The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 04-29-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have a rainy 52 degrees this morning.
Nothing in the new MTH catalog that I need.
Almost all of the PW that Williams made is missing from their new catalog so if there is something you have been thinking of buying better do it soon.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-29-2014

Good later than normal morning. Just got a bit lazy today and did some other stuff first. It's been blowing all night and day, with more forecast for tomorrow. Not nearly as bad as some folks, losing their homes and all, so we consider that before we complain. Things are starting to look a lot better around here, traffic-wise that is. It's easier to find a parking space at the store, and there's no long lines at every stoplight. Even the ducks and geese are flying back to cooler climates. 2285_ The know what's in store, 110+ temps are just around the corner.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 04-29-2014

Good afternoon all.

Here is a neat pic of a simulated neon sign by miller engineering it is lit up looks much better in the dark but only takes 2 AAA batteries to power it. Has a small control board with on off switch and a push button to select one of several animated modes.

Here are some pics of my recent additions to the O gauge rolling stock.

First up is the ERIE loco by Lionel.

Here are the recent rolling stock additions

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 04-29-2014

That's quite a haul on the rolling stock.

Remember the memory card I mentioned this morning? Got that sorted out. It had five bad RAM chips on it. A simple RAM scan told me which ones to pull. Photo #1 shows the card with these chips removed. Photo #2 shows the same card with an end label and five sixteen pin Eproms programmed as RAM chips and so labeled. It's been thoroughly tested and checks out as good. I wouldn't dream of selling such a card as this but for my personal use it's acceptable.

[Image: DSCN3555.jpg]

[Image: DSCN3559.jpg]

Running Bear Wrote:That's quite a haul on the rolling stock.

All are Lionel MPC era except for the PW loco and the MTH Pillsbury collectors club car for 2014. just missing some loads and a ladder assembly all easy to come by if you are patient, not sure but I think the PC log/pipe dump car is complete just missing the load and the gondola is missing some Lionel canisters which are still being produced for gondola loads in the starter sets.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 04-29-2014

Well, I accomplished my stated purpose today which was refurbishing the memory card. I also chased down a problem in a disk drive. Turned out to be a simple loose connection. Turned out to be a simple loose connection. Other than that I surfed around on the net a bit and watched some TV.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: DSCN3499.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 04-30-2014

What is it with the double and triple posts? Seems to be a rash of them lately.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 04-30-2014

Good Morning Blue
After last evenings thunder storm we have a cloudy 52 this morning.
Nothing going on today for me so I guess I will meander along.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-30-2014

Running Bear Wrote:What is it with the double and triple posts? Seems to be a rash of them lately.

Don't know, but we cut them out when we find one. It could be that sometimes things are a bit slower than others and someone might hit the "submit" button a second time thinking it didn't go through. :?

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 04-30-2014

Good morning. It's 55° with 68% humidity. The high will be 75° with some clouds. Northwest winds 10-15 mph.
[Image: pcloudy-1.jpg]

Expecting the Home Health nurse to be coming today to change out the wound vac dressing.

No plans set in stone. I may do a load of laundry today.

My father and stepmother will be starting out on a slow cross country road trip to Pennsylvania today. They expect it to take a week to get there. They'll be stopping to visit many points of interest along the way.

[Image: DSCN3463.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 04-30-2014

ezdays Wrote:
Running Bear Wrote:What is it with the double and triple posts? Seems to be a rash of them lately.

Don't know, but we cut them out when we find one. It could be that sometimes things are a bit slower than others and someone might hit the "submit" button a second time thinking it didn't go through. :?

I think EZDays is right as I have caught myself doing that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We had severe weather here, high winds lots of rain and lightning last night. It is cool and wet out at the moment.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-30-2014

Home from the land of big rains, lightning storms and tornados. Been a tough time. Even worse down east at the farm and neighboring counties. One ven close schools due to high water closing roads. A lot better today.

Have a good one.

Get the wound vac dressing changed this morning. Spent most of the rest of the day looking up tech info online about some old memory expansion cards. I already have a manual for one. The others? Zip. Zero. Nada. Bop-kiss. I found enough online to figure them out and get them working right. On one I had to remove then re-seat the chips. That's one bad thing about sockets. They corrode. One of them is what I call a throwaway board. All the chips are soldered on. If something on the board goes toes up just throw the board away and get another one.

Time to call it a night or rather a morning here. I have a doc appointment in the afternoon. See y'all later.

[Image: DSCN3444.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6114.jpg]