Jeff's number.. ... Jeff can take a few calls from some of you. PM me or email me if you wish to call Jeff. He will not be able to post in forums or send emails while he is in the rehab hospital. .... The surgery of about ten days ago went okay. Part of his foot was removed along with the infected toe. He had both a staph infection and gangrene. His wound is roughly 1 1/2" by 2 1/4" and is healing very slowly. ... Jeff is in very good spirits, and he sincerely appreciates all of the forum members who care about him. I admire Jeff's good attitude and strong character. I will post this message in at least 2 other forums in which Jeff is a regular. ... Feel free to post in other forums you are aware that Jeff participates with this news.""
Thank you for that update. Many of us have been concerned that his situation was a lot worse than first thought. Apparently it was and a good thing that he did go to the ER when he did. Pleas keep us posted when you do hear anything.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-04-2014

Morning. Partly cloudy going to sunny. 80's again today. Cold front coming through with little rain during the night. Highs tomorrow in the 60's.

Off to a most of the day meeting. Then drive to the lake house for a Board meeting and drive back. Burr. Tomorrow off until 6. Then Mayors at the hockey game [suite and food].

Hope the thingy has not gone to the foot and leg. GET WELL JEFFREY!!

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-04-2014

KRM Wrote:Good morning Blue off to the dentist in a bit to get the new crown installed and empty out the wallet. Wallbang
Don, The information came from SJ's close friend Charlie who contacted Garry. I was up late last night and thought i would post it as I am sure SJ would of today if I had not. It is a shame that Jeffery let it get to that point but like he has said many times that he can not feel pain there so it must of creeped up on him. I am just glad he is where he needs to be to get well and hope for a speedy recovery. I miss his input to the forums he is on that I visit.
Got to run.
Thanks again Kev for the input. That's one thing that they warn diabetics of, neuropathy in the feet. Sharp pain as well as loss of feeling is serious since you can get a cut and never know it, just like in Jeffery's case. As someone mentioned here a few days ago, the eyes are also something that has to be closely monitored since diabetes can affect sight as well. I went shooting with a friend yesterday who says his wife is having these problems and she isn't even diabetic, so I guess everyone has to be careful.

We all wish Jeffery well and a speedy recovery and rehabilitation.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 04-04-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have a misty gloomy morning at 36 degrees.
Beats any winter day every time.
I made a post earlier this morning but don't see it so here I am again.
Here's hoping Jeffrey has a speedy recovery as I know he misses his computers.
The morning he described his DIY surgery gave me a bad feeling.
Went out this morning for some errands, now I can goof off which I have become very good at.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 04-05-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have some sun and 33 degrees.
No breaking news this morning, but it appears next Sunday's Scheduled train show is being held tomorrow.
If it's true some people will walk away angry next Sunday. It's their last show of the season so some will drive across town(Detroit area)to be there.
My back is still hurting so nothing heavier than a remote today.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-05-2014

KRM Wrote:Don,
I wanted to share this with you and the others who care for RB,
Information from the ProBoards Forum,
Many of you may not know that,, Jeffery as a moderator stood with me when most of the small minded group of "the faithful" from another forum wanted to remove those that did not fit their mold. So I will always be grateful to RB for seeing that and standing up for what was right although we both got kicked under the buss. But today we are better off that way than to be on a ship of fools. Wink Prayers for his speedy recovery... Smile
Please share with those who need and want to know.

Garry did provide an address if you wish to send Jeffery a note or card.

Jeffrey Wimberly

Leesville Rehabilitation Hospital

900 S 6th St,

Leesville, LA 71446

Thanks again for the input. Apparently he is getting support from many places. If he lost more of the foot than just a toe, his rehabilitation probably consists of a lot of physical therapy. We are all concerned and look for him to be back here soon.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 04-05-2014

Thanks for posting Jeffrey's "address" I'll have to get a card off to him.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-05-2014

Afternoon all. Busy morning and afternoon. Now getting ready for the hockey game. Mayors have a free suite and food. Yes! Who cares about the game. Food is great.

