The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-25-2014

Morning. On the run again. Then at noon, got to babysit 1 year old great nephew. Pam is working, his Mom is some super nurse and his dad is a paramdeic. Try not to hit the same shifts. Well, if they do usually Aunt Pam is around. Not this afternoon.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 04-25-2014

Good evening all.

UPS brought me a 1:32 (G) battery op. German style steam set(stock car and flat car) some track 2 figures and some live stock and a tractor with wagon. Train runs on only 2 C cell batteries has a faint whistle and chug sound. This set was made by New Ray. Also received 4 1:43 fords 2 Rancheros 1958, and 2 1937 ford roadsters all different colors and a model train computer game. I have two more items waiting on still a 1:43 mail truck and a metal kit of a Sherman tank.

Needless to say I played with train this afternoon it has a reverse switch just below the cab of loco. Will post pics of train if anyone wants to see what it looks like.

Today is Mom's Birthday I need to fix her a cake or something while she is out, fixed soup beans(great northern beans, last week it was black-eyed peas) for supper and some corn bread.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 04-25-2014

Home Health nurse came early in the afternoon. She measured the wound. It's a little bit smaller. Smaller is better. She did a great job on the dressing with no coaching from me.

My father was telling me a while back that I need to get rid of my computers as he thinks they're a waste of time and aren't worth anything to him. I've told him I'll get rid of some of them when he gets rid of those worthless old stamp and coin collections he has. He says he won't let those go. They have value to him and he put a lot of time into them. I looked him in the eye and said BINGO! Those computers are valuable to me and I've put a lot of my time and talent into fixing them. Any one of them is as valuable to me as his coin and stamp collections are to him. What's more, he has no right telling me what to with my property and in my home at that. That was some years ago and all his stamp and coin collections are still there. My computer collection has grown a bit and he'll deny it if you ask him but he's helped contribute to that. I think it has something to do with a few peeks he's taken at IIe's on Ebay. Some of those prices flipped his eyebrows over and sent them scrambling for a fox hole! Now he sees what I do. I buy junkers cheap and fix them and sometimes I sell them or trade them for parts. Seems he has some respect for them now.

Today's quick project. Clean up a CP/m card. That kept me busy for about thirty minutes. Course I did grab a little nap here and there.

I also pulled down a couple of my home built GP9's and cleaned them up real good. There's a few on the central part of the layout that I have to dig out and work on too.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 04-25-2014

Nothing much going on here tonight. I'm playing around with an Apple computer program from MECC. Nope, not Oregon Trail. In fact that game isn't even in my inventory! No, this is a computer inspector I use for checking systems out and identifying problems so they can be fixed. That was how I found out I had a bad RAM card yesterday and was able to fix it.

Other than that there's nothing special happening here. It's too late for it now but maybe in the morning I'll play a game or two of Starfleet1. Turn the sounds up to high so the neighbors can wonder what's happening.

That's it for tonight. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: DSCN3551.jpg]

[Image: DSCN3739.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-26-2014

Morning all. Sunny and warm. Had hail, flooding, tornados and rain. We were lucky. Hard rain.

Rec. Day parade this afternoon. Got my wave down pat.

Out to mow again and do neighbor's.

Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-26-2014

Good morning, I just got back from Walmart, I found a site on the Net that says this Walmart had 9MM but no .22 ammo, and they were right. Cheers You can tell if there's any ammo in the back room by when the waiting line is eight, ten or even a dozen people long. If there's only a few people waiting, you can tell that they are as clueless as I am (or used to be, now with this new site, I may also know when to go and when to stay home) Thumbsup . There are those that wait in line as much as three or four hours before the sports dept opens, so they know. It's common knowledge that they'll take a $25 box of .22's that they bought at Walmart and sell them on the Net for as much as $100. I would like some ammo, but not if I have to get in line at 4 AM, or pay 200 to 400% of actual value.

The forecast calls for chilly breezes and rain this morning. So far we have the cold wind and dreary skies, so it may just rain today.... 2285_

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 04-26-2014

Good morning. It's 75° with 74% humidity. The high will be 85°.
[Image: pcloudy-1.jpg]

Not feeling good today so slept in most of the morning. I have no idea what I'll be doing today. I'll just take it as it comes.

[Image: P1010005-31.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 04-26-2014

Went to my fathers place to sample his attempt at Cajun cooking. It was good but it definitely wasn't Cajun. Some Tabasco sauce and Tony Chachere's Creole seasoning took care of that.

Got the DH126D decoder for the Lima Hustler today. It's installed and that little Hustler is running great. Just gotta remember to put it up out of the reach of children, no matter their age. Rolling it back and forth causes the motor to spin and it'll fry the decoder.

