The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-19-2013

Greetings, gang.

It's cloudy and 77 degrees this morning. There is a thunderstorm brewing just to the north heading my way. Hopefully that will break the heat wave and dry spell we've been having.

Plans for today include a trip to the bank and some last minute shopping. We'll leave here Sunday morning and may or may not stop for the night somewhere. On the way to Michigan we generally stop for the night but on the way home we drive straight through.

SJ - we got the passport cards. They only cost $55 apiece. Since the relatives live in the Port Huron are, it's not uncommon to cross over into Canada.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-19-2013

Good morning. It's 72° with 94% humidity. The high will be 94° but will feel like 109°.

[Image: condmc-1.jpg][Image: cond50.jpg]

Looks like it might get a bit wet today. Yesterday we got only enough rain to make me mad. It was hardly worthwhile to turn the wipers on. Yesterday was a busy and painful day for me. I'm still hurting today so I think I'll just stay inside and likely keep to the bed for much of the day.

[Image: DSCN2453.jpg]

[Image: P1011176.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-19-2013

Morning. Hot and humid. Heat advisory. Off to lake house to mow. Back tomorrow. Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-19-2013

Good morning all, hard to believe but it's just a day away from the weekend. There's still rain in the forecast for here and for Phoenix anywhere between 20 and 60%, just that it doesn't seem to be hitting the ground. At least we had two days where we had a few minutes of shows, Phoenix hasn't seen measurable rain (.001") in 101 days. The record is 160 days. Can you believe that, almost six months without rain.

Today is kind of special, our oldest grandson is stopping by. He's on leave from Ft. Bragg for two weeks, and we haven't seen him in almost two years. He's been stationed in Germany and Afghanistan, but he's been back on US soil now for a while, and we missed a chance to see him the last time he was home.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 07-19-2013

Been out running the more difficult errands this morning in 85 degree heat Eek I have to go back out a bit later when it gets up to the 90's because I have to go food shopping and pick up meds.. Sad Sad The heat is supposed to break tomorrow or Sunday with lots of severe thunderstorms, so that should be interesting.....

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-19-2013

Last week I ordered a system utilities and boot disk for the Apple IIe with free shipping. When it hadn't moved from one location for almost a week (7/12 - 7/17) I ordered a second one (7/17) from a different source for a much lower price and a very small shipping fee. They both arrived this morning. So I have the system disk and a backup. Saves me the time of making a backup.

Weather here is making nasty noises. I went to my fathers place to get my mail. I was gone for ten minutes. Area was hot and dry when I went down there. It was raining when I drove back home. Think it was wet and cool? Not on your life! Hot and wet to the point that the van windows fogged over like a London fog. I keep an old towel in the van for just that eventuality. With no heat and no blower wiping the windows is the best I can do. It works. Radar shows moderate to heavy activity in the area so I'm going to shut the computer down and let it pass.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 07-19-2013

Severe thunder storms just passed threw here a little while ago, no damage here just lots of lightning/thunder wind and rain and it is still hot out.

Work Sunday, Monday and Tuesday this comming week.

Once the pay comes in steady will try to complete some shelved projects that are collecting dust.

Well it's been a pretty active day weather-wise. I've counted no less than ten storms rumble through since this morning and about half a dozen of those had rain with a few of those being pretty respectable. On one I looked out the door to make sure what I was hearing was rain and not hail. It was heavy rain. No headway made on the old Apple today. I'm sure somewhere out there somebody just found cause to celebrate.

That's all for today so I'm calling it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: DSCN4353.jpg]

One of the heavy Varney F3 rebuilds. Lots of chicken wire.
[Image: DSCN2437.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-20-2013

Good morning all, nice weekend in store for everyone I hope. It will be for us, at least weather-wise. We had a healthy storm come through last night and it's still wet out there at 5:30 in the morning. Usually, it's so hot out that the roads and driveways dry out before the rain stops. Right now our humidity is setting at 95%, I almost feel like I'm back in Houston. Dew point is 75 degrees and the high temps for the next four days are well into the 90's. That's good news, since I just got an electric bill of $375 for this past month. That's the highest we've ever had since we moved into this house. Curse I guess that's the penalty for the great winters we have here.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-20-2013

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 63 right now with a high expected to be in the low 80s. Looks like our heat wave is over for now.

Today is clean the car day. Followed by pack the suitcase. My wife hates me for this. I go upstairs, throw some clothes in a suitcase and snap it shut. She can spend several days packing for a trip. It seems like the shorter the trip, the longer it can take for her to pack.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-20-2013

Good morning. It's 73° with 91% humidity. The high will be 92° but will feel like 102°.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg][Image: cond50.jpg]

Looks like it could be another wet one today. I have no plans for today have no intention of doing much of anything other than maybe cleaning the computer case a bit.

[Image: P1011105.jpg]

[Image: DSCN4363.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 07-20-2013

Good morning Blue
The temp is 74, into the 80s today.
A strong storm with high winds and downpours of rain was our early evening. A lot of area damage as usual.
We are ok but there 900,000 without power this morning according to the news.
A nice chat with Brutus and Joe in Japan took me to bedtime.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 07-20-2013

Good afternoon all.

Cool and rain here finally some relief from the heat 2285_

Yesterday a big box was delivered by mail with some early holiday gifts plus one for my self Icon_lol

I now have a 3 in 1 Star Trek Enterprise model kit(snap fit). Builds TOS, The movie refit and the Generations movie version in 1:2500 scale. I plan on casting a few extra parts with the idea of kitbashing a few extra ships for fun.

Train wise waiting a bit before buying a Lionel club car(s) Repro boat loader and a quad hopper covered hopper.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-20-2013

Well we've had a lot of ugly looking and loud weather today but very little rain. Mostly thunder and lightning. I had dinner at my fathers place today. Meat loaf, green beans, purple hull peas, mashed potatoes, biscuits. There was a choice of butter or fig preserves to put on the biscuits. I've never been fond of fig preserves so I opted for the butter. There were also home grown peppers such as the cayenne, jalapeno, birds eye and Serrano. I like the jalapeno and birds eye.

Did more work on the case of Apple IIe #1. A bit of Krud Kutter, a small piece of 220 grit zirconium paper and lots of elbow grease I got most of the discoloration removed. The photos below show the difference. The color change is most apparent in the space between the keyboard and the Apple emblem.

Before:
[Image: DSCN4220.jpg]

After:
[Image: DSCN4380.jpg]

Well shortly after my previous post we got some rain here. It wasn't much but it was heavy enough I could hear it hitting my steel roof. There was a bit more rumbling but other than that it looks like the storms have moved on. Radar shows it to be clear here now. Looking ahead to tomorrow the forecast says there a 50% chance of more fun and games (rain, thunderstorms) tomorrow and possibly tomorrow night.

I found an all-metal Varney F3A online and I may pick it up if I can scrape enough money together. With a little modification the body will fit on the F unit Frankenstein chassis that's currently sporting a plastic F7A Stewart body.

That's all for now so I'll be calling it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1011094.jpg]