Something happened to the cold front. Still hot. ???? No rain either as forecasted.

Prayers for Jeffrey.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-06-2014

Good morning folks, Yet another nice day in store, weather-wise that is. Can't tell about anything else yet, I'm just on my second cup of coffee and not quite awake. I do see a bunch of 90's in the forecast, and by midweek we're going to be pushing 100. No rain in the forecast, although it did sprinkle enough the other day to mess up anything outside, but not enough to measure. Most of our snowbirds are still hanging around right now, I'll be about a month before they flock home. I'm not sure how they'll handle the first 100 degree day, but that's usually their signal to pack up and go home.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 04-06-2014

ezdays Wrote:Good morning folks, Yet another nice day in store, weather-wise that is. Can't tell about anything else yet, I'm just on my second cup of coffee and not quite awake. I do see a bunch of 90's in the forecast, and by midweek we're going to be pushing 100. No rain in the forecast, although it did sprinkle enough the other day to mess up anything outside, but not enough to measure. Most of our snowbirds are still hanging around right now, I'll be about a month before they flock home. I'm not sure how they'll handle the first 100 degree day, but that's usually their signal to pack up and go home.

I remember those 100 degree days here in Ohio in the summer as a kid it was usually humid as well. It was also the sign of severe thunderstorms and twisters coming thru and then the temps would drop rapidly during the storms. Now we lately have severe weather almost year round Nope

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 04-06-2014

Good Morning Blue
Bright sun and 41 degrees.
Mailed a card to Jeffrey yesterday, hope he gets it, and starts healing as well.
Yesterday was a catch all day, some train running, some Tiger baseball Smile , some ladies golf and then the Red Wings Sad
Also had a nice chat with Brutus and Charlie till bed time.
A train show this morning and then who knows.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-06-2014

Afternoon all. Sunday School and then lunch. Wifey should be on the way home. Turned cooler and breezy. The rain forecasted for this past Friday is suppose to come tomorrow. Hope all are well. Prayers for Jeffrey [We discussed him in Sunday School and all wished him well. On prayer list.].

Kev, better working on the lane than pushing snow.

Later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 04-06-2014

Evening all. Been a good day. I made like 2 small sales but still its getting people to see that I'm there. Need to do a little more to the space so when we are there people see more of what we have so guess some 2x4's build them here then take them there in the truck. for legs and 1x4's for the framing then 2' x 8' table
Suppose to be heavy rains and lightening tomorrow. So looks like a day to just chill and relax here. Left the laptop at the unit so will have to be on inbetween storms lol not going there for just that.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - zstripe - 04-07-2014

Good Morning Blue.
Another up-date on RB/Jeff from MRR site.

QUOTE:

Quote: Galaxy,

Maybe should You speak with Jeff again, you can tell him that His friends at Pro-Boards are wishing him well and miss Him. I have been keeping them updated, by you and Barry's graciously received up-dates.

Respectfully,
Frank

Hi Frank with the Stripes!

I specifically mentioned YOU, and that YOU had notified another forum you two belong to, and he sounded pleased! {I did because Garry helped me to realize you had done so}

SO that job is done! Jeffrey is appreciative!

He is always appreciative of our "compassion and willingness" to "help out others". He learned that when I started the "Help Jeffrey Housing fund" a short time ago.

Much like his posts, He is man of quiet, steady words and inflections.

Technically anyone could call him, but If YOU WOULD, leave it to me and Garry as he DOES have therapies and meals to go to, and doesn't need to be overwhelmed by calls just yet, OR lose phone priveleges.

It is about a 12 bed facility, so he does have some companions around to "therapize" with.

If you want to send something to him at home, PM me or Garry for an address. He is in for a long haul, but that can change too, and fast! I should know! many hospitalizations cut short whne they need beds!

We'll keep Jeffrey on the prayers list!

-thanks

-g
END QUOTE:

Respectfully,
Frank/zstripe