Spent some time working on a serial printer interface card for the //e. I've got a plan in the works to get a working ImageWriter 2 dot matrix printer for it.

That's all for now.

Finished working on the serial printer interface, I think. I'll find out how well (or if) it works when I connect a printer to it.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: DSCN3698.jpg]

[Image: DSCN3554.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-27-2014

Good morning everyone, hope your weekend is exciting and fun. Well, they said it would rain yesterday and it did. My wife opened the door to show me the rain, and it had stopped already, just barely coating the ground. They called it a "trace", I call it something else. The surprise though is that up in Flagstaff, they got 5 1/2" of snow. I guess that's where the moisture went and all we got was a tease. We're down a good 2" of rain for the year so far.

So much for the weather report. Let's hope yours is more acceptable and that you have a great day... Thumbsup

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-27-2014

Greetings, gang.

It's cloudy, windy, rainy, and cold in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. Right now it's 43 degrees with winds of 30 mph gusting to 40. Wind chill is 36. Not your typical late April day.

On Friday we had the first running of the Afternoon Special. Over the winter I picked up a couple of passengers cars to go with the Bachmann 4-6-0 for the Backyard and Southern. It looked cool but the event was spoiled by the track work on the east loop. Over the winter the track shifted and there were frequent derailments.

My Fair Lady is doing well at the moment. Scalp hurts as the hair is preparing to fall out. That should happen fairly soon. We received a call this past week that her wig is in. We'll be going to Ames to pick it up sometime this week. We have her on on a good medication schedule to keep the pain under control but it does leave her somewhat confused sometimes. A week from tomorrow we go for her second chemo session. The session lasts about 5 hours and when you include travel time it pretty much takes up the entire day. One day every three weeks is not too bad.

The last of the visitors left yesterday morning. They all come to see My Fair Lady and help while letting me have a little rest. Their "help" consist of leaving messes all over the house. I work twice as hard just to stay even. Case in point: my brother-in-law asked if there was anything he could do. I didn't bother to point out the sink full of dirty dishes or the dishwasher which needed to be emptied. I just let him continue updating his phone. Another instance: my sister-in-law was going to cook for us. Her cooking consisted of making pancakes for breakfast. Curse Curse Curse Curse Curse Curse Shoot Shoot Shoot Shoot Shoot

Well that's enough venting for now. Thank you all for your kind thoughts and prayers.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 04-27-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have sun but only 44 degrees.
We arrived safely home from York yesterday evening.
Lots of flyer for those in that scale.
Of course all the PW you could imagine at crazy high prices.
The store front/online dealers were offering good deals on new stock and I did buy a Legacy C630 for $260. Still in it's shipping carton.
Best nights sleep I have had in years, wish they were all that way.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 04-27-2014

Good morning. It's 78° with 71% humidity. The high will be 85°, cloudy with a small chance of severe thunderstorms. Winds around 20mph with gusts to 30mph.
[Image: pcloudy-1.jpg] with [Image: cond20.jpg]

No plans for today. Couldn't sleep much last night so I played a couple of games of Starfleet1 then watched some TV for a while. Finally got some sleep, 5am to about 8:30.

[Image: DSCN3582.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - yellowlynn - 04-27-2014

Finally got caught up on everything. Only 5 days in the hospital this time. Got some kinda bad news tho; the bladder cancer is still there and into the muscle. Dr said it wasn't fast, but very aggressive. With my heart valve, surgery is very tricky. The involved drs. are considering sending me to Dallas to a Urological hospital that specializes in bladder removal for a consultation. Having to keep the blood thin because of an artificial heart mitral valve, but thick enough to clot bleeding from invasive surgery is a ticklish line. I should find out in a week or so. In the meantime, I wear diapers for accidents, and hitail it to the commode every 10 minutes to an hour . The hour comes when I'm laying down, or sitting very still. God has given me nearly 84 years, and has been very good to me, so major surgery doesn't scare me.

To top it all off, the week before, I was sitting at a left turn light, stopped, foot on brake, when we got rearended by a kid I believe was about 17. Rammed into the rear of big tired F-150. Ended up doing him no damage, but over $5600 to me. The kid had to be texting because he hadn't even attempted to slow down when he hit us. My pickup is in the shop now, and I should get it back the end of next week. A 2006 Toyota Access cab with only 14,400 miles.

I'll keep you all advised if I go to Dallas. Enough about my troubles. Too many others have even worse.

God Bless one and all
Lynn

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-27-2014

Lynn,

Sorry to hear about your health issues. We wish you the best and hope they can take care of things quickly. You're in our prayers.