The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 04-12-2014

Answers to logic puzzle are as follows:

1. there are three trains running
2. One non-real railroad name (MTH Buckeye Express)
3.One diesel loco
4.One non sound equipped loco
5.One S gauge train
6.Two freight trains
7.One non smoking loco

Train 1 is a S gauge pass set with sound and smoke B&O steam loco

train 2 is a O gauge MTH Buckeye express sound and smoke steam loco

train 3 is an O gauge CSX diesel no sound or smoke

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-12-2014

Greetings, gang.

The last two weeks have been a nightmare for me. I hate to be a downer in here but I gotta vent somehow. A week ago Monday my wife was diagnosed with liver and lung cancer. Since then has been a whirlwind of tests and installation of a port. On Monday she starts chemo. 4 hours on Monday then in three weeks another 4 hours. Don't know yet how long this will go on but they don't put a port in for one or two treatments. Today we picked out a wig as she will be losing her hair. So far, there is no radiation involved.

Then this afternoon I got a call from my son's wife. Seems as though he had a mini-stroke yesterday morning. All tests so far are coming back negative. Monday he will have an ultrasound on his heart. Doctors are trying to figure out where it came from. Cholesterol is within tolerance and there is minimal plaque on the arteries.

Any prayers or kind thoughts you can send our way will be greatly appreciated. Right now I don't know if or when I'll be able to post again 'cuz it's gonna be kinda busy around here.

All stay safe.

Tom

PS - RB, good to hear you're doing ok.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 04-12-2014

Good evening. Was feeling good today. Doc started me on Matforman. Now feeling tired and jumpy. Almost attacked nurse when she startled me. Don't feel right. Tired-dizzy-jumpy.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-13-2014

Good morning folks, I see that all is not well for some of you. Tom, your family is in our prayers, we hope for the best for you all. RB, the same goes for you. Trying to get your blood sugar under control has some real difficult reactions. Low blood sugar can change a person's personality in a flash. Take care, all of you.

Yesterday, the TV weather girl was showing us the weather map in said that a "cold front" was moving into the state from the northeast. This "cold front" will drive our temps down from the mid-90's all the way to the high 80's, like around 89.... Wow, I think I just might go look for a pair of long-johns. Icon_lol

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 04-13-2014

Good morning. It's 66 and cloudy. The high will be 78 with a 55% chance of thunderstorms.

Not much going on today. Blood sugar was 258 this morning. New meds ain't doing the trick except to make me feel bad. Hearing big thunderboomers outside now. Grits this morning were lousy. Not only could I stand a spoon up in it, I could spread butter on it like it was toast then had to cut it with a knife and fork. Stuff like that might be good for paving the driveway. Hopefully lunch will be better. If not I'll probably raid the bowl of homemade cookies my sister brought.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - OBJack - 04-13-2014

Hi guys,
it's been a while I know, but I couldn't stay out after reading (yes I have been lurking) of RB and Tom's terrible times lately.
My thoughts and prayers for you both.
I know RB's strength will win out and he will be back to his old self soon with the proper care and attention he is receiving, I have seen him win these battles before with his great will and determination.
Be gentle on those nurses RB. Goldth

Tom, what can I say? My poor man what devastating news for your wife and you and your family. A positive mindset, great love and a belief in the healing powers of mind and body are needed in abundance right now. I will give what energy I have to both of you to fight the good fight for as long as it is needed.
I indeed know the journey you are about to embark upon and I will be constantly thinking of you both,with love and prayers for a bright future.

219 Jack

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 04-13-2014

Good Morning Blue
Tom sorry to read of your wife's condition. One of my wife's sisters is going through that very kind of treatment as well.
I pray her body responds to the chemo.
Last night was our club meet, a good turnout and room for a few invited guest.
Our host has heaps of freight cars so I just took a Legacy DT&I GP35.
We have cloudy skies and 56 degrees. A little rain last night from a storm that just missed us. A local town to the west got pounded pretty good though.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-13-2014

Morning. Back home from farm and yesterday's Mayor's duties. Big tom turkey working the field and woods and I can't get there. Wallbang

Wow, glad to hear from RB. Prayers for seedy recovery.

Tom, oh no! Prayers for wife.

Have a great week.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 04-13-2014

Lunch was turkey, dressing, green beans, a roll and a small piece of some kind of cake. Problem was it all was very salty. I had a grilled cheese sandwich afterward to help kill the aftertaste. Other than that there's nothing happening here. Seems my meds are effecting my energy and endurance. I have little strength for anything. Gonna sleep for a bit.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - MadModeler - 04-13-2014

Hey folks. Been out for a while. Sold house, career change and moving. Thought I would drop in and say `hello`.

MadModeler Wrote:Hey folks. Been out for a while. Sold house, career change and moving. Thought I would drop in and say `hello`.

Glad you stopped by. Congratulations and wishing you good luck on your new endeavor and for selling your house. That's always a traumatic thing to go through. Keep in touch and let us know what's going on.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - MadModeler - 04-13-2014

ezdays Wrote:
MadModeler Wrote:Hey folks. Been out for a while. Sold house, career change and moving. Thought I would drop in and say `hello`.

Glad you stopped by. Congratulations and wishing you good luck on your new endeavor and for selling your house. That's always a traumatic thing to go through. Keep in touch and let us know what's going on.
Thank you ezdays.
May not have been on for a long time but I`ve always thought of you folks. The career change has been pretty hectic though. Sobering when you discover that a lot of companies don`t like hiring people in their 40s. Especially when the person is starting out. Glad my wife has been backing me up too. Helps when you have support at home.

Finally able to post a photo with this thing. Now I can't remember how I did it.

[Image: DSCN3427.jpg]

Running Bear Wrote:Finally able to post a photo with this thing. Now I can't remember how I did it.

You probably selected, "img", then put the link to the photo in between, like this: "[img]link_to_photo_location[/img]"

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 04-13-2014

Tom...and RB --- Prayers your way!!!!

RB - Glad that you can post here again.. We missed you!!!!!