The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-22-2014

Glad I don't have that worry. I sold the only IIe disk drive and the two IIe's that I had around 1998. I'm sure it was pennies on the dollar. Who knew there would be a market for them some 15 years later. Icon_lol It's also nice to know that there is someone that can not only work on them, but is willing to do so... 2285_

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 04-22-2014

ezdays Wrote:Glad I don't have that worry. I sold the only IIe disk drive and the two IIe's that I had around 1998. I'm sure it was pennies on the dollar. Who knew there would be a market for them some 15 years later. Icon_lol It's also nice to know that there is someone that can not only work on them, but is willing to do so... 2285_
Not a worry to me. I can fix 'em almost as fast as I break 'em.

Went to dinner with the family tonight. Besides myself there were my niece and her husband, my sister and her husband, my father and stepmother and several friends. I had chicken, beef and shrimp fajitas and a diet Dr Pepper.

After the computer and decoder work I did today I wonder what I can do tomorrow as an encore. Lots of nothing? Sounds good to me. My father told me to be over at his place around noon. He's making beans, rice and cornbread.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1010001-65.jpg]

[Image: P1010002-42.jpg]

[Image: P1011982.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 04-22-2014

Good evening all.

RB, great to see you posting again.

Supposed to be in the 30's in the morning and back to the 70's by the end of the week.

I had almost picked up an Erector set(rocket launcher set) at a thrift store, it was missing the electric motor and of course the rocket for $19.00 the metal box was beat up but intact enough to see graphics and the Gilbert logo on it.

No other interesting news here.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 04-23-2014

Good morning. It's 57°F with 100% humidity. The high will be 85°F with some clouds and a southeast breeze.
[Image: pcloudy-1.jpg]

A few things I'm expecting to happen today. A visit from the Home Health nurse, Mr Raintree to come and pick up his Apple IIc computer on his way home from work and I'm supposed to be having lunch at my fathers place today.

Looks like I'm one of a very few people in this area who repair these old Apple II series machines. I think there's even someone who fixes the really old Tandy's, before they went IBM compatible. The computer shop in town won't touch these old things. No readily available parts base. I get plenty of parts from old junk Apple II systems people bring me just to get them out of the shed, storeroom or attic. Sometimes I find one that's in fair shape and fix it and add it to my collection. They're not new but used parts are better than no parts and I clearly state that I use salvaged (used) parts. That's all you can get for these anymore.

The Home Health nurse will be changing out the wound vac dressing. Good thing too. The seal failed around the toes early this morning and tripped an alarm on the unit that woke me up. It took only a few minutes to fix and the vac was back in operation. I just had to cut off the bad piece of film and replace it with a new piece. Nothing to it.

Lunch today is supposed to be red beans, rice, onions and cornbread. Good stuff.

Right now I'm keeping an eye on an auction for a computer part I've been looking for. It ends later this morning. If the price is still low toward the end I'll slip in a higher bid at the last minute and see if I can grab it. I may get a real bargain. Of course I could get a worthless dud too.

Other than that there's not much going on today.

[Image: DSCN5031.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-23-2014

Good morning all. A bit chilly out this morning, but it's starting to warm up now. I'm not sure how cool it was, but I had second thoughts about going out without a jacket at around 6 this morning. I was hoping to get our vehicles washed today, but we have a 30% chance of rain and a 20 degree drop in temps on Saturday, so I guess I'm going to hold off yet another week before heading to the car wash. We have a car wash nearby that has a sign touting a "$3.00 car wash". I don't know what they give you for $3.00, but I'm wondering if they even turn on the soap sprayer. Icon_lol For $10, they give you just about everything, undercoat spray, wheel scrub, multicolor soap triple wash, double rinse, wax spray coating, blow dry... the works, but still untouched by human hands. :o :o

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 04-23-2014

Good evening all,

Went to the Andersons to pick up a new battery for parents yard bug riding mower, came home with a battery, a pair of shorts, 3 work shirts and a marked down box of chocolate covered marshmallow eggs.

To do list form tomorrow is install battery, cut some grass, go back to Auto zone who did not have the right battery and pick up two items I saw while waiting to be waited on, 1) a car wash kit(a bucket, a bottle of carwash soap, a sponge and some nice shames) for $10 and item 2 was a 2 pack of old Chevy pickups in 1:64 scale.

No other news worthy of mentioning.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 04-24-2014

Hey all not a lot going on here today.
Kevin about 2 years ago I got 2 complete set of tinker toys up at the auction in there original containers I believe there about 40 years old I have one sitting at each end of the mantel of the fireplace

Time to go make some breakfast talk to you all later have a good day

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-24-2014

Good morning all. The weather's been just fine, if you can stand the wind that is. With humidity in the single-digits and the wind blowing, you can draw enough static electricity to power you house for a while. I don't know why the power companies don't try to harness that. We do have a few wind farms here, but there are a lot of solar fields as well. They just finished a rather large one near where we go target shooting. I'm guessing that it is around two square miles. I haven't a clue who owns it or even how much solar power to generates, but someone has a large investment sitting there. I just saw a "weather alert" from the Weather Channel saying that there will be a "strong cold frontal passage on Saturday". I'm not sure what that really means, but I'm guessing that it is responsible for the low temps and rain in the forecast. :?

