The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 04-07-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have cloudy skies and 40 degrees
Expecting rain before the day is over.
Train show yesterday was same guys, same ole stuff. So nothing bought from there.

S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-07-2014

Good morning all. Nice sunny day here, pushing 90 with probably a record 98 on Thursday. Or so the forecasters say, some of they anyway. Icon_lol It's hard to believe, but we have below freezing temps up north. The Grand Canyon was suppose to get down to 21 last night. Fortunately, we have no plans to go up north until at least June.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-07-2014

Busy day and night. RAIN. Sleep tight.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-08-2014

Good morning everyone. Today should be our first 90 degree day for the year, and we might even reach 100 before the weekend. That would be a bit early...well, a whole lot early I guess when you look at the statistics. :?
  • Earliest - March 26, 1988
    Latest - June 18, 1913
    Average - May 13

So much for the weather, we're use to this, and if you aren't, you head back to where you live until Fall comes around.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 04-08-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have sun and 42 degrees
Seems to me it should be up to Jeffrey or the rehab center to decide who can call him.
Cards have been sent from another forum and a spokesmen for the group will make a call.
Lite rain yesterday afternoon made it a good toy train running day, All went well.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-08-2014

Morning. Slack day. Got some sleep in. Yesterday was full even into the night. Tomorrow about the same.

Prayers for Jeffrey.

YANKEES WIN!!!

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 04-08-2014

Chief Eagles Wrote:YANKEES WIN!!! Have a good one.
"Chief", I grew up on the South Shore of Long island, N.Y.. Before they abandoned me for "California", I was a devout Brooklyn Dodger Fan ( Dem Bums, Dem beautiful Bums ). Since settling in Illinois, I have found "Da Cubs". 2285_ Wink 357
I followed the Boston Red Sox for while, Carl Yastrzemski, was a "neighbor" ( we moved out to Sagaponack in 1961, Carl grew up in Bridgehampton )

Guess I was never destined to be a Yankee fan. Icon_lol Wink Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin - - - - - :oops: or a White Sox fan either Icon_twisted

My favorite "sport "? ........... The America's Cup Race.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jeffrey, hope you are making swift progress, and are back and well again soon.
'Till then, ( oh what was that "old line"......) Oh Yeah ! Icon_twisted Keep asking for a bed pan, it drives the nurses crazy !! Icon_twisted

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 04-08-2014

Afternoon all. Sitting here waiting for UPS which anymore I don't know if they will be here at 10 am or 9 P.M. I hate UPS with a Passion. I can't plan anything the day there coming. And twice I've had them change the delivery date at 9 P.M. they say some stupid reason Delivery exception is the normal one.
Oh well not much else going on here. I keep forgetting stuff at the flea market unit that I need here lol so I guess Thursday I will head out there and get some things I forgot. Not much else is going on here. Talk to you all later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-09-2014

Good morning, all is well here, just a bit hot. We're still looking at record temps for the next few days an possibly our first 100 for the year. Time for the snowbirds to start packing and flocking back home. I can see it now, the next few weeks, the streets are going to be bumper to bumper with huge RV's towing SUV's, all going at least ten miles an hour under the speed limit in the fast lane in anticipation of making a left turn at the freeway, some five or ten miles away. :o That's the way it is every year around this time. Wallbang

Sumpter250 Wrote:...Guess I was never destined to be a Yankee fan. Icon_lol Wink Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin - - - - - :oops: or a White Sox fan either Icon_twisted ...

He might be talking about basketball and "March Madness". Kentucky (south) was defeated by Connecticut (yankee). Hmmm, sounds like a Mark Twain novel. 357 I see where there seems to be a new college fad emerging. We have students rioting in the streets regardless of a win or loss of their college team. Just an excuse to have an extra large party I guess. Whatever happened to goldfish eating or telephone booth cramming? Icon_lol

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 04-09-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have bright sun and 38 degrees.
Just checking in today, will be heading out soon.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-09-2014

Morning. Cloudy but clearing. Back from dentist and now to "Mayor's uniform" and meetings all day. Thanks to all you who work. SS was in account right on time. Thumbsup Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 04-09-2014

Good afternoon all sunny but breezy here.

Not much new going on here may get the car out and cruse around for awhile. 8-)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 04-09-2014

Afternoon All. Been a so-so day lol Got some trains in from a ebay win got a UP F unit 1065, 2-4-2 #1060 a 6465 Sunoco double dome tank car, 6112 blue gondola, and a 6017 Lionel lines caboose. That all will goto the unit I have at the flea market. Not much else going on. It's fun trying to come up with a before tax price so it ends with the price you want as most don't charge tax in there they figure it in to the price.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-10-2014

KRM Wrote:Hi Blue, Second day in the mid 60s. We had the house open yesterday for the first time in six months. 2285_
Nothing else. Nope

It looks like your high is around our low. We are looking at 68 for a low today (my outdoor thermometer shows it to be 58, although the Weather Channel says it's 66) and the high temps are also very confusing, it just depends on who you believe more. The Weather Channel shows a high of 99 today, 98 shows as the record back in 1989. However, the TV forecaster (weather reporter) shows it to only get to 96, with a record high of 100 (also back in 1989). Regardless, it is creeping up there and I'm sure we'll hit 100 very soon.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 04-10-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have sun and 52 degrees
Latest word on Jeffrey is he is walking some and slowly healing.
The new Lionel catalogs have arrived at the local train store, looks like some nice offerings for the Flyer guys.
S.J.