The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-01-2014

Good morning all. Been watching the news on the weather in some parts of the country. There are some areas that got twice as much rain in 24 hours than we do here all year. The only thing we're dealing with here is the wind and that doesn't cause the chaos that the heavy rains do. I wish the best for anyone in this extreme weather, especially those hit by those tornadoes. Temps here will be a but above normal for today and tomorrow but we're looking at triple-digits for this weekend. We've had the A/C turned on for a few days now and it won't go off until sometime in late September or October.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 05-01-2014

Morning. Returned from my Mayor's Prayer Breakfast [National Day of Prayer is today]. Nice crowd. Sun coming out after all these storms.

This afternoon at 4:30 I go to Golden Corral to serve drinks in the order line and collect money for Camp Corral [camp for disabled vets kids].

Hope all have a great day.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 05-01-2014

Good morning. It's 56° with 76% humidity. The high will be 72° with some clouds.
[Image: pcloudy-1.jpg]

Nothing much going on today. I have a doc appointment this afternoon and that seems to be the highlight of my day thus far. I may squeeze in a game of Starfleet1 before then. Yesterday I was doing some work on a large memory board that was bought as junk, the problems of which were unresolved when I went to bed sometime after midnight. A little while ago I discovered that it's working. Not only working but completely reassembled and a 'Running Bear Enterprises' label applied to it. And I don't remember doing any of it.

[Image: DSCN3431.jpg]

[Image: DSCN3427.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 05-01-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have sun and 48 degrees.
Everything feels damp, I hope it dries up soon. The grass has not been cut yet.
No train news this morning so I shall venture on.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 05-01-2014

Well, I went to town early this afternoon for my doc appointment. It went well. He's happy with what he's seen. I go back in a month for a general physical. When it was time to leave my van pulled off it's specialty move and stranded me in town. Again. The battery went from charged to dead in less than ten seconds. I had to call my brother-in-law for a jump. Once the battery had a good charge on it the engine kicked right over. Definitely time for a new battery. I'm more than tired of this crap. I tested the mysteriously fixed memory card this morning. It tested as normal in all respects. I guess I can trust it.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 05-01-2014

RB:
we had a battery in our RV go dead the other year. It was so dead that the charger wouldn't recognize it to turn the motor over. The house battery, that was supposed to back it up, was also drained. When we had the battery changed, we had a knife switch put in so that the battery can be isolated.
Last weekend we went out to the RV for the first time since November and the engine turned over first go.

BR60103 Wrote:When we had the battery changed, we had a knife switch put in so that the battery can be isolated.
Last weekend we went out to the RV for the first time since November and the engine turned over first go.
Sometimes the simplest solutions are the best ones.

After all today's activity I'm pretty sore. I walked the distance of several football fields which for me is a long way. Don't know if I'll be able to sleep tonight despite being tired. Maybe I should leave some junk computer parts out. Who knows? Maybe I'll devise a method of interfacing a //e with a modern pc. I did that back in the 80's through a simple cable connection and a modem jumper but back then pc's were glorified desktop calculators and the //e was an overpriced electric typewriter.

Time for me to try and get some sleep. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: DSCN3268.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6119.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 05-02-2014

Morning. Just did two miles with the elementary school. Friday is Walk Club there. Sunny and real warm. Servicing mower and then mowing. Headed to the lake house afterwards to open things up, service mower and mow.

Go to your local Golden Corral [if you have one] who sponsors a free camp for all vets' kids but primarily kids of disabled and fallen soldiers. I think the campaign goes on till June 1. I worked 3 1/2 hours as celebrity server getting donations. I know I am working on another night to include Roseyville PD and FD. PD wimped out and I did not know. Curse Informed the Chief and Captain that they would be volunteering next shift. 357 Great thing GC is doing.

NW J is headed from VA Transportation Museum to Spencer Shops for a rebuild. NS spending millions to restore. Will be seen at the 29th thru 1st showing of F and P units being gathered there. Come to NC and see. Proud of NS and others building heritage units and rebuilding old steamers.

Have a great day.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 05-02-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have a gloomy 47 degrees.
The grass is ready for it's first cut (about 2 weeks later than usual) but the ground is so wet I might lose the mower.
Thomas is at Henry Fords Greenfield Village this weekend, I might go tomorrow and help with the Glancy modular layout.
Which of course will be all Thomas themed.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 05-02-2014

Good morning. It's 56° with 81% humidity. The high will be 75° and it'll be cloudy.
[Image: pcloudy-1.jpg]

Still pretty sore this morning. I did manage to get some sleep last night. No unexplained work or completed projects this morning so at least I stayed in bed.

Home health nurse will be coming today. No idea what time yet.

No plans for today as of yet.

[Image: DSCN3158.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 05-02-2014

Morning all Not a lot going on here today suppose to rain again but that's fine as all we have been getting was short down pours and light showers. Getting some other items together to take to the unit at the flea market. Just had breakfast and now time to go start rewiring some track controllers. Hope you all have a good day.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-02-2014

Good morning all. Kinda real bad weather in some parts of the country. They keep showing pictures on the news of those cars and road being swallowed by the sinkholes. They never said if anyone was in any of them, so I have to wonder why they were parked along the road in the first place. I'm sure they had no idea that was going to happen, but I have to wonder anyway...

Got lucky this morning. I found a website that keeps track of all ammo deliveries to every Walmart in the country. They said there was some at a local store so I got there around 6:35 only to find I was #8 in line. They bring the stock out around 7:15, and by that time there was over a dozen people waiting. I'm not sure how early the others got there, but a long line is always a sign that there's some .22 in stock. Sure enough, there was what the website said, but there wasn't a lot of it. Fortunately, the guy in front of me left, I guess he didn't think there was enough there worth waiting for. There was enough, and I was able to get the the last three boxes. Delighted, even if I did have to listen to that one know-it-all guy talk about everything possible, even his current relationship... Wallbang

Temps today are going into the high 90's, and the wind has died down. I hope that's true in California where they're fighting a wildfire. Some crews from Arizona are headed there to help.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 05-02-2014

ezdays Wrote:I'm not sure how early the others got there, but a long line is always a sign that there's some .22 in stock. Sure enough, there was what the website said, but there wasn't a lot of it. Fortunately, the guy in front of me left, I guess he didn't think there was enough there worth waiting for. There was enough, and I was able to get the the last three boxes. Delighted, even if I did have to listen to that one know-it-all guy talk about everything possible, even his current relationship.
For everything, there is a price.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-02-2014

Running Bear Wrote:
ezdays Wrote:I'm not sure how early the others got there, but a long line is always a sign that there's some .22 in stock. Sure enough, there was what the website said, but there wasn't a lot of it. Fortunately, the guy in front of me left, I guess he didn't think there was enough there worth waiting for. There was enough, and I was able to get the the last three boxes. Delighted, even if I did have to listen to that one know-it-all guy talk about everything possible, even his current relationship.
For everything, there is a price.
Yeah, after he finished his spiel about how bad and dumb his "significant other" was, I turned to some of the others and said, "I guess some guys just don't know how to pick them".... A lot of us do though Big Grin

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 05-02-2014

Good evening all.

Been a chilly breezy day today temps approaching 80 by the end of the week. Lots of rain the last couple days flooding here and there.