Take care and have a great day. Thumbsup

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 04-24-2014

Good morning. It's 67° with 97% humidity and dense fog. The high will be 85° and cloudy.
Morning:[Image: condmc-1.jpg] Afternoon: [Image: pcloudy-1.jpg]

Power went out just after noon yesterday and came back on about two and a half hours later. Our planned lunch became a late lunch/early dinner. I wasn't really all that hungry as I could feel a gallbladder attack coming on. So I had one serving of red beans and rice and cornbread then went home. I was down most of the rest of the day with only a little time spent online.

Found an HO Scale Big Boy in my mail yesterday. It'll never run though. It's a Revell model kit. Eventually I'll get around to putting it together. Right now I have no room for it.

Today I'm expecting to receive an AE 128k memory card I won in an auction. It's one of those hard to find things you don't expect to find. Got it at a great price but it still wiped out my fun money. Also expecting a 'Runaway Train' DVD I got for next to nothing considering it had free shipping.

No telling what's going on today so wait and see I guess.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 04-24-2014

Went to my fathers place for beans, rice and cornbread again. No power failure this time. Memory card and DVD arrived OK. The card seems to work well. Now I need to find software for it.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 04-24-2014

Tinker toys, Legos, Erector sets, Lincoln logs fun stuff way back when. I can remember Lite bright, ker' plunk, mouse trap, plastic army men, cowboys and Indians, hot wheels red line and match box 75 and king size(1:43 ish sized autos usually with figures included) and ho slot cars. The original Kenner Star wars figures.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Speaking of old stuff, got battery for ridding lawnmower(some assembly required) had to fill it with acid/electrolyte and then charge it but it needs a 6V charger so went to auto zone to get one but also picked up a car wash kit and a 2 pack of 1958 pickups 1:64 one Chevy and one GMC by M2 machines decorated for Auto Zone but neat addition to my oldies car collection. Also got the caboose body today for the DTI work caboose just need to find the ladder part should be easy to find.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the Dummy loco with coil coupler, Atlas O sells an operating car rails and controller buttons for their track system.
Gargraves also makes a section of track with uncoupler magnet and five rails with controller buttons.

Glued up the N scale hoppers I 3D printed up, nest step is to fill in any gaps(there are a few but minor) and then paint them up.

That is about all for today.

Watched an old movie today. At least I think 1985 is old for a movie. For those who have seen it these few captured scenes should bring the title to mind.

[Image: PDVD_000.jpg]

[Image: PDVD_007.jpg]

[Image: PDVD_030.jpg]

Boy did those guys pick the wrong train.

Home Health nurse comes tomorrow to to put a new dressing on my foot. I've been teaching her how to build it up properly and it looks like she's learning. The last one lasted more than a day more it had a blowout and needed to be patched. The first one she did for me lasted a whole eight hours.

The only work I did today was an old Apple //e add-on card. It needed some chips replaced so I sorted through my good ones and was able to replace every one of them. It's amazing how small the components have become. My //e's processor is slightly bigger than two postage stamps. If I were to shrink it down in comparison with today's components it would be smaller than a grain of sand. A ten megabyte hard drive back in 1983 was about the size of a large cereal box. Today I have a one terabyte hard drive that's only slightly bigger than one of my old 64k RAM cards (3" x 5.5"). Isn't technology grand?

That's it for today. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: DSCN4769.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 04-24-2014

We are now waterless. Well, overnight anyways.
Municipality is cleaning the main pipes and we were told to shut the valve from 10pm to 6am, then run taps until it's clear. May be fun as the main input goes through the water softener.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-25-2014

Good morning all, the end of the workweek for a lot of you, just another day for some others. Still, the weekend always has something different to offer, even for us retirees. Wink It's kinda early, just past 4 AM and 62 outside already. Humidity was down to 5% yesterday, a bit dry even for here. It'll be in the low 90's today, but they're saying that will drop about 20 degrees tomorrow along with rain early in the day. I'll believe that when I see it. :|

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 04-25-2014

Good morning. It's 62° with 88% humidity and patchy fog. The high will be 82°. Sunny with some clouds.
[Image: cond026.gif]

The Home Health nurse is supposed to come sometime today. She won't have to remove the wound vac dressing. I did that early this morning after it had a terminal blowout. I replaced it with a standard dressing. That was all I had on hand. So it was put on thick and wrapped well.

Looks like today will be another movie watching day.

[Image: Image4.jpg]